Colour problems with uploaded photos

• RMweb Gold

RMWebColourVariations.jpg.85852b2693b5f68a34bb07605103f5dd.jpg

Periodically the forum software seems to fiddle with the colour balance of images I upload.  Above is an example screen grab with, left to right:

My image on Flickr, which perfectly matches my original file (for better or for worse!)

My image uploaded to an RMWeb personal gallery

My image uploaded directly to an RMWeb thread on Class 37 photos.

As can be seen, the forum software alters the colour balance and does it differently depending on where the image is placed.

For reference, the original image is from a Kodak Photo CD, a source known for 'difficulties', and these issues don't manifest themselves that often.  Is there a setting somewhere that stops the software trying to auto-balance things or whatever it's doing?

Additional: this may well be the same issue that makes some true greyscale images appear red to some Safari users within a thread, but properly grayscale in a gallery.

(I'm viewing on both an iMac using Safari and an iPad using safari)

• RMweb Gold

Have you checked the colour profile of the image file you actually upload?  I now make sure all mine are sRGB after the forum software started converting my monochrome images to red with no contrast.

I've had no particular problems with images in my photothread or in galleries (before the image loss) except as mentioned above.

David