• RMweb Premium

I start with the box containing the spring.  It is a headache getting the prongs of the spring into the right slots. Then glue the lid holding the spring in lightly at the front. Next add the coupler and get it between the prongs. Add the last lid and add a 2-56 nut and bolt to hold the works together. Glue the lid and possibly the back -- trying not to get any glue inside.  I use liquid plastic glue.

Before you start you have to decide which way the box is to go which depends on how high the floor (or whatever you're mounting it on) is above the rail.

• Thanks 1

Hi Steve

I've just recently fitted a pair to a GE 44 tonner too.  I had to download the 44t fitting guide from Kadee in the end, but still needed three hands to sort it.  I didn't realise that there was a difference in the thickness of the lids either until I'd glued them in place on the first one but I was lucky enough to get it right first time.

I can upload a photo of the coupling in place if needed, but it won't be before Sunday?

Foxy

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve

Sorry it's a week longer than promised.  Not sure whether the photo helps or not, but it does show the coupling box arrangement.  I used the thicker cover and that's on the top of the coupling ie next to the body mounting.  This is the older model (one of the bogies is in the background in 'bits') and I found I had to 'slide' the chassis into place, as it won't just drop in. 

Foxy

20230130_170013.jpg.c1a2c948996c283002fc177cd49c355c.jpg

• Thanks 1