Class 66, By Accurascale

15 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I wonder what this means for other 'Hattons Originals'?

It'd be nice if Accurascale could also acquire the warwell tooling from Hattons. The modern version just needs a few tweaks (end floor plates over buffers etc) then it'd be perfect to run behind a 66.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
Just now, scottrains29 said:

It'd be nice if Accurascale could also acquire the warwell tooling from Hattons. The modern version just needs a few tweaks (end floor plates over buffers etc) then it'd be perfect to run behind a 66.

I was going to put the same thing too! 

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I already have a Hatton 66 with loose axle boxes!

I have no need to upgrade to the AS version but I bought a DC ready one & added DCC sound (there was a sale on) Fitting it was a nightmare! Steps, bit & bobs got in the way & bent. Then fitting the chip was OK but I had to get an expert to solder on the speaker due to micro weld points 1mm apart, so well above my skill levels!!

I hope AS have well & truly fixed the Hattons issue. It was my best loco until I got an AS model able to haul 40 wagons only matched by AS products.

Edited by reddragon
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It's been a good few days for types fives. 

My initial reaction was why not class 08/09 there's loads of detail differences that's surely right up Accurascales street. 

But then I read that they have worked with Hattons and the tooling has found further use, so that's a positive. 

Also theres nothing for me in the first batch that takes my fancy, phew wallet breathes a sigh of relief. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

I’m sure there is a healthy market for spare bogie sales for previous owners who have a wobbly runner or axle box issues with their Hattons 66. 

That's a good idea, assuming they're intercompatible.

There's one problem - the doors don't open!!  🙃

Al.

3 hours ago, PjKing1 said:

I asked the same question before but no replies yet 🤞🏼

Paul

Well the hattons one is straightforward to convert to EM using branchline 14mm wheels if you're happy to lose the rotating axle boxes. I was quite happy to do that as the axle boxes on mine looked weird on curves and wobbled as the drilled holes weren't central. I'll look into the Accurascale solution the this with interest but in any case without the rotating axle boxes it's a nice runner.

• RMweb Gold

The final class 66 built, 66779, was painted in a special British Railways green livery, mirroring that of the last British Railways steam locomotive built, Evening Star. 66779 was named to match its coal burning counterpart at the National Railway Museum on the 10th of May, 2016 bringing the curtain down on class 66 production worldwide

Not quite true… The story has continued..

https://www.railpictures.net/photo/798622/

Its also sitting on a redesigned bogie.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

It’s approaching 1700 on Friday, how about we  give the accura boys the weekend off , before more of the “ will you be …?” , “ can you ….”, will it …”.

Must be a pub open somewhere 

Your kidding me arent you…

i’m heading to Euston shortly to take the sleeper up to Glasgow tomorrow and torture, torment, beg, steal, borrow, bribe, arm twist, plain just get on my hands and knees and wail hopelessly at them to convince them why Electrostar is a good idea at Model Rail Scotland tomorrow…

i might even resort to nicking a 377 from Selhurst and push it up there and park it infront of them, and push button, beeping noise, open / close the unit doors all day long.

its a late finish too.. 6pm!

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

It's getting concerning how easily, and frequently you guys manage to reach into my current account and help yourselves lately.

If you're managing to knock out top quality products for 170 quid whilst still clearly investing in further developments AND turn a decent profit to make it all worthwhile, then more power to you.

But if you wouldn't mind cracking on with a couple more kettles, or something else I personally am less likely to buy for the time being, that would also be lovely.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 5

Looking fwd to when the pink One locomotive and the orange and black Freightliner are on sale. Probably not the most popular liveries, with most people, but they are with me as I have the Hatton's examples.  May even pull the trigger on an EWS one too as I have a Lima EWS 66.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scottrains29 said:

And new bogies. 

1 hour ago, scottrains29 said:

Definitely, the MODA prefixed warwells do need some work to bring them up to modern spec.
With the Bachmann JJA’s fetching £100 a pop, I could add the JJA/HQA as another suitable and high in demand contender as a 66 hauled wagon. Though for now I’m grateful that the Hatton’s toolings haven’t all been a one hit wonder. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Its also sitting on a redesigned bogie.

Looks a bit 59 with the shocks over the axle ends,these are for Egypt if i remember correct,they are sceen on Virtual Railfan grab bags from a few months ago so still being churned out.

Evening Star has to be an Accurascale exclusives,cough cough.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Very happy with this announcement! Already have a solitary EWS Hattons example, so I'm sure to order a Freightliner one to replace my Bachmann one. A Freightliner/Shanks one would be great too!

The same, but better. I like it. 

• Like 4

Just wanted to say thanks Accurascale for this latest announcement!

Would be interesting to know just how many pre-orders you’ve had already for the first batch today although I appreciate this may be commercially sensitive information. Judging by the number of other (multiple) purchases being made which were appearing at the bottom of the screen when I was ordering a DRS one it must be quite a few!

Its a shame that some of the commenters here don’t appreciate that  those of us who do want/appreciate a very accurate product (ruling out the Hornby version) also need more liveries seen on the real railway than Bachmann seem to be able to keep up with or want to supply the market with.

So looking forward to what is to come. I’m not going to be buying huge fleets of 66s myself but there are many one off celebrity 66s as well as “standard” livery prototypes I would like to add to my fleet if and when they become available. If Accurascale do keep up with the livery developments on the real thing and release a few different ones each year then then I’m sure they will keep selling well!

Especially with the tooling for the former euro 66s.

The fact that the many issues with the Hattons version have been addressed, and the other improvements are going to encourage sales.

Great price point too, even better because I used some of my reward points towards it 👍

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Add text
  • Like 4