EFE Rail Class 143/144 Pacer

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, andyman7 said:

I've repaired a Realtrack one in the past so I do know about the nightmare wiring!

Ah so your ok then, The EFE one is the Realtrack ones evil twin…nearly identical except for a few rivets and a few motor mods… ive paired up efe and realtrack chassis’s and they do couple and work together, ive body swapped to.

This model distinctly reminds me of this..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tupolev_Tu-4

But still why have a dog and bark yourself, if its under warranty and can be swapped.. if you knacker it yourself, there arent spares available at the moment.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...

Spent some time today to figure out the values for the light functions. I used a Train-O-Matic Next18 decoder.

Front white lights: 5
Front red lights: 6
Rear red lights: 9
Rear white light: 10
Interior lights: 16
Cabine lights rear: 33
Cabine lights front: 34
Cabine lights front + rear: 35

So weird that they are not multiples, as in 2, 4, 8, 16 etc.

1 hour ago, Gallows Close said:

Three Car version looks tasty....  😝

Class144ThreeCarBuild-12SM.jpg.7897575be573ebeabd45ea23fdd82475.jpg

Best wishes, Chris.

I'd like to see how you built that, Chris! I have a second-hand Realtrack 144 on the shelf ready for such a conversion if I ever find a second unit at a similarly low price.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, CWJ said:

I'd like to see how you built that, Chris! I have a second-hand Realtrack 144 on the shelf ready for such a conversion if I ever find a second unit at a similarly low price.

Cheers,

Will

Planning a write up Will.  I have taken step by step photos.  I’m just finalizing a few bits on it and then I would like to publish it here.  (If that is OK with the Mods)

Best wishes, Chris. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

19 hours ago, Gallows Close said:

Planning a write up Will.  I have taken step by step photos.  I’m just finalizing a few bits on it and then I would like to publish it here.  (If that is OK with the Mods)

Best wishes, Chris. 

Please see link to the write-up here.  

Best wishes,

Chris.

• Like 1

Looking to how to store one without undoing the electrical connection I ended up with a DCC Concepts Motive Power Depot. had thought the 460mm one would be sufficient but then discovered Howes had a couple of 560mm ones second hand in very good condition which I snapped up saving a good few £ and it transpires the end padding does mean the 560mm is appropriate. The other one I have used for the Bachmann Ransomes & Rapier crane which I had put in a completely useful Peco clip together loco lift which is that  flexible the thing had drailed in it and getting it out was complete pain with all the cross braces in the way. Would not want to store an EFE Pacer in one for fear of it stll overly streching the connection.

Edited by Butler Henderson

• 4 months later...