What N gauge do you want to see from Accurascale?

• 1 month later...

As time goes by there are fewer and fewer locos that haven’t been done. A 45/46 would have been appreciated but that hole had been plugged. 66s will be very well catered for soon. I always thought a 41 would have been a good bet but EFE have got there. Maybe a 37 would be the best bet.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Chris M said:

As time goes by there are fewer and fewer locos that haven’t been done

True, but I still feel the pool of 'not done' is still larger than the pool of 'done' especially in N..

11 minutes ago, PeterStiles said:

True, but I still feel the pool of 'not done' is still larger than the pool of 'done' especially in N..

True, but are Accurascale going to tool up something not already in their OO range, probably not as it will save them money for something that is a risk if they go oddball.

The Manor in N is being retooled by Dapol to a much higher standard than before.  Of course there could be other steam offerings in planning that might also suit N.

So that leaves Deltics, 50s, 37s, 31s and an 89, I doubt they would do the 92.

3 minutes ago, Padishar Creel said:

Accurascale mentioned in their video a while back that MK2B/C were the items topping the wish list they set into motion.

That's a "design one sell many" situation and would plug a hole in N

es grüßt

pc 

I think they have a lot of rolling stock that is ripe for N gauge.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Chris M said:

As time goes by there are fewer and fewer locos that haven’t been done. A 45/46 would have been appreciated but that hole had been plugged. 66s will be very well catered for soon. I always thought a 41 would have been a good bet but EFE have got there. Maybe a 37 would be the best bet.

4 hours ago, PeterStiles said:

Don't forget there have been various posts from Accurascale on their 4mm threads saying that because their product is superior the duplication is justified, so don't let that get in the way of the wishlisting. 

"It's not done properly unless it's done by us" was the jist. Annoyingly I can't find the posts now, don't know if they've been deleted or edited.

On that basis, there's still a long way to go to complete 4mm before they level up to N so I'm not expecting anything soon.

Jo

7 hours ago, Stuart A said:

Anyway how about ICI PHV hoppers.....

There are these resin models that a company called West Highland Models sells on Ebay. They are not the most detailed models in the world, but they are pretty a good representation, plus they only cost £30 for three of them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176459955968?var=476032303245

Posted (edited)
On 25/09/2024 at 17:09, Steadfast said:

On that basis, there's still a long way to go to complete 4mm before they level up to N so I'm not expecting anything soon.

Which is weird as I recently rewatched the N gauge news Accurascale interview  and Fran implied that it would be end of the year before anything was shown, am sure he said "if" in there too. Bearing in mind this interview is from March 23 and its now October 24 are we wishful thinking anything will happen.

Certainly Fran has not posted here for ages suggesting a lack of interest on their side to support N gauge. *EDIT* Just checked back and the last time Fran commented was Page 7, back in March 2023, from a personal perspective if I was in a business that required market interaction  would not ignore one - potential or actual - for 18months especially if people are discussing my company and the market itself

Perhaps Accurscale should make us put our money where our mouths are, announce a Mk2 (either B or C ) TSO and commit to design work starting once a certain level of orders are reached. If we don't hit the target then all monies are returned. This would offer them a chance to see if the demand is there and us a chance to something

Edited by Ed-farms
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

Perhaps Accurscale should make us put our money where our mouths are, announce a Mk2 (either B or C ) TSO and commit to design work starting once a certain level of orders are reached. If we don't hit the target then all monies are returned. This would offer them a chance to see if the demand is there and us a chance to something

As that is not a model Accurascale have subscribed to so far I really hope that isn't a direction they would take.

They've been pretty astute so far with models chosen in OO and sales look quite buoyant despite the volumes being offered.  So when they do announce something in N I think we can be sure the groundwork has been done to be sure it's going to sell, similarly in TT120 which they've also discussed.  It's not as if we are starved of manufacturers presently in N with Bachmann, Revolution, Dapol, Rapido and Sonic, there is clearly a market and Accurascale will no doubt find where they can slot in and make some dosh.

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ed-farms said:

Which is weird as I recently rewatched the N gauge news Accurascale interview  and Fran implied that it would be end of the year before anything was shown, am sure he said "if" in there too. Bearing in mind this interview is from March 23 and its now October 24 are we wishful thinking anything will happen.

If there was anything brewing I'd have expected at least an announcement of an announcement, if not a teaser of an announcement of an announcement coming up. Seems to be the 2024 way.

Jo

• Funny 2

• Accurascale staff
7 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

If there was anything brewing I'd have expected at least an announcement of an announcement, if not a teaser of an announcement of an announcement coming up. Seems to be the 2024 way.

Jo

If anything we’ve moved to a simple statement and showing decorated samples when we are ready now for most launches. Nothing shows commitment more clearly than real models. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

Jo

But even then an announcement that there will be an announcement of an announcement would be within a few days of the announcement of the announcement.

They are hardly going to post that there will be something to discuss on the 12th October of an N scale perspective at GETS more than a couple of days before it happens, otherwise it's just silly.  An an announcement of announcements at Not Warley in November would be madness before a non announcement of GETs.

If and when Accurascale are ready to announce something, we'll know

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, McC said:

If anything we’ve moved to a simple statement and showing decorated samples when we are ready now for most launches. Nothing shows commitment more clearly than real models. 

Never said you didn't have samples at launch. Just saying I'd have expected an early warning. Like today's announcement that tomorrow there'll be an announcement (presumably with decorated samples)

Jo

Back in the early days of this topic, I said that the MHAs were the only things in Accurascale's 4mm range that I'd definitely buy some of in N. You can add those just-announced FCAs to that. I'd have quite a few of those.

• RMweb Gold
On 25/09/2024 at 17:10, montyburns56 said:

There are these resin models that a company called West Highland Models sells on Ebay. They are not the most detailed models in the world, but they are pretty a good representation, plus they only cost £30 for three of them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176459955968?var=476032303245

Yes I'm aware of those....

I got a batch of 10 made without bogies, planning on fitting them with plate back bogies (I know not 100% accurate)

Just need to work out some way of attaching

PXL_20241001_121657833.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...