Fischer Modell tamper

Taigatrommel

I picked one of these up at Modell Hobby Spiel last week for €100, usual price is €119 I think.  It's a little sparse on detail tbh, and is unpowered, but sometimes one just fancies something a little different.  It would require additions to make it suitable for most of the Plasser & Theurer 07-32's British service life, but it's a good starting point.

index.jpg.3f6f6823e86a63e6888fdd749fafc9ac.jpg

tamp2.jpg.95c6217493ab4a2739be06663698fd46.jpg

tamp3.jpg.dce4a0f4c2c0e7a2dd46fb531f0630e5.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, Taigatrommel said:

I picked one of these up at Modell Hobby Spiel last week for €100, usual price is €119 I think.  It's a little sparse on detail tbh, and is unpowered, but sometimes one just fancies something a little different.  It would require additions to make it suitable for most of the Plasser & Theurer 07-32's British service life, but it's a good starting point.

index.jpg.3f6f6823e86a63e6888fdd749fafc9ac.jpg

tamp2.jpg.95c6217493ab4a2739be06663698fd46.jpg

tamp3.jpg.dce4a0f4c2c0e7a2dd46fb531f0630e5.jpg

That looks to be a straight scale-down of the old Liliput HO model.

CJI.

22 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

That looks to be a straight scale-down of the old Liliput HO model.

CJI.

Well it is the same prototype, so it should look the same, but when I saw it in the flesh, I had to check that it wasn't the Lilliput HO, because it has extremely similar production quality (but a bit smaller) or further away

Jon

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jonhall said:

Well it is the same prototype, so it should look the same, but when I saw it in the flesh, I had to check that it wasn't the Lilliput HO, because it has extremely similar production quality (but a bit smaller) or further away

Jon

One might almost think that someone had 3D scanned the HO model .........?

CJI.

22 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

One might almost think that someone had 3D scanned the HO model .........?

CJI.

I suspect they would have just sent an HO mode to the factory and said 'we want one like that but 1:120' (as at least one UK manufacturer is rumored to have done with a Lima loco - errors and all). Its a slight shame as the Lilliput model is something like 40 years old, and reflects standards of the time, although it still appears in the Bachman lineup from time to time.

Jon

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Usually the Fischer machine is powered by a chassis from the Hornby-Arnold ASF - see photo of the ASF, and see then the article in German on the conversion which I have scanned for exact details for you. Not necessarily a task for the faint-hearted! My colleague Simon has made his Fischer Gleisstopfmaschine into a moving model with a powered tool-van, using a Tillig freight van body on a railbus chassis. Metal wheels and pick-ups on the machine allow for LED lighting.

870021661_ASF2.JPG.043524e8899ac0f2247c9aebf1dd54d6.JPG

Fischers Stopfmaschine mit ASF.pdf

Edited by rekoboy
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1