Class 66, By Accurascale

59 minutes ago, McC said:

Not technically true, as posted earlier the components on the loksound changed during the period and tolerances changed as a result. The original speakers work perfectly well

as configured with the ‘matching’ loksounds but the new version works better with the 8ohm. 

I’m sure that wasn’t what the early loksound 5 manuals said… 

• Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
2 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

I’m sure that wasn’t what the early loksound 5 manuals said… 

I’m confirming the actual information frrom the horses mouth and why the ESU specification changed following component changes (and subsequent firmware updates from ESU for those loksounds) rather than perpetuating any misinformation :)  Thise changes are why some 30k locos are running great with the original specification and why we now use an updated specification. All of which have been designed and specified by ESU themselves. 👍👍

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

I might have set of Hattons ones going spare if you are in need of a set 

Hi there,

Sent you a PM

• Accurascale staff
22 minutes ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

has there been an update on the non-sound DCC decoders yet? had them on order for what feels like a while now and still nothing. 

Started shipping earlier. If you’ve not heard in the next 24 hours do drop a line to support to check 

• Thanks 1

Hello All,

I may well have missed it somewhere on this excellent and informative forum or elsewhere but, when in ther future is the 2nd run of these Accurascale Class 66 models likely to happen.

May I thank anyone in advance who replies to my query. Thank you.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, RailHawk216 said:

Hello All,

I may well have missed it somewhere on this excellent and informative forum or elsewhere but, when in ther future is the 2nd run of these Accurascale Class 66 models likely to happen.

May I thank anyone in advance who replies to my query. Thank you.

The word on the street is soon, it’s @Steve Purves baby so I guess he can SHED some light on when more ying will be on the horizon 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The word on the street is soon, it’s @Steve Purves baby so I guess he can SHED some light on when more ying will be on the horizon 

I think there may be something on the horizon... Its safe to say though, it will be a colourful summer!

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

19 hours ago, McC said:

Started shipping earlier. If you’ve not heard in the next 24 hours do drop a line to support to check 

Just had the notification that they are on the way! Will get the fitted right away and finally enjoy the cab and night lights too!

• Like 1

Anyone else having rough riding over pointework? One bogie on 779 is especially rattly over insulfrog, and I have a suspicion that the weight is concentrated on the centre driving wheel with the front and rear not really doing much (i.e. re-manifestation of Bachmann Banana bogie that affected the previous iteration of 37s and 47s). On straight track the bogie can definately be rocked up an down pivoting on the centre axle

Before I contact AS, is this a common problem or something that should be sortable with a replacement bogie?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

27 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Anyone else having rough riding over pointework? One bogie on 779 is especially rattly over insulfrog, and I have a suspicion that the weight is concentrated on the centre driving wheel with the front and rear not really doing much (i.e. re-manifestation of Bachmann Banana bogie that affected the previous iteration of 37s and 47s). On straight track the bogie can definately be rocked up an down pivoting on the centre axle

Before I contact AS, is this a common problem or something that should be sortable with a replacement bogie?

Set the loco on a piece of glass / mirror and see if they are true or not first. 

• Agree 5

• RMweb Gold

Heads up - 6x 66004 Climate hero with sound on the accurascale website if anyone is interested and quick. I already have one so not for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 31/07/2024 at 10:44, Fredo said:

Hi, a model of 66306-312 with maybe the recently repainted 66301 would be good. Thanks Fred

66301 - St Peters

Now a golden box would be rather special for this one!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear, I’m too easily influenced, saw Climate Hero go around Making Tracks at Chester Cathedral - thought it looked nice, so went to Chester Model Centre and they had one. One impulse purchase later and I now have 4 class 66’s

IMG_5833.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, StuAllen said:

Oh dear, I’m too easily influenced, saw Climate Hero go around Making Tracks at Chester Cathedral - thought it looked nice, so went to Chester Model Centre and they had one. One impulse purchase later and I now have 4 class 66’s

IMG_5833.jpeg

What was it pulling ?

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, classy52 said:

They look like the Bachmann Green DB HRA's.

Pity there's only one real one in green.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

1 minute ago, newbryford said:

Pity there's only one real one in green.

That's what I was thinking, plus Bachmann do a discount on a bundle of 4. Has the wagon ever been in service in that livery, not seen any pictures of it.

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Shaun66 said:

That's what I was thinking, plus Bachmann do a discount on a bundle of 4. Has the wagon ever been in service in that livery, not seen any pictures of it.

Yes, it went past me at Acton this evening about 18.00. Think it came in from Hayes.

Here's a Flickr link to it at Mountsorrel in service.

https://flic.kr/p/2pHiLUh

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 3