Class 66, By Accurascale

2 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I would say Royal Scotsman 66s would be a bad idea. Yes they had lighting issues, but the same issues didn’t stop other liveries selling out long before the Scotsman version. 

Even when 66746 appears on ebay, it tends to be one of the cheaper versions. 

66s have worn so many liveries that are yet to be modelled, why do such a risky version?

Roy

I would tend to agree. I have both 66s so wouldn't want one personally but if someone were to tool up a realistic Royal Scotsman pullman, with accurate interiors, all modifications including end veranda, at a realistic price, I'm sure there would be huge demand for the corresponding 66s again and also class 37s to represent the earlier formations.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I would say Royal Scotsman 66s would be a bad idea. Yes they had lighting issues, but the same issues didn’t stop other liveries selling out long before the Scotsman version. 

Even when 66746 appears on ebay, it tends to be one of the cheaper versions. 

66s have worn so many liveries that are yet to be modelled, why do such a risky version?

Roy

I don't model past around 1994 but if the Scotsman pair were to be done by AS I'd be ordering them

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I don't model past around 1994 but if the Scotsman pair were to be done by AS I'd be ordering them

I am sure there are be quite a few people who would buy one, but enough to make it viable? That is another matter.

Roy

If I was making suggestions for liveries:

EWS 66, near new. 
EWS 66 faded
DB large logo
66506 Crewe Regeneration with the Railtrack branding instead of Freightliner on the cab. (Instant froth)
Faded class 66/5 Freightliner
GBRf 66 with the livery as blue and yellow in place of orange. Something like 66719 or 66740's ish that just had a yellow tone paint used instead of orange. 

GBRf Grey 66748
GBRf 66769 in Prostrate Cancer livery
GBRf 66793 Railfreight trainload
GBRf 66794 Railfreight trainload
GBRf 66/7 as now. 

66/6 in Freightliner

66434 in Fastline (ticks DRS and Fastline)
66/4 in simple DRS
and obviously 66734 no. 2. 

Edited by The Black Hat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, McC said:

There is lots of footage of it running with wagons in the launch video

Hi @McC and @Accurascale Fran I'm pleased that accurascale have taken over the tooling for the 66 from hattons. Its strange that even though its the tooling for the hattons 66 it looks like a different loco all together as it looks more refined. The changes you have made are perfect to make this the ultimate 66 it was going to be from the start. I'm glad to hear that the euro 66s will be with us at some point abd I'd definitely be in the market for 66748 in grey to use with the accurascale biomass Wagons and the other euro variants we have running around. A question about 66004 if you don't mind. Will the model have the newer style LED lights like shoey has shown in the photo a few posts up. The reason i ask is that the tail and marker lights LED looks to be about the same size as the day and night headlights on either side but the artwork shows the markers to be smaller then the headlights. And will we also be able to have all 4 lights on at once now as seen on the real locos that have had the lighting upgrade?

Thanks once again for giving the 66 a new home. Looking forward to seeing what other liveries you anncounce in the future.

Regards Gary 

• Accurascale staff
32 minutes ago, gary_lner said:

Hi @McC and @Accurascale Fran I'm pleased that accurascale have taken over the tooling for the 66 from hattons. Its strange that even though its the tooling for the hattons 66 it looks like a different loco all together as it looks more refined. The changes you have made are perfect to make this the ultimate 66 it was going to be from the start. I'm glad to hear that the euro 66s will be with us at some point abd I'd definitely be in the market for 66748 in grey to use with the accurascale biomass Wagons and the other euro variants we have running around. A question about 66004 if you don't mind. Will the model have the newer style LED lights like shoey has shown in the photo a few posts up. The reason i ask is that the tail and marker lights LED looks to be about the same size as the day and night headlights on either side but the artwork shows the markers to be smaller then the headlights. And will we also be able to have all 4 lights on at once now as seen on the real locos that have had the lighting upgrade?

Thanks once again for giving the 66 a new home. Looking forward to seeing what other liveries you anncounce in the future.

Regards Gary 

Thanks Gary, yes the model has an all new PCB and lighting rig, with new LEDs, etc. We'll have detailed videos of the functionality in the coming weeks :)

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 minutes ago, McC said:

Thanks Gary, yes the model has an all new PCB and lighting rig, with new LEDs, etc. We'll have detailed videos of the functionality in the coming weeks :)

Hi Mcc thanks for getting back to me. That sounds great I look forward to the video in the coming weeks. And hopefully seeing the model at Ally pally if accurascale are attending.

Regards Gary 

• Friendly/supportive 1

Well guys. 
i have to say that im absolutely delighted at the introduction of the Class 66. Particularly so in relation to the tooling being taken from Hattons and receiving the required modifications and upgrades that it required to bring it up to AS standards. 

im really looking forward to the release of more of these and whilst there isnt anything in this first batch for me, im hoping for an 'exclusive set' to pop up with perhaps the dual 'Freightliner/Shanks' livery. Ah well, we can all live in hope. 

well done to the team for yet another stunning success story. 

meanwhile.......i await the arrival of the 37's and 31's. ......aahhhhhhhh👍👍

Edited by Krieghoff
Typo
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NickL2008 said:

Just a few wagons

If you model the current scene, I got this rather interesting consist yesterday behind 66846 at Worting junction heading to Eastleigh, not sure who makes the Network rail flat?

NL

Nice looking bridge at this 'flyover'.

Found this video includes a few 66's thanks to 'Trains, Boats, Planes'

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

This is a great announcement. I own one of the Hatton's examples (the pink one!) and until recently it was the best loco I own (then I bought a '92...)

I'm definitely tempted by the "Climate Hero" one, and may I be the first to suggest the London Transport (66721) themed one? I appreciate Bachmann did one but they were super limited from memory!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

While out on track at Virginia Water today 66750 pulled in. Would be a good choice, just looks more aggressive. 
After that, 66179 came through on a rake of blue boxes. Another good choice, still with it’s tell tales from its French adventure. 

Edited by Ncarter2
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, McC said:

There is lots of footage of it running with wagons in the launch video

Thank you for that, it’s greatly appreciated. 

Can we see a video with a 66 in a consist with other 66s, running around corners, moving in the backwards direction etc, so we can see the play and movement in the couplings and if the coupling still has any droop when attached to other locos and reversing? 

I would like to see this before committing to pre-ordering no doubt many models from the initial batch and future batches, and I may sell some of my old models now in order to upgrade them. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Accurascale staff
3 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Thank you for that, it’s greatly appreciated. 

Can we see a video with a 66 in a consist with other 66s, running around corners, moving in the backwards direction etc, so we can see the play and movement in the couplings and if the coupling still has any droop when attached to other locos and reversing? 

I would like to see this before committing to pre-ordering no doubt many models from the initial batch and future batches, and I may sell some of my old models now in order to upgrade them. 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

The entire coupling system has been rebuilt to match our other stock and locos so there is no droop and if you have a 92, 55 or irish A class you can see the same system in place. 

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NickL2008 said:

Just a few wagons

If you model the current scene, I got this rather interesting consist yesterday behind 66846 at Worting junction heading to Eastleigh, not sure who makes the Network rail flat?

NL

Don't Hattons do the wagon and track panel module?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, McC said:

The entire coupling system has been rebuilt to match our other stock and locos so there is no droop and if you have a 92, 55 or irish A class you can see the same system in place. 

So there isn’t too much play in the movement of the couplings and they don’t droop? 

I don’t have the A Class, 55 or 92 but I do have some 37s on order with you. 

I’m assuming the 66 will go through testing too to ensure that it doesn’t derail wagons and other locos when coupled up and when reversing etc? 

The reason I mention it is because this was an issue with the original Hattons batch and I just want to be sure you have made the appropriate modifications to ensure these issues aren’t present on your model. I also want to mention it so that you are aware of the issues when it comes to testing the 66. 

Obviously I’m not undermining your knowledge or competence with the 66 it’s just that in the announcement video and the specification in relation to modifications/upgrades made to the model the coupling mechanism upgrade wasn’t mentioned, so I just wanted to mention it to ensure modifications had been made and to keep an eye on the model in this area when testing it, to ensure any issues/snags are ironed out before the first batch are put into production. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission
To add additional information

• Accurascale staff
5 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

The Freightliner /Shanks livery is a must. Id mentioned this previously. lets hope someone is listening 😁👍

We're always listening ;) 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2