KR Models - New Class 40 EOI

Hilux5972

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Sounds a bit early for that if it was only in tooling 'in the spring'.  Then there'd need to be an EP - which they might show - before they get anywhere near pre-production samples.

No worries Mike, thanks.

I only do RMweb & Youtube and not the other social media platforms thus was wondering if there was more info on this loco elsewhere that I have missed as it's pretty scarce on here for this Class 40.

I think there's more info on the Jouef Class 40 than the KR one in this thread.

Cheers Steve

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, classy52 said:

No worries Mike, thanks.

I only do RMweb & Youtube and not the other social media platforms thus was wondering if there was more info on this loco elsewhere that I have missed as it's pretty scarce on here for this Class 40.

I think there's more info on the Jouef Class 40 than the KR one in this thread.

Cheers Steve

I think the main question is will it be good enough to beat the existing Bachmann one on detail and finish/reliability etc at what looks like being a higher price (assuming normal retail discounts  off Bachmann's RRP the KR version will cost c.£14 more than Bachmann's).

In any case, according to the information they have so far released,  there's not one in KR's list that would suit my needs.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

In any case, according to the information they have so far released,  there's not one in KR's list that would suit my needs.

Probably because nothing they have shown yet looks like a Class 40 that ever existed!

Roy

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5

19 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Probably because nothing they have shown yet looks like a Class 40 that ever existed!

Roy

You could say the same about the Fell. The GT3 wasn’t bad in many respects but was bad in many other respects. Going by KR’s past efforts, it was a bit silly trying to compete directly with another manufacturer.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, No Decorum said:

You could say the same about the Fell. The GT3 wasn’t bad in many respects but was bad in many other respects. Going by KR’s past efforts, it was a bit silly trying to compete directly with another manufacturer.

First the EE Type 4, then the WD 2-10-0.   Reminds me of something Ian Fleming wrote in James Bond book -

'Once is happenstance.  Twice is coincidence.  Three times is enemy action.'

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 minutes ago, DLPG said:

Any news, I have not seen a production sample or have I missed something?

It's less than four weeks since someone last asked.

4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

It's less than four weeks since someone last asked.

There was a suggestion that it was in tooling in the last newsletter but I don’t seem to get them unless they drop in a junk folder. I have emailed them a few times to try and upgrade my order from DCC to sound fitted but have never received a response. I suppose I keep trying

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DLPG said:

Okay, useful

Jeepers! You’re quick. Not long after posting the above, I had second thoughts, hid the post and started on this…

It’s worth bearing in mind the timescales involved in producing a model, from the CADs, through the tooling stage and then on to the samples and beyond. There have been murmurings that the CADs are being refined (thank goodness if true), plus a post on here a while back from someone from the CFPS alluding to them working to get the model right.

This takes time, just think about what’s involved, and look at the earlier responses in this thread with this new understanding.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Jeepers! You’re quick. Not long after posting the above, I had second thoughts, hid the post and started on this…

It’s worth bearing in mind the timescales involved in producing a model, from the CADs, through the tooling stage and then on to the samples and beyond. There have been murmurings that the CADs are being refined (thank goodness if true), plus a post on here a while back from someone from the CFPS alluding to them working to get the model right.

This takes time, just think about what’s involved, and look at the earlier responses in this thread with this new understanding.

This applies to all manufacturers though, just about all of whom communicate more effectively than KR.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

7 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I more than appreciate timescales. I’m simply asking a question because my last news letter was January 2024 and I’m lost off. Fully paid up and wanting to upgrade but get no response. 

sometimes people are quick to be sharp on here and shoot people down for asking a question. I read the tread and only saw someone suggesting it was in tooling

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, DLPG said:

I more than appreciate timescales. I’m simply asking a question because my last news letter was January 2024 and I’m lost off. Fully paid up and wanting to upgrade but get no response. 

sometimes people are quick to be sharp on here and shoot people down for asking a question. I read the tread and only saw someone suggesting it was in tooling

Well, if it's any consolation, consider my shot taken back. It's been a tough week for me and frustrating for you if you've paid.

• Friendly/supportive 3

28 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Well, if it's any consolation, consider my shot taken back. It's been a tough week for me and frustrating for you if you've paid.

No problem mate

• Friendly/supportive 3