The J67/68/69 ‘Buckjumper’, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

Well done chaps and @Islesy especially. They are some fine looking models.

A quick question if I may - is the shade of ultramarine the same for the NRM exclusive 87 as for 84 above or 68619 or something else entirely? The initial render appears to be much closer to 68619 than 84?

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, E100 said:

Well done chaps and @Islesy especially. They are some fine looking models.

A quick question if I may - is the shade of ultramarine the same for the NRM exclusive 87 as for 84 above or 68619 or something else entirely? The initial render appears to be much closer to 68619 than 84?

The NRM exclusive of the preserved 87 is the same as for 68619 - a quirk of Stratford’s paint shop!

Less Ultramarine, more Oxford Blue really!

Best wishes,

Paul

Edited by Islesy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

So glad I made the late decision to pre order 68619 - it looks properly stunning. As @Accurascale Fran says if a manufacturer concentrates on getting a model right then you'll generate sales to people who don't need the prototype at all but are drawn in by the quality of the modelling. Like me! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I think I’ll be having a third if an East Anglian early crest example appears in the second batch. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Bloody good show !

23F99A6D00000578-0-image-m-35_1418311698830.jpg.bcaf45d08a9a60595880ccf984bc7844.jpg

Very much looking forward to my GER Ultramarine example. 

And yes, as stated before, early crest East Anglian example (s!!!) will be snapped up when released. 

Rob

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, NHY 581 said:

And yes, as stated before, early crest East Anglian example (s!!!) will be snapped up when released

Down to you chaps! Once the first run has sold through we can make a start on the second, which will definitely have a more East Anglian core group, plus a few others besides 😉

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Stunning!  Lovely to see these photographs.  But there is so much detail in these models, that some close up photos would be appreciated!

I’m particularly interested to see the backs of the J68s.  From the undecorated samples you had on your stand at Model Rail Scotland in February, you have captured the grilles over the rear spectacle plates beautifully. Can you give us photos of the backs of decorated LNER 7027/BR 68646, as also of the J67s and 69s?  And any other detailed shots you are happy to share with us!  Please!

John Storey

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

These look fantastic. I won't be ordering (famous last words) as it doesn't fit anything I'm building or plan to build... but 68619 looks amazing (as does the GER ultramarine blue).

Impressive tooling already on display for that range of variations.

Cab and backhead details is exquisite.

Edited by Nova Scotian
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Right.  That’s 68619 preordered in addition to the GER Blue version that I had already preordered.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Islesy said:

Down to you chaps! Once the first run has sold through we can make a start on the second, which will definitely have a more East Anglian core group, plus a few others besides 😉

Top stuff indeed ! 

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Buck Me - Let's Jump For Joy At This Little Stunner

SKUACC2439-2.jpg.69d397555e24f9221b779f507169c43d.jpg

SKUACC24391-2.jpg.cf40263f16cd049190994ea6ad61706b.jpg

Top stuff!

It's good to finally see a manufacturer that knows what the correct shade of blue should be for an ex-works GER loco! Well done to all involved. Can't wait for mine!

- James

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon Paul & Fran,

These look absolutely gorgeous!

Can I pre-order a run 2 East Anglian loco or two now please?

go on,go on, go on..... 😀

Cheers, Nigel.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Well done chaps.

When I was working in QA I would be presented with samples, and the tool maker would tell me that he wanted to know the accuracy of the dimensions, but he would not do the last bit of polishing until I was happy with the basics. I have never come across a maker of model trains who has bothered to mention such a detail of production. Being concerned with a detail like that does give confidence.

Bernard

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, Bernard Lamb said:

Well done chaps.

When I was working in QA I would be presented with samples, and the tool maker would tell me that he wanted to know the accuracy of the dimensions, but he would not do the last bit of polishing until I was happy with the basics. I have never come across a maker of model trains who has bothered to mention such a detail of production. Being concerned with a detail like that does give confidence.

Bernard

Hi @Bernard Lamb,

Many thanks for your kind words. We always try to be as open as we can about the whole production process as it in itself is indeed fascinating and we also want modellers to know exactly what goes into the production of a model from beginning to end. You would be amazed by the amount of modellers who think we simply send the CAD to the factory, it is then loaded into a machine and a fully finished model just pops out at the other end. We think it's important to inform and indeed celebrate the toolmakers, the CAD engineers, the assembly workers and QC workers among others who we consider a part of our team and who make these marvels in miniature possible.

Cheers!

Fran  

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Those extra shots are superb @Accurascale Fran. Thanks for the openness. Totally agree that the blackening isn't quite enough and you are right to go with some paint to really elevate these.

The examples with etched plates will be fantastic. Just want Locomotion to release some images of their example now to really help me to decide between the two.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi John,

Since you asked so politely, I will add these shots too and hope @AY Mod doesnt shoot me for filling up his servers!

[photos]

Cheers!

Fran 

Ah, wonderful shots, showing that detail in all its glory!   Thank you very much for posting these extra photographs, Fran.

John Storey

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

You would be amazed by the amount of modellers who think we simply send the CAD to the factory, it is then loaded into a machine and a fully finished model just pops out at the other end.

You mean you don't and it doesn't?  Blimey.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

Hi @Bernard Lamb,

Many thanks for your kind words. We always try to be as open as we can about the whole production process as it in itself is indeed fascinating and we also want modellers to know exactly what goes into the production of a model from beginning to end. You would be amazed by the amount of modellers who think we simply send the CAD to the factory, it is then loaded into a machine and a fully finished model just pops out at the other end. We think it's important to inform and indeed celebrate the toolmakers, the CAD engineers, the assembly workers and QC workers among others who we consider a part of our team and who make these marvels in miniature possible.

Cheers!

Fran  

It would make a good film.  But I suppose you have to be careful not to show the competition what they're doing wrong!.

• Funny 1

These look absolutely fantastic, well worth the wait, well done to AS, and I hope pre-orders increase now the samples have been revealed! I’m rather pleased with the delay to Q4 as it means Santa is likely to bring me my 68619 with sound rather than coming out of my modelling budget. 😇

I would also second my excitement for some run-of-the-mill black East Anglian machines, some more of my dosh will definitely be heading AS’ way. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Accurascale staff

Hi folks,

Just to outline that the full suite of alternative destination boards will only be included in the locomotives that require them as per the listing below;

- ACC2434 - BR Black 68535: No plates supplied (Being Scottish, and no brackets fitted at front)

- ACC2431 LNER Black 7027: No plates supplied (shunting engine, not required)

- ACC2429 BR Dark Blue 68619: Full set of Late LNER/BR spec plates, with destinations in yellow

- ACC2428 BR Black 68646:  Full set of Late LNER/BR spec plates, with destinations in yellow

- ACC2427 L&NER Lined Black 359: Full set of GER/LNER spec plates, with destinations in white

- ACC2426 GER Ultramarine Blue 84: Full set of GER/LNER spec plates, with destinations in white

- ACC2430 NRM Special Edition: Palace Gates/Blank plates in white only, as per preserved prototype.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2