Albert Street Parcels - OO South East 60's

lapford34102

• 4 months later...
  • lapford34102 changed the title to Albert Street Parcels - OO South East 60's
  • 4 months later...
On 20/12/2023 at 19:47, david51 said:

Will it be out and about in 2024.

Shows on the list are Biggleswade in Feb, Shenfield in Sept and for 25 and in our neck of the woods Canterbury in Jan 25.

Another randomish photo. The Siphon is a blinged up Lima one that cost me £8 !

03s-1.JPG.6af698860c6077e667eaf2fe615e4cc7.JPG

Cheers

Stu

• Like 11

Glad to have found Albert Street. I like the plan, it's similar to one of my layouts, and as @37114 said is fun to operate, and pretty versatile too!  The 3rd rail looks good and must open up a few doors with rolling stock, is the platform long enough for a 2 car EMU? 

A fine looking layout, looking forward to Shenfield already! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 04/08/2023 at 00:49, lapford34102 said:

Yes, one support is a bit wonky. It's actually secured by pins through the two rear supports and removable.

I have similar removable structures on Span Yard, I find miniature nimmodiminiumum magnets are useful for lining things up and securing securely!

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...

Had the very great pleasure of finally seeing this today (no Phots sadly as I didn't really get the time) and the highest complements I can give it is that, a) its up to Stus very high standards and b) its better than the layout that sort of inspired it..

Sound work my friend!

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,

Thanks for the comment Dave and thanks to all those who came and had a chat at Biggleswade. Albert seemed to be quite well received.  Layout survived the day without major issue though had a number of minor gremlins show up but considering it was it's first serious show I'd have been surprised if they hadn't. Most were/can be easily dealt with and while the fiddle yard with it's simple trackplan made life a little harder we now know what a better arrangement should be.

Pleased with how the 350HP with it's new sound chip+stayalive performed (nod to Coastal DCC for supplying the bits)  I've been mildly sceptical of stayalive's in the past but now in the market for a few more.

Managed to take precisely one rather hurried  rubbish shot before opening !

Biggleswade.jpg.7b8e60604eb42dc0996d7ab8100e6b6c.jpg

Thanks for looking

Stu

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Nice work Stu

Do you have a track plan or an overhead photo - its pretty clear from the photos you have put up but one overall picture would be great.

I assume the runround you refer to ealrier is via the fiddle yard?

May be I do have room for a layout for the blue NPCS stock I have stashed away...

Thanks

Chris

4 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Do you have a track plan or an overhead photo - its pretty clear from the photos you have put up but one overall picture would be great.

Thank you Chris,

You assume correctly, the run round is via the fiddle yard, at the moment it's simply that with one siding but it will get revised with more storage space.  Hope these photo's show things a bit clearer. Space wise it's basically 2 x 4ft boards but using a traverser in the fiddle yard could shrink it a bit.

Stu

20230324_122237.jpg.69a08888b78e5e8e2d30d34e987b1d32.jpg

20230324_122248.jpg.95b4391dd312100680d5c904f8b8482a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nice to see some more photo's Stu, glad the show went well, Albert St looks great, look forward to seeing it sometime. 

What were your thoughts on the fiddle yard? 

I've got more or less the same plan on Docklands Sidings and use a sector pate at one end of the fiddle yard, to enable locos to run round. Might not be suitable for exhibition use though.

I found a full length sector plate shortened the length of trains I could run round and for home use I only need one the length of the longest loco. 

Edited by sb67
  • Like 1