Class 66, By Accurascale

6 hours ago, Sweetling Park said:

I mentioned in an earlier post that out of curiosity I had compiled a list of the various liveries that the Class 66 has worn.  Since following this thread, I have updated the list when other liveries were mentioned and it has now reached 60 different liveries.  I have decided to share the list in case it is of interest to others.  If I have missed any or if there are any errors, then please let me know and I'll happily update the list.

Class 66 liveries.pdf 126.83 kB · 55 downloads

Nice work .

Just think how dull it'd have been if the 66 was the BR steam replacement .

One loco type .... one colour .. for freight 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Nice work .

Just think how dull it'd have been if the 66 was the BR steam replacement .

One loco type .... one colour .. for freight 

Although if that had been the case, they might have came in at least three different variants: a Type 1/2 GP-type, V8-powered Bo-Bo hood unit, a mid-range (Co-Co/A1A-A1A), V12 Type 3 design and of course the large Type 4/5 V16 Co-Co for what would have been then heaviest traffic! Maybe not as interesting as what was conceived otherwise but they certainly would have done the job! 

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Sweetling Park said:

I mentioned in an earlier post that out of curiosity I had compiled a list of the various liveries that the Class 66 has worn.  Since following this thread, I have updated the list when other liveries were mentioned and it has now reached 60 different liveries.  I have decided to share the list in case it is of interest to others.  If I have missed any or if there are any errors, then please let me know and I'll happily update the list.

Class 66 liveries.pdf 126.83 kB · 65 downloads

There are a few more you can add which include:

• DRS Original Compass Livery
  • 66097 DB Schenker with Highland Rail Emblem
  • 66005 In Maritime Livery
  • 66051 in Maritime Livery
  • 66090 in Maritime Livery
  • 66099 with We Stand With Ukraine & Flag
  • 66150 DB with We are the Future Branding
  • 66162 in Maritime Livery
  • 66708 in GB Railfreight with Ukraine Flag
  • 66748 GBRF with Safety Branding
  • 66775 HMS Arygll F231
  • 66782 in GB Railfreight Charity Railtours
  • 66794 in GBRF/ BR Railfreight Petroleum 
  • EX DRS 66/3 with GBRF Branding
  • Ex Original DRS 66 with Freightliner Logos
  • Original Colas Class 66 with Helmet Design Logos 
  • Now Colas Class 66 with Diamond Shape Logos
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, R. Knowles said:

Although if that had been the case, they might have came in at least three different variants: a Type 1/2 4-axle, V8-powered hood unit, a mid-range (Co-Co/A1A-A1A), a mid-range V12 Type 3 design and of course the large Type 4/5 V16 Co-Co for what would have been then heaviest traffic! Maybe not as interesting as what was conceived otherwise but they certainly would have done the job! 

We sort of did get this with the class 67. The 67 has the same engine, traction motors and control electronics as the 66, but designed as a class 47 replacement that could do 125mph. I’ve heard that they wanted to make them Co-Co as well, but the only 125mph Co bogie belonged to Brush (from the class 89) and they were unwilling to licence it, or asking too much money. Which led to a loco with rather a high axle load and a Route Availability of 8. By contrast the 66 is RA7 and the 37 is RA5.

7 hours ago, nightstar.train said:

We sort of did get this with the class 67. The 67 has the same engine, traction motors and control electronics as the 66, but designed as a class 47 replacement that could do 125mph. I’ve heard that they wanted to make them Co-Co as well, but the only 125mph Co bogie belonged to Brush (from the class 89) and they were unwilling to licence it, or asking too much money. Which led to a loco with rather a high axle load and a Route Availability of 8. By contrast the 66 is RA7 and the 37 is RA5.

I never really saw the point in making the 67s 125mph-geared, my understanding in case was that they were incapable of doing so with a full tank - 100/110mph would been enough in my view. However, a Co-Co wheel arrangement still wouldn't have been a bad idea, Alsthom themselves could have easily provided this. Same could be said for the Class 68, at least it could have lived up to its name as a "UK Light".

But anyway, I digress....

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, R. Knowles said:

I never really saw the point in making the 67s 125mph-geared, my understanding in case was that they were incapable of doing so with a full tank - 100/110mph would been enough in my view. However, a Co-Co wheel arrangement still wouldn't have been a bad idea, Alsthom themselves could have easily provided this. Same could be said for the Class 68, at least it could have lived up to its name as a "UK Light".

But anyway, I digress....

The class 67 is a similar design to an Israeli JT42 class (87mph), indeed i’m surprised our spare 67’s havent migrated to Israel as there fleet is extensively used.

1BDC4132-40CF-4E39-8E2A-83A5686C1FA3.jpeg.3f15ab0f178a5662047d7684cf008147.jpeg

for 68’s..

you can compare Euro-light and UK light here

https://www.mainlinediesels.net/index.php?nav=1000001&file=vl_68001_51&action=image#title

Theres a picture of them double heading here (68001 leading but in Vossloh livery)

https://www.mainlinediesels.net/index.php?nav=1000001&lang=en&file=vl_68001_52&action=image#title

Adif of Spain recently bought 22 UK spec Eurolights.. with standard stadler cabs… I wonder if someday they might come here ?

you can see the height difference between the specs, and the below body profile here (though the label incorrectly puts it as Eurolight)

1649278236879?e=1681344000&v=beta&t=Evth
(url from linked in / not mine)

Edited by adb968008

15 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Nice work .

Thank you @rob D2.

12 hours ago, sc2016 said:

There are a few more you can add which include:

• DRS Original Compass Livery
  • 66097 DB Schenker with Highland Rail Emblem
  • 66005 In Maritime Livery
  • 66051 in Maritime Livery
  • 66090 in Maritime Livery
  • 66099 with We Stand With Ukraine & Flag
  • 66150 DB with We are the Future Branding
  • 66162 in Maritime Livery
  • 66708 in GB Railfreight with Ukraine Flag
  • 66748 GBRF with Safety Branding
  • 66775 HMS Arygll F231
  • 66782 in GB Railfreight Charity Railtours
  • 66794 in GBRF/ BR Railfreight Petroleum 
  • EX DRS 66/3 with GBRF Branding
  • Ex Original DRS 66 with Freightliner Logos
  • Original Colas Class 66 with Helmet Design Logos 
  • Now Colas Class 66 with Diamond Shape Logos

Thank you @sc2016 for the suggestions and I have added them to the list.  My original list included the DRS compass livery, but for some odd reason it seems to have been suppressed from the list.  Thanks for reminding me about it and it has been added to the list again.

I have updated my original list and at the time of writing the number of liveries has grown from 60 to 82.  In order to avoid having multiple copies of the file which may cause confusion, I have updated the attachment in my earlier post with the updated list.

Edited by Sweetling Park
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

Id buy a replacement without a shadow of doubt. 

I didn't buy any Hattons 66's - I wanted to see what they turned out like, and the issues they had meant I didn't think I could justify purchasing one.

However, the same tooling (which was in general terms excellent), done to the Accurascale standard - yes please! 

I'd certainly be up for 66 789. And I'd take a 66 779 in a flash. I'd might be tempted with a couple of the "bog standard" EWS or Freightliner ones too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, JohnR said:

:mellow:

I'd certainly be up for 66 789. And I'd take a 66 779 in a flash. I'd might be tempted with a couple of the "bog standard" EWS or Freightliner ones too.

I think that takes 66789 to about 492 available.... :)

Edited by newbryford
  • Funny 3

On 12/03/2023 at 12:56, Sweetling Park said:

I mentioned in an earlier post that out of curiosity I had compiled a list of the various liveries that the Class 66 has worn.  Since following this thread, I have updated the list when other liveries were mentioned and it has now reached 82 different liveries.  I have decided to share the list in case it is of interest to others.  If I have missed any or if there are any errors, then please let me know and I'll happily update the list.

Update: 13/03/2023

Since posting the original list (60 liveries), I have identified further liveries as well as receiving suggestions from @big jim and @sc2016.  The list now contains 82 different liveries.

Class 66 liveries.pdf 108.28 kB · 18 downloads

Excellent list you have there. Just to let you know you have entered DB cargos No.66148 Maritime Intermodal Seven twice. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I mentioned in an earlier post that out of curiosity I had compiled a list of the various liveries that the Class 66 has worn.  Since following this thread, I have updated the list when other liveries were mentioned and it has now reached 82 different liveries.  I have decided to share the list in case it is of interest to others.  If I have missed any or if there are any errors, then please let me know and I'll happily update the list.

Since posting the original list (60 liveries), I have identified further liveries as well as receiving suggestions from @big jim and @sc2016.  The list now contains 82 different liveries.

Class 66 liveries.pdf 108.28 kB · 24 downloads

Brilliant piece of research!

• Thanks 1

Class 66 liveries.pdf 108.28 kB · 36 downloads

I don't know if it's my dodgy eyesight, but, I can't see a 66/3 in DRS livery. Excellent list by the way.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Definitely up for the LU liveries, had both the LTM Shop Bachmann versions and I had no trouble selling them when I emigrated recently at slightly more than I paid for them 😊 so seems demand.....would buy Accura versions straight away.

779? There was the Locomotion Ltd Edn in gloss IIRC, and a standard range version by Bachmann. Certainly the latter took a while to shift.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ruggedpeak said:

779? There was the Locomotion Ltd Edn in gloss IIRC, and a standard range version by Bachmann. Certainly the latter took a while to shift.

I seem to keep seeing 779 wherever I go, but it’s lining and lion and wheel emblems are getting quite faded now and it’s usually pretty dirty, so if Accurascale could produce it in it’s current state (and with the bell in situ) I’d be up for that one.

Mind you if GBRf are due to repaint it soon id rather wait and see what livery it carries next 😄

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Text

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

I seem to keep seeing 779 wherever I go, but it’s lining and lion and wheel emblems are getting quite faded now and it’s usually pretty dirty, so if Accurascale could produce it in it’s current state (and with the bell in situ) I’d be up for that one.

Mind you if GBRf are due to repaint it soon id rather wait and see what livery it carries next 😄

Maybe they can do it "pro-weathered"? (flickr pic)

66779 03.12.2022

• Like 2
  • Funny 2