Can't access Layout topics

On 01/03/2023 at 13:49, Nile said:

Is this anything to do with the "Condensed View/Expanded View" thing next to the "Start New Topic" button?

Some time ago I accidentally clicked on the Expanded View option, which resulted in the blank page problem as seen above. I somehow got back to Condensed View, possibly by going into the Boxfiles section and clicking on it there.

Oh Nile, I could kiss you, you marvel, months thats been, months!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just fixed my mobile after many months of being unable to access ''UK Prototype Discussions (not questions)"

and "Wheeltappers".

Following the suggestion above I found that "UK Prototype Questions" was the culprit (selecting the left hand Condensed View), even though that section was able to be accessed itself - doesn't make sense to me, but that is what I did.

I guess I must have accidentally selected the right hand option many months ago.

Edited by kevinlms
Wrong forum title
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/03/2023 at 17:52, ess1uk said:

Nope

still get a blank white page

The secret is that it ISN'T where you actually get the white page or error message, but another forum - at least that's how I found it. Fortunately, I found it first up, in "UK Prototype Questions" and changing it fixed "UK Prototype Discussion (not Questions)" and "Wheeltappers".

Does it make sense? Not to me, but it worked, so I'll quit while ahead!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/04/2023 at 04:51, kevinlms said:

The secret is that it ISN'T where you actually get the white page or error message, but another forum - at least that's how I found it. Fortunately, I found it first up, in "UK Prototype Questions" and changing it fixed "UK Prototype Discussion (not Questions)" and "Wheeltappers".

Does it make sense? Not to me, but it worked, so I'll quit while ahead!

I’ve been setting everything and slowly I’m getting into more areas where I was getting a blank page 

makes no sense but it’s working 

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 08/05/2023 at 21:47, ess1uk said:

I’ve been setting everything and slowly I’m getting into more areas where I was getting a blank page 

makes no sense but it’s working 

Sadly I'm getting the problem again on my mobile and I've gone through most of the forums and haven't found anything wrong so far.

Has to be wrong somewhere. 🙃

Final update I hope

FIXED IT - Problem was in RMweb Area Groups > Down-Under Railway Modellers, of which I don't often visit, but there is was in extended view - when I changed it back, the problem was instantly solved. Thank you again Nile for pointing us in the right direction.

Edited by kevinlms
More info & SOLVED
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Does this 'Expanded View' serve a useful purpose? It seems to be nothing but trouble to the users in this topic, me included. Is anyone actually using it successfully? Or is it more trouble than it's worth?

Well someone had to ask.

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Nile said:

Does this 'Expanded View' serve a useful purpose? It seems to be nothing but trouble to the users in this topic, me included. Is anyone actually using it successfully? Or is it more trouble than it's worth?

Well someone had to ask.

An excellent question. I've reported your earlier post to see if it can be pinned, or another option.

Thanks chaps. 6 months or so I've been unable to access UK prototype discussions. Problem tracked down to that pesky expanded/condensed view button in totally unrelated uk special interests ! Railways of Devon or London Underground not sure which. Anyway, I'm back in to UK prototype discussions.

Hoo flipping Ray.

A happy chappy.

• Like 3