Paired Nameplate Suggestions

• RMweb Premium

Due to an ahem administrative error* I am wondering about paired nameplates for a pair of Rapido Hunslet 0-6-0 locos in identical liveries.

* You guessed it - I’ve bought an “Alex” only to discover I already had it on pre-order direct from Rapido!

So, throwing it open to the combined wisdom of RMWeb, suggestions for pairs of names please…

Eg

Laurel & Hardy (or Stan & Oliver)

Bill & Ben

Romules & Remus

Burke & Hare

Obviously, if there is a railway themed link then all the better …

Eg

Flanders & Swann (“The Slow Train”)

Looking forward to some inspiration!

HOURS OF FUN!!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

"Short" and "Brothers" - Short Brothers, though makers of planes are part of the Bombardier group

And no longer do their flying boats do circuits and bumps on the River Medway, although there is a Shorts Way commemorating their former factory. 

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, eastglosmog said:

"Short" and "Brothers" - Short Brothers, though makers of planes are part of the Bombardier group

23 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

And no longer do their flying boats do circuits and bumps on the River Medway, although there is a Shorts Way commemorating their former factory. 

Following on with …

Winder and Mere

• RMweb Premium
On 28/01/2023 at 19:16, SteveyDee68 said:

* You guessed it - I’ve bought an “Alex” only to discover I already had it on pre-order direct from Rapido!

So, throwing it open to the combined wisdom of RMWeb, suggestions for pairs of names please…

You ought to be able to get a Stepney to go with Alex, for fans of 60s/70s goalkeepers.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

You ought to be able to get a Stepney to go with Alex, for fans of 60s/70s goalkeepers.

For United fans of that vintage you could also have a  Paddy/Roche pair of locomotives, but they wouldn't be anything like as reliable, being particularly prone to dropping things (firebars, fusible plugs in this case).