Rapido OO Gauge Y7

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, rapidoandy said:

A toned down version was then used for the model - and (by accident) ended up very close to the Bachmann colour…

The NER E1? In many ways for modelling that's the more critical comparison, as many of us will have both and want the stock to more or less match in their livery, it's one of the reasons I ditched my LSWR locos, the greens were different across each of them and it just jarred with me. Having said that I'm eyeing up the lined black NER Y7!

Cheers,

Keith 

I think there would be a good chance it will be the same sample. The North Eastern Railway Association and the Ken Hoole Study Centre are effectively one and the same as I understand it.

If it's very similar to the Bachmann green, perhaps they also did their research.

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, tractionman said:

The NER E1? In many ways for modelling that's the more critical comparison, as many of us will have both and want the stock to more or less match in their livery, it's one of the reasons I ditched my LSWR locos, the greens were different across each of them and it just jarred with me. Having said that I'm eyeing up the lined black NER Y7!

Cheers,

Keith 

To be fair, the LSWR did go through several different shades of Green over the last 40 years of its life.