Class 66, By Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, classy52 said:

I wouldn't mind GBRf 66747 "Made In Sheffield" in Newell & Wright livery and I think we need some Colas Rail Freight variants 

Yes that is a good livery to have a high spec one of and the euro imports would be nice

the Railfreight pair would be good, plenty to go at, it’s paying for them that will get harder the more that appears, what’s the organ market like at the moment…:)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

There is some mods to the ends/ pipes though..

IMG_9240.jpeg.23e8a0470b540cb4bfa9d1009bbc19c6.jpeg

Interesting mod, ta for sharing. The style of sand pipe bracket (the bit fitted to the first and last axlebox surrounds) fitted to the 004 model covers 66001 - 66144 and 66501 - 505, the sort of angled L shape made of box section. All other 66s have the straight angled style.

The lifeguard with the square holes was introduced on the low emission locos, prototypes 951 and 952 didn’t thought, I think it came in with the production low emission machines, which I believe 718 was the first from memory.

Obviously since then bogie swaps have happened  so locos may not currently have what they were built with.

Jo

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Interesting mod, ta for sharing. The style of sand pipe bracket (the bit fitted to the first and last axlebox surrounds) fitted to the 004 model covers 66001 - 66144 and 66501 - 505, the sort of angled L shape made of box section. All other 66s have the straight angled style.

The lifeguard with the square holes was introduced on the low emission locos, prototypes 951 and 952 didn’t thought, I think it came in with the production low emission machines, which I believe 718 was the first from memory.

Obviously since then bogie swaps have happened  so locos may not currently have what they were built with.

Jo

Your knowledge and insight of these is pure gold Jo

Thanks  for sharing it as it makes these threads so much better for everyone 

• Agree 3

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Sam loves your 66 👍

image.png.af73cf3b4d3a1a7f1b06de91bec22659.png

Thanks! Seems to be the consensus with the market in general!

In fairness Sam has always given us a fair crack of the whip and we’ve not had anything to complain about regarding his findings. It’s encouraged us to do better and it’s worthy feedback just like any other customer. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Sam loves your 66 👍

image.png.af73cf3b4d3a1a7f1b06de91bec22659.png

Some people are quick to knock Sam's trains but I have found his reviews fair and in depth (once past the box opening!)

• Like 3
  • Agree 7

Just out of interest, if I was able or going to upgrade from Analogue to DCC, would the sound chip be available for my 66779? Only asking as it has the bell sound on the sound profile, and, would the sound chip be avaible for it on the future?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Haverail said:

Some people are quick to knock Sam's trains but I have found his reviews fair and in depth (once past the box opening!)

Me too, he's one of my YouTube favourites.  I can see everything I need to see about a model in his images and where our personal views differ that's fine by me😎

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Last two 66’s 66415/66769 from Accurascale arrived this morning,together with a parcel from Rails with a couple of Cavalex 56’s and a secondhand Hornby Castle. All arrived at same time in four separate boxes.

IMG_3492.jpeg

• Friendly/supportive 1

Just when you think you understand eBay…..

1p auction with no reserve, as usual, sells Monday to a non-paying bidder for £370.

Immediately relist and it sells today for £270, yet there is a loco 2 numbers apart on the certificate that has 2 days left and is at £370 😂

In a way I’m glad someone got it for a more realistic price, but a difference of £100 is crazy. Just goes to show, eBay is still the luck of the draw.

IMG_7774.jpeg

I think im just about to give in and replace my Hattons 66. Just a quick question, does anyone know if the mirrors are glued on or are held on with tabs/pips? Will need to backdate it, as missed the initial run

NL

My DRS 66 arrived today. My third model of this class and another fantastic model. 

However, the packaging was very poor indeed. No Accurascale end protectors and the box had been rattling about in the package with no 'air' pocket padding doing its job at all as it had all burst. 

thankfully, the loco is undamaged and whilst this is the first time ive ever had a package like this delivered its worth Accurascale noting that their packing dept just need an eye keeping on them. The thousands of models that are delivered arrive in excellent condition but on this occasion neither the box ends nor padding were present. 

other than that, a superb loco chaps. 

top marks yet again. 

Edited by Krieghoff
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
On 11/06/2024 at 19:04, Shoey said:

As confirmed by others but thought I’d throw this in here too 👍🏻 Accurascale have done well to capture the difference in light cluster designs and lighting arrangements.

IMG_8379.jpeg

I have been fitting a Loksound into my 66415 today. Quite a lot of experimenting with the light. I am customising an ESU sound file to try and use a sound slot to cycle through all the light modes just by repeated presses of F0. It’s still WIP but I have discovered a few things:

AUX11 needs to be on all the time in order for the lights to operate at all

66415 doesn’t have a night function. I am trying to use the “logical” function of the decoder to dim the headlights for day  and not for night. Interestingly I can dime them with CVs but it appears not with the  “logical” function. I can however dim the markers that way!! More research required….

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

My DRS 66 arrived today. My third model of this class and another fantastic model. 

However, the packaging was very poor indeed. No Accurascale end protectors and the box had been rattling about in the package with no 'air' pocket padding doing its job at all as it had all burst. 

thankfully, the loco is undamaged and whilst this is the first time ive ever had a package like this delivered its worth Accurascale noting that their packing dept just need an eye keeping on them. The thousands of models that are delivered arrive in excellent condition but on this occasion neither the box ends nor padding were present. 

other than that, a superb loco chaps. 

top marks yet again. 

Sorry about that. Unfortunately we ran out of end caps due to the surge of locos and hit a snag with the lead time on more. All will be sorted for the 37’s which are mere weeks away now and the 31 likewise. 

• Like 2

Just a follow up on the sound resonating/buzzing issues I've currently got on 4 66's and what others on here & elsewhere are experiencing as well.

I can pretty much confirm the exhaust part fitment on the removable roof panel is causing the buzzing sound and have taken a closer look at this part and taken some photos to show why this is happening, basically the exhaust part has been fixed slightly off-centre within the roof panel recess as you can see circled in red and the result of that causes those latches circled in red to sit slightly higher above the recess, sort of floating, than the latches on the other side circled in green where they are more firmly fixed into the recess and don't move up or down like the ones on the other side causing them to vibrate and buzz.

20240620_214000.jpg

20240620_214309.jpg

20240620_214409.jpg

20240620_214508.jpg

20240620_214529.jpg

These exhaust parts are firmly fixed in thus taking them out is next to impossible thus won't be doing that.

The tolerances are so fine but enough to interfere with the sound, quite happy to just send the roof panels to AS but we'll see how we proceed.

Will email Accurascale with these photo's for a solution.

Edited by classy52
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 17/06/2024 at 22:45, Melton Works said:

The centre pin of the exhaust is pushed and glued into the roof panel. It was tight, but the exhaust brakets were rattling on the roof. Cracked off the glue, put a drop of superglue on 4 corners and centre pin, pushed right down until set. 

Not sure how you did that but looking at my 4 those exhausts are impossible to take off without the possibility of breaking them, but you are right the latches/brackets are vibrating against the panel but it appears to be only on one side where they sit slightly higher due to the exhaust being fitted slightly off centre of the recess as per my post with photos.

• Accurascale staff
7 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Not sure how you did that but looking at my 4 those exhausts are impossible to take off without the possibility of breaking them, but you are right the latches/brackets are vibrating against the panel but it appears to be only on one side where they sit slightly higher due to the exhaust being fitted slightly off centre of the recess as per my post with photos.

Hi Classy. As before we’d welcome you sending us a ticket to take a closer look as we’ve had a sum total of two tickets about vibrations to date so it’s hard to build a case for feedback. Appreciate it!

2 minutes ago, McC said:

Hi Classy. As before we’d welcome you sending us a ticket to take a closer look as we’ve had a sum total of two tickets about vibrations to date so it’s hard to build a case for feedback. Appreciate it!

Yes will do but was just conducting more research into it just to be sure, doing videos as well with the sound so I can upload for AS Support.

Cheers Steve

Edited by classy52
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Accurascale staff
15 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Yes will do but was just conducting more research into it just to be sure, doing videos as well with the sound so I can upload for AS Support.

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve,

No problem at all. We just don’t want you breaking something and possibly voiding your warranty when you can communicate the issue to our team and they can take the risk and investigate in your behalf!

Cheers!

Fran

• Friendly/supportive 1

I was very lucky to be browsing the Accurascale website at the right time just as extra Accurascale exclusives loco 66415 were added for sale. I purchased straight away and today the loco arrived. 

Yet again, a stunning model and feels robust and well built. One thing that really impressed me was the quality of the etched name plates that came with this model. They are exquisite. I usually don’t bother fitting the nameplates to my models, but these are so good, I got out the trusty gorilla Cyanoacrylate super glue and fitted them. They add a real dimension to the model. 

Well done Accurascale! Fabulous work. 

• Like 2

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Steve,

No problem at all. We just don’t want you breaking something and possibly voiding your warranty when you can communicate the issue to our team and they can take the risk and investigate in your behalf!

Cheers!

Fran

No worries Fran, quite happy to just send in the roof panels to be seen to and I'm sure Simon will decide on the best course of action, but I like said it's a such a small thing to cause such a buzz from the sound plus I don't like sending stuff back if I can fix it hence why it's taking me a bit of time to get to this point where I've exhausted the self fix route without voiding the warranty.

Cheers Steve

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

66415 looks good on maroon stock too (4TC)...

All lights on, in daytime

pictures courtesy of my 13 year old, she seems to have a thing for taking nice 66 pictures.

The memory of this gala was 66415’s departure.. it was at line speed before the last coach left the platform, yet barely needed a ying to get going,

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 12
  • Round of applause 1

• Accurascale staff

Hi everyone, 

Further to @adb968008's daughters photos above, this is how 66415 operates in day and night, so there is no separate "day mode" and "night mode" as per other 66s. 

Some customers reported that we have not included this for this particular loco, but we are just following the prototype configuration for it.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 2

Ok my sound resonation issue now logged with AS with photos & videos...lol takes a lot of effort but have to say Accurascale's support infrastructure is the best in the business, so easy to get info to them for analysis.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1