Problems posting from Samsun Galaxy Tab 8

• RMweb Premium

I was recently daft enough to leave my old A6 tablet on a Sleazyjet pane.  Surprise surprise it hasn't been found so I've had to buy a new one which is a Tab8.   It works fine on everything else but on the site the formatting of posts goes haywire and the keypad does many strange things such as shutting down in half a second.  Posts can take me 40 minutes to make especially if I use quotes or try to embed links.  Also when I save a post many spare blank lines will be added to the post.   All other sites it works normally.   Any suggestions would be appreciated as my laptop is noisy and annoys the boss.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I was recently daft enough to leave my old A6 tablet on a Sleazyjet pane.  Surprise surprise it hasn't been found so I've had to buy a new one which is a Tab8.   It works fine on everything else but on the site the formatting of posts goes haywire and the keypad does many strange things such as shutting down in half a second.  Posts can take me 40 minutes to make especially if I use quotes or try to embed links.  Also when I save a post many spare blank lines will be added to the post.   All other sites it works normally.   Any suggestions would be appreciated as my laptop is noisy and annoys the boss.

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

The above Piston is an example. As soon as I embedded the quote the keypad shut down and all the text was selected. IIf tapped where I wanted to start typing the keypad appeared but then shut down,

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

I've Houston tried to post a reply, without quotes on the HS2 thread. The box shows text from a post from last night that won't clear. I couldn't edit it either. When I tried to exit the page froze then the tab crashed.

Ja

things are going haywire on here now

mie

Ps 

Edited by jamie92208

• Administrators
17 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Piston

18 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Houston

Euston, we have a problem.

Although I know some have slow loading and blank page issues I've not heard of anything so extreme.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, jamie92208 said:

Thanks Andy.

Jamie. I have noticed thatI go back and try to add a PS or something like that that thevproblems start at that point

Jamieif 

It shouldn't be an issue but I'm wondering if there could be an issue with the native keyboard app. It may be worth trying SwiftKey or similar to see if there's any difference in behaviour.

• 2 weeks later...