Upcoming art exhibition in the Berlin area

jpachl

On the weekend 24th-25th June 2023, some of my model railway mixed media pictures will be shown at an art exhibition at the Pfarrhoffest (church yard festival) in Wustermark, Brandenburg state, Germany. Under the headline 'Virtual Railway Worlds', the exhibition will show 12 framed prints with TT scale model trains (mainly North American and Soviet prototypes from the 1940s to the 1960s) running through digitally created fictitious worlds.

AnkuendigungInstagram.jpg.a379756cb381261b943f4fc6a83bac1d.jpg

While some pictures show authentic scenes from the relevant era, others seem to be fallen a bit out of time with trains from 20th century prototypes running through fictitious and slightly dystopian near-future settings.

UebersichtfuerInstagram.jpg.29a7a669f0624ed0386fd8fc30e2cbc0.jpg

For making the virtual environments, I started with using screenshots from computer games that were provided by friends from the gaming community. Later, after most of these guys had stopped gaming, I switched to the AI engine Midjourney for making the digital background scenes. The 12 pictures of the exhibition are a selection of typical pieces arranged in a timeline from 2016 to 2023 to show that development.

Wustermark is a Berlin suburb that can be easily reached by an hourly regional train service from Berlin (travel time from Berlin Central Station about 30 min). Google coordinates of the exhibition site: 52.547531,12.946213

Edited by jpachl

• 1 month later...

For all who could not attend, here is a look into the exhibition room in the nicely restored church yard building:

AusstellungWustermark.jpg.deccf91a7f52704bba349c2d5d3a1a7a.jpg

After the exhibition has ended, the pictures are now for sale. Price per copy: 50 euros.  Framed art prints in professional printing quality. Paper size: A3 (420 mm x 297 mm, 16.5" x 11.7"). Black painted wooden frame with float glass. Signed certificate on the back.

Of each picture, only one copy of that kind exists! A description of all pictures, you find here:

http://www.joernpachl.de/exhibition.htm

The pictures are currently on storage in a local Fremo club facility. If interested, please ask Heiko Herholz (heiko.herholz@ebuef.de) from the local Fremo group if the desired picture is still available. He will also manage the sale.

• Like 1

Look good. I too like combining 3D models and 2D backgrounds, but generally only with flat images. What tool did you use to combine foreground and background? Three-quarter views can be harder to embed than when everything is square.

For example, a square image of a well-known scene 

Chilmark

and, by contrast, a three quarter view which did not really work as I had hoped

Ore2

Edited by Dunalastair