Colour light signal decoder recommendations

rogerdee

I have six signals to install at the end on my terminus platforms and  looking for a DCC decoder to operate them. Can anyone suggest something suitable at a reasonable price that would work with a NCE system which is easy to set up and use.

• RMweb Gold

I use an Alpha Mimic from DCC Concepts. It's a bit confusing because of the way they keep referring to it as a 'mimic'. That's obviously their intention when they sell it but it's basically just a DCC decoder that can control multiple dual aspect lights. My only complaint is that DCC Concepts only produce ground signals so for my current layout I'm going to have to learn how to solder really small connectors so I can have some lights on gantries.

In my view, the best value for money, reliability and flexibility is the SC1 from signalist.co.uk . They operate 4x2 aspect signals straight out of the box and can easily be reconfigured for 3 or 4 aspects, with or without feathers as well as a host of other configurations. They are also totally British!

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

I use the signalist SC1 too.  The only disadvantage in your case is that because each one can control 4 2-aspect lights, you would need to buy 2 and would have two unused  blocks. You nave other uses for these though.

The instructions are comprehensive and clear.  Downloadable here

• RMweb Gold

And I use the Signalist SC1 with the NCE PowerPro kit - works beautifully.   Another advantage is that the signals can be common anode or common cathode (or a mixture of both).