Dapol Manor Front Bogie Problems

TT-Man

My Dapol Manor derails when going forward over facing points when diverging from the straight. One front wheel of the bogie rides up over the check rail and the other wheel goes to the wrong side of the frog causing immediate derailment. It seems as though there is not enough travel/swivel in the bogie. The points in question are Peco Setrack in my hidden storage. I have checked the back to backs and there isn't anything fouling the travel of the bogie. Is there any solution to this or is it just that this loco can't cope with sharp turnouts?

Simple things first, obviously.

You've checked the BTB's.

Are the wheels free-rolling and have full movement side to side?

Any 'fluff' picked up?

Anything potentially blocking their progress over said points?

Not familiar with the model, is there any form of spring to enhance apparent bogie weight - possibly misaligned?

Al.

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Simple things first, obviously.

You've checked the BTB's.

Are the wheels free-rolling and have full movement side to side?

Any 'fluff' picked up?

Anything potentially blocking their progress over said points?

Not familiar with the model, is there any form of spring to enhance apparent bogie weight - possibly misaligned?

Al.

I had already checked all the above points. The only thing that seemed a possibility is that the down force of the spring on the bogie doesn't feel very powerful. If that is the issue, I don't know where I would source a range of replacement springs of varying strengths to try out. I did try stretching the existing spring a bit but that had no effect.

I had the identical problem with my 00 gauge Lydham Manor. The last thing I checked was the B2B on the bogie which was out by a country mile. Now fixed and it runs better 99% of the time. I agree that extra weight/stronger spring might be a solution but I daren't tackle it.

My model is going back to DCC Supplies as Dapol's service agents for them to:

stop one of the buffers constantly falling out; 

stop the uncoupling hook from falling off;

fix the miniscule bolt which connects the rod to rear driving wheel so it doesn't fall off. 

Apart from those points it's a lovely model - still not sure about the shade of green . . . .