Class 66, By Accurascale

6 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Just put the Californian lottery on................your nearer than us lot.

It's rigged. I buy it whenever it reaches 900 million and I have yet to win. :)

• Funny 2

• Accurascale staff
17 hours ago, zr2498 said:

So, will the Evening Star sound files have bells on it?

Hi @zr2498,

That's certainly the plan!

4 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Would have thought a few of these would have hit the sold out stage by now after all the fretting over the Hattons model and the smaller runs to get them out quicker comment on one of the threads, especially the 66769 as it is for such a good cause.

Hi Eric,

Both sound fitted Climate Hero 66 004 and Evening Star 779 have now sold out, and with the locos in production 75% of the run overall is sold out.

66769 in Prostate Cancer UK livery has sold very well but we still have a bit to go before we hit our £10,000 goal, so if you fancy one get pre-ordering so you can get an awesome loco and help others.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

Not surprising for the green one ,

The prostrate one is a great cause ( and we've had family issues with this too ) , but the livery itself is uninspiring - seems like a vinyl and a nameplate on top of standard GBRf blue 

I’ve ordered a 66779 and 66769 both sound fitted directly, and I’m looking forward to both arriving into stock! I’ve also got another 6 sound fitted examples ordered with my favourite model shop! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I guess the good thing is that if there are SKU's that are super popular you can at least do another run like with D9016 as they are just exclusives rather than limited editions.

• Accurascale staff
19 minutes ago, E100 said:

I guess the good thing is that if there are SKU's that are super popular you can at least do another run like with D9016 as they are just exclusives rather than limited editions.

Generally we don't repeat configurations. A running number may repeat, but it will not be in the same livery as a general rule.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, McC said:

Generally we don't repeat configurations. A running number may repeat, but it will not be in the same livery as a general rule.

Fair enough. I guess D9016 was just that exceptionally popular!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 28/08/2023 at 10:06, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @zr2498,

That's certainly the plan!

Hi Eric,

Both sound fitted Climate Hero 66 004 and Evening Star 779 have now sold out, and with the locos in production 75% of the run overall is sold out.

66769 in Prostate Cancer UK livery has sold very well but we still have a bit to go before we hit our £10,000 goal, so if you fancy one get pre-ordering so you can get an awesome loco and help others.

Cheers!

Fran 

Well, 'Evening Star' ordered, and I have a set of IIA Biomass Hoppers on their way to replicate:

I also have a rake of GBRf HYA and IIA Bogie Hoppers, and would like to keep to the period when the hoppers were primarily used for coal rather than the aggregate, which saw them with modified liveries or mixed with cut downs.

I have found this video:

Looks perfect for 66763 but does not have the named 'Severn Vally Railway'. I'm not sure exactly when the video was recorded, but before the naming in 2016? Or perhaps the named 66763 was still hauling this traffic? Any information would be appreciated, or I might have to remove the name.

Might need to order 66763 soon!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

I had an email this week regarding ordering 66769, just gone on the Accurascale site to order and its sold out, can i assume ive missed out on that one, unless a retailer has some in stock that is?

66769 was a accurascale exclusive so it won't be available from retailers. You can register your interest if one becomes available on the website though.

• Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
4 hours ago, GEARJAMMER said:

I had an email this week regarding ordering 66769, just gone on the Accurascale site to order and its sold out, can i assume ive missed out on that one, unless a retailer has some in stock that is?

We’re thrilled to confirm that the Charity loco has indeed fully sold out in advance. It will be in stock in Q1 next year at which point orders will complete and a few may become available. Do please pop your email in early to go on the waiting list if you wish, a few other SKUs are very close to sold out already at this point too so as always we’d advise not hanging about. Payment isn’t needed to secure your loco. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Well now we have a lifetimes supply of must have 66,s on the horizon we should have a top five pole to help out the next batch of what we would like to see made. I personally think that doing the Hatton ones again so soon is a waste of production time and effort so how about it.......

A Maritime one

66419 to have a correct G&W

66850 so we have a correct Colas

whats your wishlist?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Well now we have a lifetimes supply of must have 66,s on the horizon we should have a top five pole to help out the next batch of what we would like to see made. I personally think that doing the Hatton ones again so soon is a waste of production time and effort so how about it.......

A Maritime one

whats your wishlist?

I'd ideally just love to have a sea of bog standard EWS red examples, anything else just seems an indulgence! 😄

Too new for my modelling era personally but the GBRf 'Metronet' 66s were good lookers too!

Cheers

James

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

My top five in order of preference:

66136 - GB China-London train
66721 - GBRf Harry Beck
66718 - Sir Peter Hendy CBE (original version)
66749 - Unnamed Europorte with Black lights
66749 - as-built Grey (probably too risky)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

A Maritime one

whats your wishlist?

Any of the “new” ex DRS or ex Euro GBRf 663xx series

or

718 (new version)

720 Wascosa 

723 Chinook (GBRf)

744 Crossrail

775 HMSArgyll

but also 

Roberts Road/The Hoosier State/Forest City

I cannot afford them all in one go so just one or two at a time would be ideal!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1