Hornby 2023 - Bluetooth decoders and control system

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Just a heads up, the TXS decoders are now reduced to £45 in the hattons sale

A link to that would be nice, I can't find any.

Cheers

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Grovenor said:

A link to that would be nice, I can't find any.

Cheers

I can't add a direct link, but go to Hattons website and type TXS in the search box.

Just ordered a handful of next 18’s from Hattons, all ready for the class 50 and 66 TT:120’s (not available to pre order with sound fitted) hopefully coming in the next few months.

Or something else so far unannounced…

Edited by Baz657
  • Like 1

Don’t see any new profiles announced nor pre-fitted models with new profiles in the 2024 announcement.

so it looks like we just have the 14 profiles already scheduled for Q1 and 3 for Q2 with nothing after that. I would think that 14 new profiles in a single quarter is probably more than Hornby can actually manage. (This is based on the 21/2/23 schedule).

i was expecting Hornby to announce profiles for new tooling or re-releases of existing tooling but new profile announcements may be part of Hornby additional announcements thru the year.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Bob83a said:

Don’t see any new profiles announced nor pre-fitted models with new profiles in the 2024 announcement.

so it looks like we just have the 14 profiles already scheduled for Q1 and 3 for Q2 with nothing after that. I would think that 14 new profiles in a single quarter is probably more than Hornby can actually manage. (This is based on the 21/2/23 schedule).

i was expecting Hornby to announce profiles for new tooling or re-releases of existing tooling but new profile announcements may be part of Hornby additional announcements thru the year.

I was also hoping that there would be some new profiles announced today.

Hi,

I linked and downloaded the Class 73 profile into a R7336 DCC/Bluetooth Sound decoder in a Bachmann Class 108 DMMU Power car.

It seemed to run fine on Bluetooth, I then swapped it to DCC mode and it seemed to run fine.

When I swapped it back to Bluetooth mode I can't seem to operate the loco.

It seems I can change the loco address because when in Bluetooth mode I can change the loco address and it remains at that new value when I swap back to DCC.

Any ideas?.

Regards

Nik

13 hours ago, NIK said:

Hi,

I linked and downloaded the Class 73 profile into a R7336 DCC/Bluetooth Sound decoder in a Bachmann Class 108 DMMU Power car.

It seemed to run fine on Bluetooth, I then swapped it to DCC mode and it seemed to run fine.

When I swapped it back to Bluetooth mode I can't seem to operate the loco.

It seems I can change the loco address because when in Bluetooth mode I can change the loco address and it remains at that new value when I swap back to DCC.

Any ideas?.

Regards

Nik

There is an ongoing glitch (see Hornby.com forum) in that either the long address does not write to the decoder from the app (in fact if you reload a profile even tho' the address is showing in the app you have to rewrite it) or the values written into CVs 17/18 do not match the written long address. That is still being fixed.

In the meantime see if a full power cycle of all devices clears its mind.

@Bob83a and @Kris The new list of profiles will be announced soon (see Hornby.com forum). It will have the much requested Class 20, a DMU or two, as well as Lion and as seen in the International range catalogue TXS will also be supporting international locos.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

38 minutes ago, RAF96 said:

@Bob83a and @Kris The new list of profiles will be announced soon (see Hornby.com forum). It will have the much requested Class 20, a DMU or two, as well as Lion and as seen in the International range catalogue TXS will also be supporting international locos.

Class 20 would be good, and a 153 DMU. And then there are the GWR steamers.

With the class 110 forthcoming, I suspect it might be that. 

The absence of the class 20 was glaring - it was the best TTS profile and sounded as good, if not better than those costing more than twice as much. 

No GWR profiles (we have had King, Castle and Saint on TTS) has also been glaring. I would hope for at least a King profile to tie in with those announced in the 2024 range. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, RAF96 said:

There is an ongoing glitch (see Hornby.com forum) in that either the long address does not write to the decoder from the app (in fact if you reload a profile even tho' the address is showing in the app you have to rewrite it) or the values written into CVs 17/18 do not match the written long address. That is still being fixed.

In the meantime see if a full power cycle of all devices clears its mind.

Hi,

A full power cycle of all devices on its own didn't fix it but unlinking the loco in the app and then relinking did fix it for a while.

Then the app seemed to not offer sound control even though the settings screen showed loco had a sound decoder. Sound still works on DCC control.

PS I connected a DC current meter to the DC power input to an NCE Power Cab.

When the decoder was in DCC mode with Class 73 sound profile the current draw only went up a few milliamps when the sound was on and the loco at tickover on default volume.

Current draw for the R7336 decoder in DCC or Bluetooth mode was indicated to be 12mA.

Regards

Nick

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I am delighted to see a hall turning up, the first GWR loco on the list, that will be another chip to purchase and another TTS chip to sell on. I am also pleased to see Lion there, I suspect that this would be quite close to locomotion.

7 minutes ago, cravensdmufan said:

Class 121 and 153 DMUs will be useful.  Especially the 121 presumably with Leyland engines which can be used for other classes.  Very happy about that.  Thanks Hornby!  

The 153 with it's Cummins engine will also be useful for other 2nd gen sprinter classes.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, scottrains29 said:

The 153 with it's Cummins engine will also be useful for other 2nd gen sprinter classes.

Excellent news! The 121 and 153 will be very useful - especially for the chips I've just bought in the Hattons sale. (such a shame they are closing)

3 hours ago, RAF96 said:

For the last couple of quarters the schedule was included amongst the Profile Function Lists,  in the main HM7000 documentation.

it was a downloadable file that you could download and print. 

this link takes you to a forum entry that is being edited and bumped, and I cannot find any easy way to print it.

please put the schedule back in a fixed location that you do not have to search for.

31 minutes ago, Bob83a said:

For the last couple of quarters the schedule was included amongst the Profile Function Lists,  in the main HM7000 documentation.

it was a downloadable file that you could download and print. 

this link takes you to a forum entry that is being edited and bumped, and I cannot find any easy way to print it.

please put the schedule back in a fixed location that you do not have to search for.

Save the image and print that. Duplication leads to errors with one document not matching the other, but I will suggest it goes back as a kind of index for the profile documents.