Class 50, By Accurascale

16 minutes ago, RailwayModeller927 said:

You aren't the only one.

I got that about 20ish minutes or so straight after I actually paid off the preorder.

No, I'm sure everyone has the notification, nice to see they're in production now if they are!

NL

• Like 1

• Accurascale staff

Hi folks,

Indeed you are correct, the 50 has now entered production! 

We’re still working on a few gremlins in the system, but these automated milestone updates are a new feature that will be emailed to customers in future as further information on the progress of their models. We need to up our communication game further as models progress now we have so many on the go and this is part of that process.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We need to up our communication game further as models progress now we have so many on the go and this is part of that process.

These notifications probably are worthwhile.  But if you start sending too many emails, you run the risk that what you send gets treated as junk mail.  You need to limit the overall volumes of messages.  It's not an easy balance to get right.

• Agree 2

• Accurascale staff
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

These notifications probably are worthwhile.  But if you start sending too many emails, you run the risk that what you send gets treated as junk mail.  You need to limit the overall volumes of messages.  It's not an easy balance to get right.

The status updates happen once when the model is in production, again when in transit and finally when in stock. Three emails per order over 6-12 months in practice. 

The same status engine also provides at a glance view of your order in the ‘Order Status’ page via the account area which coupled with the project status page should provide clarity and help set expectations on delivery times. 

As always we would really appreciate and value any and all feedback or suggestions to help improve our clarity and comms. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

As long as Rails of Sheffield really finds it necessary to send 3 emails every day (over 1000 in one year !), 3 emails in a year are of course completely negligible. Glad Accurascale keeps the customer well informed.

Plenty of Rails of Sheffield emails go to Junk, as does the odd Accurascale one, even though they are supposedly safe senders, so I don’t think frequency affects whether or not they are filtered as Junk. But three per product progress seems perfectly reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 09/05/2024 at 22:56, PieGuyRob said:

The writing says:-

50021 Rodney

This locomotive, built by English Electric in 1968, was saved from being scrapped in 1991 by the 50021 Locomotive Association and was restored to use between 1993 and 2000.

Having been stored for fifeteen years, the locomotive was sold to Paul Spracklen in 2015 and moved to Eastleigh Works for a complete rebuild. This restoration would not have been possible without the dedication and hard work of Paul Spracklen, Wayne Duggan, Lee Freeman, Nick Allen, George Browning Nicholas Wren, John Bryant and, Ken Schiller - with help from a few others.

The rebuild could not have happened without the tremendous support of Barry Stephens and Arlington Fleet Services at Eastleigh Works.

What is now proved was once only imagined. William Bake Poet Artist

If you need a close up let me know (Wayne Duggan)

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, dugdug03 said:

If you need a close up let me know (Wayne Duggan)

I have a photo taken at Eastleigh Works. However, the event I went to, one of the conditions is that I cannot post any of the pictures I took on social media, or printed media. I quoted the text direct from the picture and included the grammatical errors as well. Thank you anyway!☺️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BluenGreyAnorak said:

Rodney was looking and sounding in fine form at the Mid Hants diesel gala at the weekend:

Rodney.jpg.ef7adb13626e65208feb667a6a225e71.jpg

Wow! I'm not sure it looked this good on release from Doncaster! An absolute credit to the team responsible.

(In fact many of the surviving 50s look fantastic at the moment, which is really good to see!)

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

Wow! I'm not sure it looked this good on release from Doncaster! An absolute credit to the team responsible.

(In fact many of the surviving 50s look fantastic at the moment, which is really good to see!)

Main works didn’t go the lengths that the preservationists do with surface preparation, which was a. shame when you were close to the locos but I guess it made sense economically. I wonder of Rodney’s been painted with modern 2 pack paint as well, which is extremely shiny and durable?

It looks fab, anyway!

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, 97406 said:

Main works didn’t go the lengths that the preservationists do with surface preparation, which was a. shame when you were close to the locos but I guess it made sense economically. I wonder of Rodney’s been painted with modern 2 pack paint as well, which is extremely shiny and durable?

It looks fab, anyway!

Paint tech has moved on quite a lot since the days of main works painting, plus a loco would only be in the paint shop for x days.

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, 45125 said:

Paint tech has moved on quite a lot since the days of main works painting, plus a loco would only be in the paint shop for x days.

Time will tell but if modern paint is so great why are some so bleached out on the working fleets,the water based paints are no match for the older oil based stuff,modern cars are no match to what was but we will see i guess.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Time will tell but if modern paint is so great why are some so bleached out on the working fleets,the water based paints are no match for the older oil based stuff,modern cars are no match to what was but we will see i guess.

I recall visiting Austria in the 1990s and the vibrant red was soon bleached out.  It was said that water based paint was the reason.  

11 hours ago, BluenGreyAnorak said:

Rodney was looking and sounding in fine form at the Mid Hants diesel gala at the weekend:

Really useful photo that.  Look at the way the light picks out the angle between the two windscreens.

Those Vulcan Foundry designers built in some complex shapes back in the day !!!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BluenGreyAnorak said:

Are there any real differences between the photo and the model as I am struggling to seen any?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

At the risk of getting ahead of myself, given batch 1 are now in production when might we get any details of a potential batch 2?  I would really like a named, unrefurbished example as still running in 1982 with plated headcode boxes for the new layout to run alongside "Plonker", which was already in large logo livery in 1982, but I would prefer an Accurascale version rather than a second hand Hornby model.

Any chance of a hint?  Will good things come to those that wait and don't get Tatbay twitchy finger syndrome?

• Accurascale staff
12 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

At the risk of getting ahead of myself, given batch 1 are now in production when might we get any details of a potential batch 2?  I would really like a named, unrefurbished example as still running in 1982 with plated headcode boxes for the new layout to run alongside "Plonker", which was already in large logo livery in 1982, but I would prefer an Accurascale version rather than a second hand Hornby model.

Any chance of a hint?  Will good things come to those that wait and don't get Tatbay twitchy finger syndrome?

Not long to wait now to be honest though we are focusing on catching up in production and getting models to patient customers before we announce all the lovely decorated samples we may or may not already have in hand ;) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I plan to have my MG TC bare metal resprayed this winter.  In discussion I said I wanted cellulose as the finish 40 years ago was so much better than the then 2 pack.  However the painter of many years standing (doing vintage Bentleys) strongly recommended modern 2 pack as cellulose has had to change so much since then and now 2 pack gives the better finish.  He also pointed out that touching up modern cellulose is almost impossible to blend in.  Technology and changes in allowable chemicals has moved the balance.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2