Metropolitan Railway E Class - Met No.1

rapidoandy

On 09/08/2024 at 10:46, Graham456 said:

Changing the problem ! How do I best get some crew on my footplate ? In the microscopic exploded diagram it shows the cab as a separate part, but with lots of bits going in,do I risk it or am I best putting blobs of glue on their feet gripping them around the neck with forceps and wiggling them through the cab opening ? 
i am going with plastic men so as to not to affect the balance to much 

The cab is a mare to get off. I had mine apart to fit lights, speaker and stay alive. The cab was glued onto the body rather than just use the clips frustratingly.

go through the doorway, defo!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 09/08/2024 at 11:46, Graham456 said:

Changing the problem ! How do I best get some crew on my footplate ? In the microscopic exploded diagram it shows the cab as a separate part, but with lots of bits going in,do I risk it or am I best putting blobs of glue on their feet gripping them around the neck with forceps and wiggling them through the cab opening ? 
i am going with plastic men so as to not to affect the balance to much 

Still painting up the figures for mine (modelu) but it will the same method as the 15xx. PVA glue on feet, feet first through the hole, twist and turn and place. Let dry before next crew member.

The balance is already to the rear, so you won't change anything there but not as bad as Hornby's H.

• Like 1