The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Unwanted things about Xmas.

rockershovel

On 18/12/2022 at 15:35, woodenhead said:

Typical remark of a ready to plonk creamer - ever heard of mixing - take some cream add some brandy and hey presto brandy cream.

People really want their creams given to them on a plate these days, in my day we had to mix to get the exact cream we wanted.

But today with people like Accuracream offering all variations in one batch people are just getting lazy.  😀

And you can add as much as you like of a really good brandy  (I won a bottle of Calavados in a Christmas charity lunch auction last Sunday so I might try some of that)

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

You have heard of Rainbow I take it?

TV show?🙂

Yes, I know it's Ritchie Blackmore's current abode. I've got a few tracks in my CD collection.

They've had more members than most people have had clean socks.

Pete Frame's "Rock Family Trees" makes interesting reading, all the links and members of the best known and also less well known groups.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Pacific231G said:

There are several other A Capella versions of Gaudete around like this one

I've got a CD by Joculatores Upsaliensis where they do an extended selection from "Piae Cantiones" where Gaudete comes from.

There are some other familiar tunes but with different words (Latin of course)

I've also got a 10 CD Steeleye Span collection (as well as the original vinyls) which has some live versions as well as the studio stuff, in which might be the one you posted, I'll have to check.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
34 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I've also got a 10 CD Steeleye Span collection (as well as the original vinyls) which has some live versions as well as the studio stuff, in which might be the one you posted, I'll have to check.

It's actually a 12 CD collection and has 6 versions of Gaudete, 3 Studio & 3 Live🙂

I've got another studio one on another collection, so 7 in all😄

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, melmerby said:

I've got a CD by Joculatores Upsaliensis where they do an extended selection from "Piae Cantiones"

This is Tempus Adest Floridum (Spring has unfolded the flowers) from the 13th Century

Recognise the tune?

This is an official upload.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I was quite happily dodging the column, watching "White Christmas" when my my decided she'd done enough. 

Within moments she had found an achingly BBC version of "The Famous Five"... oh, merciful Heavens. I'd rather have the bloody Cliff Richards music. 

Merry Xmas, all. 

Edited by rockershovel
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, rockershovel said:

I was quite happily dodging the column, watching "White Christmas" when my my decided she'd done enough. 

Within moments she had found an achingly BBC version of "The Famous Five"... oh, merciful Heavens. I'd rather have the bloody Cliff Richards music. 

Merry Xmas, all. 

That the new "inclusive" version?

16 hours ago, melmerby said:

TV show?🙂

Yes, I know it's Ritchie Blackmore's current abode. I've got a few tracks in my CD collection.

They've had more members than most people have had clean socks.

Pete Frame's "Rock Family Trees" makes interesting reading, all the links and members of the best known and also less well known groups.

I've got a 1970s double album "best of The Byrds" with a summary of lineups which looks like a map of the Underground 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, rockershovel said:

That would be one description, yes... how is it right that she starts by boarding an unattended boat and stealing a dog?

It also seems to include Pa Larkins' truck 

How do these people put it?

"Inspired by an idea created by Enid Blyton"

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Hroth said:

That the new "inclusive" version?

You mean, A black person, a white person, a disabled person and a gay person complete with a French Bulldog?😄

Edited by melmerby
  • Round of applause 1