Cooper-craft

Baldwin30762

• RMweb Premium

Sold, according to the home page:

"Cambrian Model Rail Limited have now completed the purchase of the Cooper Craft Moulds. As part of the purchase we also have the rights to the Cooper Craft brand and the Website."

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

Home

Cambrian Model Rail Limited have now completed the purchase of the Cooper Craft Moulds. As part of the purchase we also have the rights to the Cooper Craft brand and the Website.

However please note we have not purchased the buisness formerly run by Paul Dunn and trading as Cooper Craft. Any queries regarding transactions before 11/12/2022 still need to be addressed to him at the old trading address given on the contact page. He still retains the Mailcoach and Kirk Coach moulds and other products. He is looking for a purchaser of the rights to these models.

Unfortunately it will not be a straightforward process to adapt the Cooper Craft moulds for production in our moulding machine. However we hope to have at least some of the range available by February.

The best bit is it is just down the road from me

Edited by Baldwin30762
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

I do hope that if the Kirk stuff goes anywhere it goes to Phoenix.

They have reissued the Southern kits so are able to produce them.

Jason

Mentions elsewhere over the years (!) have said the moulds for the LNER Kirk kits are knackered :(

10 hours ago, Nile said:

Colin, has that page changed since you looked at it earlier today?

Hi Nile yes it had the first time I looked it said that Cooper Craft was up for sale, then the next time it said that Cambrian models had brought certain parts of that company but not all of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

From Dunn though. I wouldn't trust anything he said considering he had it on his website that he had a new machine years ago!

Jason

I did hear that Ian Kirk was some what miffed that the moulding where supposed to be knackered, but I get there is more to this story then we all know on this site.

I have spoken to Tony Brown who used to own Cooper- Craft and he didn't have any problems with the machines he had at the time, it will be good to see the range appear again.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

That someone has managed to do a basic edit to the website homepage is in itself some sort of miracle!

It looks like the website is now owned by Cambrian (which makes sense as they have the name).

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Bit more info on the Cambrian site that clarifies what he's got.

Cooper Craft 4mm wagon, vehicle and lineside moulds along with the 16mm wagon and lineside moulds.

https://www.cambrianmodelrail.co.uk/

No mention of the BR Mark One coaches though. And probably no chance that the B12 and F3 have been found down the back of a sofa....

Jason

• Informative/Useful 2

All old news. Can we keep this thread for the new Cooper Craft now owned by Cambrian?

Cooper Craft by Cambrian Model Rail Limited, PO Box 85, Greenhithe, Kent.DA910 9DN

As stated on the website it's nothing to do with Paul Dunn anymore and is owned by Graham Taylor and Judy Stevenson.

https://www.cambrianmodelrail.co.uk/about-us

Jason

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Not sure why they bought and are keeping the name really. Can't imagine that name has any positive rep left and you are going to get confusion between this company and the last however clear you make it.

It's a public service to stop anyone else using it! But the Cooper Craft name is associated with a good range of injection-molded kits, not just the GW wagons but a range of scenic items.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

It's a public service to stop anyone else using it! But the Cooper Craft name is associated with a good range of injection-molded kits, not just the GW wagons but a range of scenic items.

Hah, good thinking. No I get the original product is valued but it's name has become synonymous with dodgyness. Personally I would have gone with " Definitely Not Coopercraft or anything to do with Paul Dunn injection molded kits and you will receive them. Honest! Ltd", but perhaps they couldn't fit it on the packaging. 😉

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

17 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Hah, good thinking. No I get the original product is valued but it's name has become synonymous with dodgyness. Personally I would have gone with " Definitely Not Coopercraft or anything to do with Paul Dunn injection molded kits and you will receive them. Honest! Ltd", but perhaps they couldn't fit it on the packaging. 😉

But it's Cooper Craft by Cambrian Model Rail Limited as the name.

The name is still a good one as anyone who has tried to buy stuff on eBay will attest. They still sell for well over their actual value.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

But it's Cooper Craft by Cambrian Model Rail Limited as the name.

The name is still a good one as anyone who has tried to buy stuff on eBay will attest. They still sell for well over their actual value.

Jason

Yeah I suppose it's an argument really about the worth of a failed brand name. I would imagine those people who pay a fortune on eBay will soon cotton onto the fact that a hopefully reliable manufacturer has these kits , and if they manage to reintroduce everything, the eBay prices will go through the floor and then you have to ask do they need the old name and it's negative baggage? My feeling is many people see the name coopercraft and automatically associate it with the old firm despite the "by Cambrian models" bit, and that it will take time for that to change. After all, they have god knows how many years of bad press to reverse.

• Agree 1