Dingham Electromagnets

DavidLong

• RMweb Premium

A short question. Is it possible to buy Dingham Electromagnets without being a member of the Gauge 0 Guild. I expect that the answer is no but I thought that I would ask. Unless I have missed something it seems strange that the company selling the 4mm version of the coupler doesn't seem to list the magnets, only the couplings.

The reason I ask is that after a recent conversation with Andrew Hartshorne it sounds unlikely that the PK electromagnets will reappear. I have been using them successfully for around 35 years and I am looking for something similar as a possible replacement.

David

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Nigelcliffe said:

The Seep/Gaugemaster electromagnet is superior to the PK - the Seep has more pull from far less current.   

- Nigel

Nigel,

I'm well aware of your views regarding PK magnets but I repeat that I have used them for some 35 years and they have always performed efficiently to operate DG couplings. The Seep are at Gaugemaster prices compared to £8 for a PK, unfortunately not available, and the GOG price of £5 for the Dingham.  Prior to me locating a friendly GOG member I have taken up Redgate Models kind offer of two which I can trial.

I still find it odd that one can buy 4mm couplings but the same supplier doesn't seem to provide the electromagnets.

David