Metropolitan Railway E Class - Met No.1

rapidoandy

• RMweb Premium

I've just got my e-mail as well and I've paid up. I purchased another *locomotive a few days ago so now my wallets in intensive care.

*Accurascale J69.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I've just got my e-mail as well and I've paid up. I purchased another *locomotive a few days ago so now my wallets in intensive care.

*Accurascale J69.

A man of impeccable taste.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Paul.Uni said:

The London Transport Museum have announced an exclusive LU150 livery model. More info: https://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/models/pre-order-models/metropolitan-railway-e-class-no-1-ltm-exclusive-model

But no mention of what is different (or included) with this model vs 909004 (2013-present) version. From the images, the livery is darker and has a headboard included? Though hard to tell if the lighting is causing the darker shade of maroon.

Just stating for everyone, the LT exclusive is £195 vs £179.95 for the 909004 direct from Rapido. 

• Like 1

• Rapido staff

Hey folks,

The London Transport Museum edition is the same livery as 909004 but comes with the following extras:

-Collectors edition box

-2 x etched metal headboards (‘150 Underground’ and ‘Underground Pioneer’)
-Commemorative postcard using LU150 poster artwork
-Exclusive book covering the history of Metropolitan Railway steam, the ‘E’ Class locomotives and No. 1’s preservation and appearances on ’Steam on the Met’ and LU150 specials, written by Chris Holmes

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

Just got home from work to find mine has arrived from Royal Mail!

It looks amazing, and sounds amazing too! Mine appears to have not come with a front coupling though (?)

20240717_162504.jpg.c4a3c9f86342d236cdd4fb765347d64b.jpg

Nathan...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, D3489gibson said:

It looks amazing, and sounds amazing too! Mine appears to have not come with a front coupling though (?)

Nathan...

Front coupling pre-fitted on mine, so looks like yours somehow slipped through the Quality Control net.

• Like 1

• Rapido staff
2 hours ago, D3489gibson said:

Nathan...

Doh! Sorry about that - fill in the warranty form on the website and I will arrange for one to be posted out asap. My apologies!

Glad you are otherwise pleased with it!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, locoholic said:

J

Now, PLEASE can we have some RTR Metropolitan coaches to run behind it and Sarah Siddons??!!

Have you seen the CDC  Design Dreadnoughts and Ashburys ?  Aadvertised on Ebay if you haven't).

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, rapidoandy said:

Doh! Sorry about that - fill in the warranty form on the website and I will arrange for one to be posted out asap. My apologies!

Glad you are otherwise pleased with it!

Cheers Andy, I'll get onto that tomorrow when I have a spare minute at work!

It's a stunning bit of kit!

Nathan

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, locoholic said:

Just collected mine from Derails - very lovely locomotive indeed.

Now, PLEASE can we have some RTR Metropolitan coaches to run behind it and Sarah Siddons??!!

Sarah Siddons has already been produced by Heljan. They are available from the LT Museum shop or you can find them on E-bay.

13 hours ago, 2750Papyrus said:

Have you seen the CDC  Design Dreadnoughts and Ashburys ?  Aadvertised on Ebay if you haven't).

Yes, I've seen those, but I'm rather wary of 3D printed stuff since I bought a couple of loco bodies which were warped and impossible to fit onto the RTR chassis that they were intended for.

• Friendly/supportive 1

You will be pleased to see that my Metropolitan E Class has arrived at the Swanage Station shop.  I have now run it in for an hour light engine and I am very pleased with it.  I was also pleased to see that Rapido test there locomotives before dispatching them and that the locomotive fits in the box with its couplings on. Unfortunately I will not be able to run it on the Hornby Railway Collectors Association layout as they use Hammond and Morgan controllers. Mine is a Gaugemaster controller. I don't know if it is a feedback controller or if it is over 30 years old.

P1040099.JPG

• Like 3

Waiting for mine (ordered it late!), but when it comes I will be re-gauging to P4  (Haven't yet thought about how to do it, that will have to wait until I can do the measurements or, hopefully, one of the companies that are good at that sort of thing brings out a conversion kit!)

• Like 1

If you haven't ordered one then TMCs latest discount code they may have emailed you works on them EXTRA5. It does then mean the DCC ready ones fall outside of their free postage. I added a Scenecraft building from their sale which tripped the free postage but the order total was still less than the price the loco.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, locoholic said:

Yes, I've seen those, but I'm rather wary of 3D printed stuff since I bought a couple of loco bodies which were warped and impossible to fit onto the RTR chassis that they were intended for.

I have a set of Ashburys because I figured Dreadnoughts would soon be picked off as RTR. The print quality is good, but could have done with a better form of bogie mount and more finishing before painting. Since I'm happy to do both and regard them as a scratch-aid it really isn't a problem and an also thinking of getting the milk van.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 298 said:

The print quality is good, but could have done with a better form of bogie mount and more finishing before painting. Since I'm happy to do both and regard them as a scratch-aid it really isn't a problem 

Fully agree, lovely little coaches - pictures are of them straight out of the box, 2 will need a little bit of fettling on the bogie mounts to get the bodies to sit level and the teak could have been a tad lighter but these are very minor gripes. Transfers not included although I got a set from Railtec but have still to apply them. CDC also do (for Bluebell fans) a North London tank that fits on an Electrotren chassis. Have had this for about 18 months now and no sign of distortion to the print so do not expect any problems with the Ashburys.

Chris.

20240718_145220.jpg

20240718_145239.jpg

20240718_151602.jpg

(edited to qualify downside, shown in italics)

Edited by chrism993
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1