Class 66, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone, 

Further to @adb968008's daughters photos above, this is how 66415 operates in day and night, so there is no separate "day mode" and "night mode" as per other 66s. 

Some customers reported that we have not included this for this particular loco, but we are just following the prototype configuration for it.

Cheers!

Fran

the night mode would have the headlights brighter than in day mode. I was hoping to use the dimmer logical function to dim the headlights for day mode but it doesn’t appear to work on those lights. It works on the markers and I can dim all of them manually by changing the function cv brightness but obviously you cannot do that on the fly!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, LMSfan72 said:

the night mode would have the headlights brighter than in day mode. I was hoping to use the dimmer logical function to dim the headlights for day mode but it doesn’t appear to work on those lights. It works on the markers and I can dim all of them manually by changing the function cv brightness but obviously you cannot do that on the fly!

OK. Numpty award for me. I completely missed the "enable dimmer" option on the function output!!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone, 

Further to @adb968008's daughters photos above, this is how 66415 operates in day and night, so there is no separate "day mode" and "night mode" as per other 66s. 

Some customers reported that we have not included this for this particular loco, but we are just following the prototype configuration for it.

Cheers!

Fran

I am assuming that "Climate Hero" is the same. The factory sound fitted one turns the headlights off when Night Lights are selected so my next job will be to make the headlights dim on day mode and be on full in night mode....

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Just when you think you understand eBay…..

1p auction with no reserve, as usual, sells Monday to a non-paying bidder for £370.

Immediately relist and it sells today for £270, yet there is a loco 2 numbers apart on the certificate that has 2 days left and is at £370 😂

In a way I’m glad someone got it for a more realistic price, but a difference of £100 is crazy. Just goes to show, eBay is still the luck of the draw.

IMG_7774.jpeg

Noticed 66779 from a seller on eBay for £475 today with no indication as to whether it was dcc/sound fitted or not!

• RMweb Premium

Dimmed headlights are used at night, full brightness at day time.

The full beam gives greater contrast against daylight to people working around the track. Dipped stops us dazzling other drivers at night.

Some people just drive on full all the time...

Jo

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Steadfast said:

guilty as charged! (Unless there is a lot of other railway traffic about) 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Dimmed headlights are used at night, full brightness at day time.

The full beam gives greater contrast against daylight to people working around the track. Dipped stops us dazzling other drivers at night.

Jo

Ha, ok, easy change! Thanks for that

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, big jim said:

guilty as charged! (Unless there is a lot of other railway traffic about) 

66 on full floodlights mode is nothing compared to an IET especially when you're in the middle of nowhere on the B&H and it's really dark

Jo

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Steadfast said:

66 on full floodlights mode is nothing compared to an IET especially when you're in the middle of nowhere on the B&H and it's really dark

Jo

Must admit the 805 headlights on full beam are pretty damn good! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d46037 said:

1p auction with no reserve, as usual, sells Monday to a non-paying bidder for £370.

Probably the sellers second account being used to bump up the numbers. The place is full of grifters.

1 hour ago, derekdoestrains said:

when you get round to them, be the same for the two GWR 150’s which were setup to follow the latest standards when upgraded.

I am led to believe the Class 185s have also had their headlight configuration changed over the last couple of years or so.  Rather than have original headlight/marker day and night configurations, they now have both headlights on with dipped and full beam options.

48 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

45 minutes ago, big jim said:

Must admit the 805 headlights on full beam are pretty damn good! 

I remember one dark night when I was driving in the middle on nowhere on perfectly straight track, I could see the oncoming Class 80x about two or three miles ahead lighting everything up!  Now that's what I call bright headlights!

Edited by Sweetling Park

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, classy52 said:

KMRC have Accurascale Class 66's in stock either DCC Ready or DCC Sound but you better hurry!

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/search_suggest

that link doesn’t appear to go anywhere now!

Also I notice @Trains4U posted an update on their shop thread showing some pics of the rearranged cabinets and there look to be a few 66s in there including 66004 eco livery 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

10 hours ago, classy52 said:

KMRC have Accurascale Class 66's in stock either DCC Ready or DCC Sound but you better hurry!

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/search_suggest

6 hours ago, big jim said:

I've had a quick look this morning and this link should work.  You will just need to click/tap on "Accurascale" on the filters so it narrows it down.  At the time of writing they had 14 left across all current Class 66 models.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Sweetling Park
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Sweetling Park said:

I've had a quick look this morning and this link should work.  You will just need to click/tap on "Accurascale" on the filters so it narrows it down.  At the time of writing they had 14 left across all current models.

yeah that’s got it, even clicking accurascale last night didn’t bring anything up 

• Like 1

• Accurascale staff
8 minutes ago, big jim said:

yeah that’s got it, even clicking accurascale last night didn’t bring anything up 

Probably sold out but worth checking with them. 66 has been even faster seller than the 37 which was the fastest selling model of last year! Thank you all for your support!

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, big jim said:

Also I notice @Trains4U posted an update on their shop thread showing some pics of the rearranged cabinets and there look to be a few 66s in there including 66004 eco livery 

Sorry about that, was trying to be clever and provide a direct link to the Accurascale Class 66 on the KMRC website but for some reason doesn't work for anyone else.

They still have a few in stock.

Edited by classy52

1 hour ago, McC said:

Probably sold out but worth checking with them. 66 has been even faster seller than the 37 which was the fastest selling model of last year! Thank you all for your support!

Accurascale have the license to print money now with these 66's, really not sure how a competitor could top it and still charge the same price.

Thank you for a class leading model despite my moans 🙂...I think we're all searching for perfection, human nature.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks for the Kernow link, I've just ordered a sound fitted one, my first sound fitted loco. I wouldn't normally justify the cost but an unexpected weekend of overtime last week meant I could treat myself. 

I normally miss out on these sort of products as I won't buy something until I've seen multiple independent reviews. Usually by then there all sold out!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1