The J67/68/69 ‘Buckjumper’, By Accurascale

43 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

Just to outline that the full suite of alternative destination boards will only be included in the locomotives that require them as per the listing below;

- ACC2430 NRM Special Edition: Palace Gates/Blank plates in white only, as per preserved prototype.

Where is this one for sale please? I can't seem to find it

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, aeroplane said:

Where is this one for sale please? I can't seem to find it

Struggled to find it at first myself @aeroplane and for a brief moment, I thought we’d usurped Locomotion’s announcement, but it’s here: https://www.locomotionmodels.com/exclusives/future-releases/ger-s56-j69-class-no-87

Edited by Islesy
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, Nova Scotian said:

These look fantastic. I won't be ordering (famous last words) as it doesn't fit anything I'm building or plan to build... but 68619 looks amazing (as does the GER ultramarine blue).

Impressive tooling already on display for that range of variations.

Cab and backhead details is exquisite.

Go on, you know you want to really

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

OMG, looking at the images this promises to be the best RTR tank loco ever.

Take your time guys and deliver as per the promises.

I will be ordering from batch 2, East Anglian prototypes.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

The drawbar hook will be changed to allow for easy fitting and removing of our exquisite 3 link/screw couplings.

May I ask what material the links will be made of, please?

If the end link is steel, then those of us who have seen the light with regard to magnetic coupling hooks will be well pleased.....!

Also, is it possible to supply a close-up photo of the wheel flanges, please?

Thanks.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

May I ask what material the links will be made of, please?

If the end link is steel, then those of us who have seen the light with regard to magnetic coupling hooks will be well pleased.....!

Also, is it possible to supply a close-up photo of the wheel flanges, please?

Thanks.

The screw links are ABS plastic @Captain Kernow whereas the 3-links are metal parts. Close up of the flanges attached for you.

Best wishes,

Paul.

IMG_1477.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, steve45 said:

I will be ordering from batch 2, East Anglian prototypes.

Likewise, home grown on the Swedey, ideally 'at home' allocated to Stratford (30A) in BR early crest for me, where the J67-J69 (inclusive) group were only outnumbered by the N7.

On the 'sort of a celebrity front', how about 30A's  J69 8568 which carried LNER livery as late as 1956 (and also plentiful filth and rust)? 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Islesy said:

The screw links are ABS plastic @Captain Kernow whereas the 3-links are metal parts. Close up of the flanges attached for you.

Best wishes,

Paul.

IMG_1477.jpg

Thanks,  Paul.

The flanges look to be thinner than those of the Manor...?

• Like 1

A question, if I might?

A mate of mine has ordered 7027 as, from what's on the website, it appears to have a full height GER cab and would take very little to backdate into a GER loco.

However, the livery sample shows the later style elliptical roof.

Which style cab/cab roof is the final model getting please? 

- James

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

@Jammy2305 - it was originally but then "modernised" quite quickly afterwards. I have no doubt there will be more early ones later. But as has been said in this thread many times, there are so many variations, backdating a model or renumbering is not easy to do accurately.

On 08/10/2023 at 11:40, Islesy said:

It’s a bit more complicated than that @Tramshed, given that 7027, like 7025, was renumbered in 1923. This period saw several variations on livery and legend, with GER Grey with yellow control numbers, L&NER legend, 70xx and xxE being noted as being in use. With 7027 entering General Repair under the GER, and re-entering traffic under the LNER, there are conflicting opinions as to the livery it carried between 1923 and the next General Repair in 1925.

Given that there are several areas of build and tooling that need improving for 7027, and after chatting to a couple of GER modelling sources, to prevent any ambiguity the cab will be swapped to the lower arc version and the bunker rails will be switched to the filled in versions, so that the model’s operating period can be extended into the 1930s.

These improvements should be in place for when we receive the decoration samples, hopefully in time for the beginning of the 2024 show season.

All the best,

Paul

Edited by Bucoops
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Bernard Lamb,

Many thanks for your kind words. We always try to be as open as we can about the whole production process as it in itself is indeed fascinating and we also want modellers to know exactly what goes into the production of a model from beginning to end. You would be amazed by the amount of modellers who think we simply send the CAD to the factory, it is then loaded into a machine and a fully finished model just pops out at the other end. We think it's important to inform and indeed celebrate the toolmakers, the CAD engineers, the assembly workers and QC workers among others who we consider a part of our team and who make these marvels in miniature possible.

Cheers!

Fran  

In my view Fran, this is exactly what raises Accurascale and a couple of other entrants into the market way above the toy and gadget maker at Margate.  You work really hard at perfecting your products anyway BUT you bring your story to the marketplace so that people are involved and "buy in" to your products. Because of that your customers are happy customers and want to spend with you.  A win win situation I would day.

Oh and no ridiculous oversize lamps, bright shiny brasswork, bright shiny wheels and artificial steam / smoke. 

Love your company ethic  

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Oh and no ridiculous oversize lamps

Just don't mention the Network Rail class 31.

(I have it on order, and I'm okay with the oversize lamps as I want the novelty of them working.)

• Like 1

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, nightstar.train said:

Just don't mention the Network Rail class 31.

(I have it on order, and I'm okay with the oversize lamps as I want the novelty of them working.)

Hi Tom,

We've actually being doing some work on that, the results of which will be shown on the decorated samples due later in the summer...

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Jammy2305 said:

Which style cab/cab roof is the final model getting please? 

@Bucoops has answered the question before I got to @Jammy2305 but if it's a GER version your pal is after, there is always No. 84...

Best wishes,

Paul.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Covkid said:

In my view Fran, this is exactly what raises Accurascale and a couple of other entrants into the market way above the toy and gadget maker at Margate.  You work really hard at perfecting your products anyway BUT you bring your story to the marketplace so that people are involved and "buy in" to your products. Because of that your customers are happy customers and want to spend with you.  A win win situation I would day.

Oh and no ridiculous oversize lamps, bright shiny brasswork, bright shiny wheels and artificial steam / smoke. 

Love your company ethic  

Bad form using manufacturer's product threads to so overtly criticise another manufacturer. 

Rob

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Bad form using manufacturer's product threads to so overtly criticise another manufacturer. 

Rob

I couldn’t agree more Rob

Although I don’t understand why a toy manufacturer in Kent would be in competition with a model railway manufacturer

https://www.customtoys.com/

🤪

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Funny 5

Well, I’ve pre ordered 68619! Looks stunning 🤩 

Im thinking of getting a 68646 as well just wonder if Accurascale do mortgages? May need to refinance the house. 😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, Islesy said:

@Bucoops has answered the question before I got to @Jammy2305 but if it's a GER version your pal is after, there is always No. 84...

Best wishes,

Paul.

He's after many! (To be fair, so am I!)

I believe he has No.84 on order but wanted a black example too and saw that as the best option at the time based on what is shown on the website for 7027.

Hopefully some more GER examples will appear in future batches... (hint hint!)

- James

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, Islesy said:

Hi Paul, one other question if I may:

How easy would it be to remove some of the printed numbers, for example if you wanted to use commercial transfers to renumber your particular model, please?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Hi Paul, one other question if I may:

How easy would it be to remove some of the printed numbers, for example if you wanted to use commercial transfers to renumber your particular model, please?

Not to mention the electric warning flashes on the upcoming Buckjumpers.

Edited by Downer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Having spent months ensuring the right decoration goes on the right model, with the details being crisp and printed in alignment, I haven't tried to remove them yet @Captain Kernow 🤣

You know how it goes; I can't make any recommendations because if someone goes at it too heavy handed, it'll be a case of "Well, Accurascale said....". 

All the best,

Paul.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1