Modelling Buildings by Pete Goss

Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Now at the printers, a brand new book from Wild Swan Books and master modeller Pete Goss that showcases his fantastic landscapes and buildings.

9781912038619.jpg.71d287cde00c52bf5c1203b590ef4248.jpg

Final proof tweaks are just going through now, so stock should be available from late June or early July. Hopefully copies will be on sale at "Larkrail" in Bath on the 15th July, and Pete will also be taking copies to any events that he is attending. Also being made available through the trade, so available from all reputable booksellers.

Profusely illustrated with photographs and diagrams, Pete shows us in step by step detail exactly how he creates his miniature masterpieces. Figures and figure painting are also covered, with examples from many models that Pete has worked on being featured in the book.

ISBN 9781912038619, 144 pages, laminated card cover, sewn binding, printed in full colour on to high quality art paper. £26.95

• Like 15

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Now in stock and available to order from my website here

With a foreword by Steve Flint, a long time friend of Pete's, the book is a really attractive record of the scenes and buildings created by a great modeller, in addition to being a detailed guide of "how to do it" for the rest of us.

TheWorldsEndSF(10).jpg.4909edef069398c67a107b2d36696cc5.jpg

"World's End" Knaresborough by Pete Goss. Picture courtesy and copyright of Steve Flint/Railway Modeller

Copies went out to Bill Hudson Books in time for the excellent Railex show at the weekend, so James also has copies for sale (although at the time of typing it hasn't quite made it to his website yet). 

Stock will also be going out to other stockists from now on.

Get building!

Simon

• Like 9

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just to say that I received a copy of this book from Simon last week, having not seen it in the flesh before.

What a wonderful book!

Lots of excellent photos and tips for producing model buildings, mostly using embossed plasticard and mount board. Some really useful pointers for those who like scratchbuilding their own structures. A most enjoyable read!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 1 month later...

My copy of this arrived a few weeks ago and finally got around to reading it this week. Really great stuff, lots of tips for all levels of modeller I'd say. Another cracking title from Wild Swan (and obviously Pete)