'???????' YouTube video at noon on 10th October

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

You can only get that if you get what it is first. I'm not even sure if the announcement will be at the time given on the YouTube countdown but if it is made I've deduced the tenuous choice of that. I'll explain, if necessary, after the event.

an Oh so important 80 mins... 

• RMweb Gold

10th October was the date of the Rainhill Trials in 1829, so it's either the weird horse powered roller skate on rails, or a brand new Class 86/2 painted up in the Liverpool and Manchester ice cream van livery as "Novelty" and "Sans Pareil".

I wonder if they will attempt to repair their relationship with their retailers first.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

10th October was the date of the Rainhill Trials in 1829, so it's either the weird horse powered roller skate on rails, or a brand new Class 86/2 painted up in the Liverpool and Manchester ice cream van livery as "Novelty" and "Sans Pareil".

I wonder if they will attempt to repair their relationship with their retailers first.

It was certainly one of the days the trials were held on, but I've been unable to work out exactly what happened on the 10th. 

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Stentor said:

I believe that this is going to be a “TTS” version of a steam generator.

So it will consist of a TTS sound chip and a linked smoke generator, using the same smoke generating technique as vaping. If you’ve ever sat behind a Corsa at traffic lights then you’ll know just how much smoke vaping can produce.

They will call it “TTSteam” or something like that.

It will retail for around the £99 price point although knowing Hornby it might be nearer £129.

myself and another bloke where chatting to SK about this, there are no plans for a separate steam generator.  he highlighted many issues with loco's going back to Hornby after end users had truley messed up fitting tts chips. He said far too many variations in loco's, places to fit it etc. His words where, let it settle down first pre-fitted, let the product mature and then they will see. 
i wonder if its a new class 50, surely they wont want to lose that as well as well the 56 and 31.

1 minute ago, StuAllen said:

I thought I saw and advert yesterday morning on facebook or twitter for a Flying Scotsman with a steam generator, I wasn’t  really paying attention so scrolled passed it but now I can’t find the advert…

Already announced.

https://uk.Hornby.com/products/br-a3-class-flying-scotsman-steam-generator-diecast-footplate-flickering-firebox-era-4-r3991ss

• Funny 1

6 hours ago, AY Mod said:

You can only get that if you get what it is first. I'm not even sure if the announcement will be at the time given on the YouTube countdown but if it is made I've deduced the tenuous choice of that. I'll explain, if necessary, after the event.

What's a couple of minutes between friends....? 😉

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

locomotion no 1 ?

10th October 1825, first scheduled passenger services on the Stockton and Darlington ? 

10th October was also the first CIWL Orient Express service, opening of Barmouth Bridge and the Pulborough extension of LBSCR.

odd ball, 10th October 1948 A4 60020 was supposed to be named “Dominion of Pakistan”.

Edited by adb968008

29 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Looked at Wiki for what happened on the 10th of October

1580 – Over 600 Papal troops land in Ireland to support the Second Desmond Rebellion.

There you go. The return of Desmond!

R779_1579894_Qty1_1.jpg

https://www.hattons.co.uk/66126/hornby_r779_0_4_0_saddle_tank_locomotive_desmond_7/stockdetail

Yes with a free blu ray disc featuring interviews recorded in 2022 of the 1980 Hornby catalogue family.

20201219_221415.jpg

• Funny 1

23 minutes ago, Corbs said:

Ivatt 2MT 2-6-0, since they've already done the Riddles 2MT they likely share chassis/mechanism etc.
Probably with one done as 'Blossom'.

Screenshot 2022-10-09 at 22.06.31.png

Screenshot 2022-10-09 at 22.06.40.png

Screenshot 2022-10-09 at 22.06.48.png

'Atley, 'Atley, 'Atley. Get off here for 'Atley!

I remember a bloke at the SVR shouted that for years after the programme had finished.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Steamport Southport said:

'Atley, 'Atley, 'Atley. Get off here for 'Atley!

I remember a bloke at the SVR shouted that for years after the programme had finished.

Maybe no-one told him he wasn't going to get paid every time he did it?

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, kernowtim said:

Lionel make an O gauge nuclear power Station reactor.. 

Is that one of those mini nuclear power plants that the government is going to rely for our energy needs?😉

I wonder how much power you could get from a real 0 gauge reactor?

You cracked it! Hornby makes a welcome return of the clock work train. Perfect for those power cuts we are expecting this winter....

12 hours ago, RyanN91 said:

Yes with a free blu ray disc featuring interviews recorded in 2022 of the 1980 Hornby catalogue family.

20201219_221415.jpg

Edited by JSpencer
  • Funny 3