Class 66, By Accurascale

I dunno if it's just me, but one thing that kind of niggles a bit on the original Hattons model is the fact that the cabside handrails always appear a tad overscale (0.4mm - see photo) and might have benefited from being slightly finer - I generally find that 0.3mm looks better?

DRS5

Best

Al

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I've found the paint chips / flakes quite a lot and is quite thick.

Could this be the reason for the overscale handrails?

Al.

Agreed the handrails are overscale …

3F04C8CC-0459-4230-A43A-EF96AA0DA0E3.jpeg.2d6ec2073a3c3417c2fbe88ba2d9fc74.jpeg

the reason I found so many chipped handrails on the Hattons ones, is they are getting chipped by the clear plastic casing they are enclosed in, in the box.

• Agree 1

• Accurascale staff
On 12/06/2023 at 16:19, adb968008 said:

A few of us have been caught out with your website selling out, does this apply here also ?

(Do I need to get my rear in gear ?)

As a general rule you can preorder with a small deposit or no money down in many cases and you can canecel any time you like too. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, McC said:

Relevant quote:

Enhanced features include:

Axle boxes have been redesigned to make them more secure and ensure smooth running (drawing on experience with the IRM A Class). There are still some improvements required here with them currently being a tad too long, but these are currently being further refined. 

Al.

On 14/06/2023 at 08:27, McC said:

As a general rule you can preorder with a small deposit or no money down in many cases and you can canecel any time you like too. 

Having just paid in full for 66001, how many points do you have to save up to get a free locomotive? Also is there a time limit on when the points have to be used? I also just paid in full for one of my class 31 pre-orders, so the points are stacking up. Also can the points be redeemed against an order where only the deposit has been paid?

Edited by PieGuyRob

• Accurascale staff
1 hour ago, PieGuyRob said:

Having just paid in full for 66001, how many points do you have to save up to get a free locomotive? Also is there a time limit on when the points have to be used? I also just paid in full for one of my class 31 pre-orders, so the points are stacking up. Also can the points be redeemed against an order where only the deposit has been paid?

Each point is worth a penny, so 16999 points would pay for a full loco. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, McC said:

Each point is worth a penny, so 16999 points would pay for a full loco. 

Ok, thank you. I have a bit of a way to go yet! Hopefully the clas 40 will be available when I have accumulated enough points!

Edited by PieGuyRob
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

39 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

It's a 3% reward (3 points for every £1 spent), so buy 34 locos and get one free!

1 66 paid.

1 31 paid.

2 55 paying in installments.

1 50 deposit paid.

3 31 deposit paid.

So I have a bit to go yet. I will just have to be patient!

Edited by PieGuyRob

44 minutes ago, Shaun66 said:

So, have just been on the Class 66 page on the Accurascale website and the header photo is of the decorated samples, and it has what looks to be an unannounced version of 66769. 

Do you have a link at all please - I can’t seem to see anything of 66769 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Shaun66 said:

So, have just been on the Class 66 page on the Accurascale website and the header photo is of the decorated samples, and it has what looks to be an unannounced version of 66769. 

Would be a good one to be done, the majority here have or are nuts,or both, so helping the cause with a model would do more good than harm with a donation from sales.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, G-BOAF said:

Trying to pre-order a 66 and it is only giving me option to pay in full now not a deposit. What am I doing wrong?

Click the “Pay when in stock’ preorder button which is the second option. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, McC said:

Click the “Pay when in stock’ preorder button which is the second option. 

Thanks for the pointer. Just reserved Evening Star.

The livery samples look great although the green looks maybe a tad washed out on the body side, but that could be lighting.

Also the TOPS panel should be yellow not GBRF orange. As per here

NRM-Livingston-Thomas-and-No.-66779-Even

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Would be a good one to be done, the majority here have or are nuts,or both, so helping the cause with a model would do more good than harm with a donation from sales.

I did suggest to them about doing 66769 and giving a donation to the charity so hopefully that will happen. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, No Decorum said:

A lovely livery, beautifully applied. Well done, DB, specially considering that the Germans got rid of their King/Kaiser in 1918! 😃

Surprised it wasnt a 67… could have been used on the royal train, unless Charles wants some shed haulage ?

• Funny 1

On 16/06/2023 at 22:27, G-BOAF said:

Thanks for the pointer. Just reserved Evening Star.

The livery samples look great although the green looks maybe a tad washed out on the body side, but that could be lighting.

Also the TOPS panel should be yellow not GBRF orange. As per here

NRM-Livingston-Thomas-and-No.-66779-Even

I couldn't resist a comparison with the photo I took last week! Different end but an interesting workworn appearance,  the datapanel looks very unyellow now

20230614_080341.jpg

Edited by PM47079
Typo
  • Like 4

Thanks to McC for effectively confirming that the rotating axle boxes will continue on the re-introduced, A/S uprated H66.  I'm sure it'll be substantially different, as already described.

I'm just curious what will be done to ensure the AB's remain on the axles.

I've only had one momentary failure on my Dapol 59, with perhaps 12 hours' operation under her belt - replaced without issue and staying put.

Al.

• Like 1