Scrolling to top of page on mouse click

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Something that seems to have started recently is that if I click on part of a new message (or indeed the Save or Submit button) the page will be scrolled right to the top.

It's almost as if the default response to a click is 'go to top'. I'm using Chrome on Win11.

Amusingly it's not doing it for this post so it might only occur when there are images or multiple posts.

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Hi,

Something that seems to have started recently is that if I click on part of a new message (or indeed the Save or Submit button) the page will be scrolled right to the top.

It's almost as if the default response to a click is 'go to top'. I'm using Chrome on Win11.

Amusingly it's not doing it for this post so it might only occur when there are images or multiple posts.

Is the thing that you are clicking on level with the white ^ arrow in the black circle (which takes you to the top of the page) ?  It seems that isn't a single area on the screen, but runs the full width.  Try scrolling the page up a bit more.

Adrian

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Peter Beckett said:

Not sure if this has been posted but my button has moved from the right hand side to the left hand side

Peter

It would make more sense if it was on the right. Perhaps that's the underlying problem - it's 'expanded' across the page to the left.

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Peter Beckett said:

Not sure if this has been posted but my button has moved from the right hand side to the left hand side

Peter

So has mine, but that seemed to coincide with the start of the current problems.

Adrian

• Agree 1