Class 66, By Accurascale

10 hours ago, classy52 said:

Just tonight I put 66004 on the test track after not using it for a few weeks and sound/lights come on but doesn't move in either direction or switch ends.

Going to take the sound decoder out of one of my other 66's to see if that works as it may just hopefully be the decoder, either way a support ticket coming Accurascale's way.

Edit: Yep sound decoder in 66004 is faulty, had the same issue in 66167 when I put it into that one and just to make sure put the decoder from 66167 into 66004 and loco worked fine...easier to send the decoder back rather than the whole loco.

One of the functions isolates the loco, whilst still allowing the sounds, did you turn off all functions before testing?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 89A said:

My 66171 also has the same problem after less than 2 hours running.

That could become quite a problem for Accurascale and the lifetime warranty...... My 66001 is on its way from the Netherlands to Dublin today, at my risk (now just hope it doesn't get lost) and my own expense. I won't get the shipping costs back until I buy something new from Accurascale.......

• Friendly/supportive 1

12 hours ago, classy52 said:

Just tonight I put 66004 on the test track after not using it for a few weeks and sound/lights come on but doesn't move in either direction or switch ends.

Going to take the sound decoder out of one of my other 66's to see if that works as it may just hopefully be the decoder, either way a support ticket coming Accurascale's way.

Edit: Yep sound decoder in 66004 is faulty, had the same issue in 66167 when I put it into that one and just to make sure put the decoder from 66167 into 66004 and loco worked fine...easier to send the decoder back rather than the whole loco.

Hope that is an option Accurascale will go along with.

• Accurascale staff
32 minutes ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

That could become quite a problem for Accurascale and the lifetime warranty.

Hi @Dutch-Traindriver,

It is exactly why we have a lifetime warranty; to ensure your model always performs as it should! 

As stated previously, the return rate of the 66 has been next to nothing, indeed our lowest yet to date looking at timeline post release (well, neck and neck with Manor and A Class!). A swallow does not make a summer. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• Accurascale staff
Just now, 89A said:

Hope that is an option Accurascale will go along with.

Hi @89A,

In this situation we do, and the ESU warranty on the decoder covers it for us. Easiest all round :)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, toolongtoremember said:

One of the functions isolates the loco, whilst still allowing the sounds, did you turn off all functions before testing?

Yes all functions are off, I have a Lokprogrammer thus can see all the functions easily and also have an ESU decoder tester and same issues.

First time I've come across a faulty decoder that stops forward/reverse switching and driving at the same time, anyway support call being dealt with already and Simon has requested to have the decoder sent back thus all good.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, classy52 said:

Just tonight I put 66004 on the test track after not using it for a few weeks

thats what happened to my 66004,  tho it did move but it slow down then shoot off then slow down or stop etc but its back with AS support team, 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Accurascale staff
13 hours ago, puffmeister-general said:

Hi @Accurascale Fran is there a time and promotional video / YouTube stream for tomorrow’s announcements or where is best to see the announcements tomorrow apart from here or the Accurascale website?

Hi @puffmeister-general,

No video but we will have a post on here, on our Facebook page, a news blog on our website and an email mailshot ahead of it, all going out around 10am.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Nice selection of everyday liveries in addition to the GBRf large logo - obviously I'll be tempted by at least one of the exclusive models in addition to this mornings purchase!  

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi folks,

Run 2 unveiled right here: 

Cheers!

Fran 

Great stuff young man, just need the but wait there’s more of the exclusive models now, here’s  to 66789 doing well with there been a few of the Hattons ones about, well done and hope alls well matey.

• Thanks 1

• Accurascale staff
11 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Great stuff young man, just need the but wait there’s more of the exclusive models now, here’s  to 66789 doing well with there been a few of the Hattons ones about, well done and hope alls well matey.

Cheers Eric, 789 leading the way in sales so far, direct anyway! 

Tea time, me thinks.... Hope you are good too?

Exclusive next week!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Great batch of liveries although I was hoping for the original DRS compass livery. Didn’t stop me ordering them though and brilliant to see the Fastline livery which is always a favourite. I do hope Cavalex brings out the 56 in that one also.

Is that 66793 hiding in plain sight on the promotional photo? 🤔

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

Contacted a few times about the faulty locomotive and shipping it. Very good service from Accurascale customer service, really a personal reply within minutes every time. Where would we be without the internet.......

...... The 1980's?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2

I am in Australia and Accurascale have been fantastic with after sales service. Two issues have been dealt with quickly including covering the return postage. They are the best in the business.

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Out of curiosity, how long do repairs normally take when a loco is sent back? Currently have 2 models with the AS workshop with lighting issues on DCC and was wondering if anyone knows an approximate time frame before I drop a quick check up with support. Granted they’ve only been with the team for 2 weeks but unfortunately it was my 2 favourite livery’s from batch 1! 

1 hour ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Out of curiosity, how long do repairs normally take when a loco is sent back? Currently have 2 models with the AS workshop with lighting issues on DCC and was wondering if anyone knows an approximate time frame before I drop a quick check up with support. Granted they’ve only been with the team for 2 weeks but unfortunately it was my 2 favourite livery’s from batch 1! 

Minimum 4- 6 weeks.

• Thanks 1