Does anyone recommend a small guillotine?

dave75

..for cutting card kits obviously, I don't seem to get the edge I need with a steel rule.

There is a thread on here about a square cutter but the picture has disappeared so it's difficult to get an idea of the product.

The interwebs has a fellow rotary trimmer at 9 pounds and a hobbycraft 2.5 x 6 inch trimmer at 4 pounds . 

Any thoughts on these products?

4 hours ago, dave75 said:

..for cutting card kits obviously, I don't seem to get the edge I need with a steel rule.

There is a thread on here about a square cutter but the picture has disappeared so it's difficult to get an idea of the product.

The interwebs has a fellow rotary trimmer at 9 pounds and a hobbycraft 2.5 x 6 inch trimmer at 4 pounds . 

Any thoughts on these products?

I'd imagine (not tried one myself) that using a rotary trimmer would be very difficult for cutting straight lines. I believe they are meant for cutting curved shapes in fabric. It must be very hard to hold a rotary trimmer against the edge of a ruler.

I used to use 'snap off' blades in an NT cutter (model A-250), but have recently changed to a Swann Morton (No.3 6172) with the 10A blades. This is much better (and accurate) at cutting card. Straight cuts with a steel ruler are simple. I get my blades in packs of 50 off local Market Stalls, where they are priced reasonably.

Ian

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1