Bachman Green B.R. 'Suburbans'

• RMweb Premium

Thanks. Its just I saw a batch of 6 in Baccy Boxes at an Auction. I reckon they are Replica ones in disguise! They were in good nick too.

Now I can't refind the damn Auction! Pah! Might have got them for a Bargain price!!!

P

• RMweb Premium
On 23/01/2023 at 21:35, frobisher said:

Nope - the only RTR 63' ones at the moment are the Replica ones.  But you never know, Accurscale are doing some rather gorgeous looking 56' ones, so they might follow those up later with the longer ones.

Yup. Can only hope. The 3 Sets in boxes from Replica come up at Auction occasionally. One lot went for £120 before commission!

I got a 'new' Ratio Box Set 152, in with six other good condition Coaches, for £60! I was lucky.

P

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, SRman said:

Replica still have the kits of parts showing on their website (pre-painted but needing decoration with running numbers, etc.). I don't know the availability, but it would be worth asking them.

http://www.replicarailways.co.uk/menusep3/menuselfassem

Thanks but I'm not actually after them, just inquisitive about the 6 I saw in Baccy Boxes.

P

On 25/01/2023 at 12:36, Mallard60022 said:

Yup. Can only hope. The 3 Sets in boxes from Replica come up at Auction occasionally. One lot went for £120 before commission!

I got a 'new' Ratio Box Set 152, in with six other good condition Coaches, for £60! I was lucky.

P

£120 is not bad, seeing the Replica bits are £28.10 + at present.

Worth mentioning about the Replica ones that although you can buy most of the bits, you still can't, as far as I'm aware, get their glazing sets, which have been out of production for some years.

There's probably a SE Finescast Flushglaze offering somewhere, for the less discerning, like me!

The Replica sets of three, sold as such, do come with their glazing fitted. The ebay prices vary, I bought a set in which the previous owner had changed (incorrectly) a couple of bogies, and messed with the couplings (which I replace for scale anyway) for £64 a couple of years back.

John.

Edited by John Tomlinson
My purchase details
  • Informative/Useful 1

This topic got me digging out my purchase from 2021, and seeing what needs doing. There were a few loose bits on the underframe, now secured. They're now dismantled and awaiting scale couplings fitting, probably Smith's, but possibly with one longer link from Roxey (?). I'm hoping Replica will be at Doncaster in two weeks for some bits and a general rummage around, but maybe not.

One thing I'd add to my previous post. The holding clips in the Replica bodies, for the chassis, are really quite a bit deeper than is needed for those of us who are reasonably careful. To unclip them needs fair force on the bodysides, and while mine are dismantled I've filed them all back a bit so that in future less force will be needed. A bit like old Lima, if anyone goes that far back.

John.

Edited by John Tomlinson