SWAG'23. RMweb Members Day.

NHY 581

• RMweb Gold
On 24/01/2023 at 09:53, NHY 581 said:

Indeed. We welcome any who exhibit facial hair, regardless of gender. 

Rob. 

The problem with exhibiting facial hair is that, whether prototypical or not, people always expect to see something moving.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, melmoth said:

The problem with exhibiting facial hair is that, whether prototypical or not, people always expect to see something moving.

I think that applied to the first iteration of the light railway layout 'Ruyton Road'. I'm sure the owner said he used bits of his beard as the basis for the bramble bushes!

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Gedward said:

...Couldn't have been, as I wasn't even there. 😀

Note to self, buy more biscuits for George...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

Chaps,

Looking at the above photos of last years event, there seems to be a  shortage of LOUD shirts.

Was this due to inclement weather in North Africa and the Med?

Rob R

(desparately rummaging through the local charity shops for suitably LOUD clothing....)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mr Sheepmiester Sir,

Would it be at all possible to publish the latest, most up-to-date,  nearest-to-reality floor plan for the Great Event?

One has to consider what additional space may be required...

Merci bucket.

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Mr Sheepmiester Sir,

Would it be at all possible to publish the latest, most up-to-date,  nearest-to-reality floor plan for the Great Event?

One has to consider what additional space may be required...

Merci bucket.

Morning Stu..

I haven't got one. I do need to look at it agsin in light of a couple of changes. Work out what you need and give me a ring a bit later. Still on my first cup of coffee so things are more woolly than normal. 

In any case, if I try and do one at the moment it will get eaten. 

Rob. 

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

I'm pleased to announce that Mudmagnet will be coming along with his range of 3D printed goodies. 

Richard has supported SWAG both as a visitor and exhibiting, most recently Orchard Road last year. 

This year he returns as Mudmagnet Models. 

His goodies are here; 

https://mudmagnet-models.sumupstore.com/products

Contact him ahead of the show if there's anything you fancy. 

Rob. 

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

With Richard joining us, a revised batting order emerges from the pavillion. 

Layouts

Yelverton - Alex { Wiggoforgold} brings us his delightful rendition of Yelverton, as running in the summer of 1958. His scratchbuilt buildings, faithful to prototype are a joy to behold in their own right. { 4mm 00 gauge }

Bethesda Sidings-Tim { Captain Kernow } Tim has created a beautiful Cameoesque tribute to the byways and backwaters of Welsh border country.   { 4mm 00F/S }

Trowland- Rob { Rob R } Rob now has custody of Trevor Nunn's East Anglian masterpiece. Constructed in S scale, one could almost say that this is a pre-pre-grouping layout. A small corner of the North Norfolk coast from 19th Century....... { 1/64 scale }

William Smiths Wharf-Jerry { Queensquare } Champion of all things 2mm F/S, Jerry brings Williams Smith's Wharf to SWAG and will be demonstrating just how practical a proposition modelling in 2mm finescale really is. { 2mm F/S }

The Hollow. Stu. { Stubby 47 }  Stu's latest 009 adventure. A  small narrow gauge roundy roundy showcasing Stu's undoubted abilities as a builder of fine buildings. Have a good look and take the opportunity to chat to Stu about any bespoke  or adapted kit built buildings he could provide you with for your own projects. ....................{4mm 009 }

St. Martin-sur-Or- { 10800 } Rod produces his  French odyssey based on a disused ex-Midi secondary line in South West France. Features overhead Catenary, mechanical signals and more than a few croissant crumbs. { 3.5 mm HO }  

Shwt-John. { Johndc120 } A study in end of line dereliction beautifully presented in EM gauge. Expect real flavour of a 1960s line just clinging on...... { 4mm EM Gauge } 

Fryers Lane -Mark. { Mark Forrest } Arising from the ashes of the Scalefour Society's Standard Gauge Workbench initiative and now much expanded, this layout will showcase Sectorised British Rail in the relatively recent past. Positively Modern Image !  { 4mm 00/P4 or something inbetween gauge }

Llandafal- George Haylock has popped up at a couple of shows in South Wales this year and has kindly accepted an invite to bring his take on a GWR BLT, Cameostyle.  If you thought you didn't have room for a BLT, think again. It's George's first layout by the way..........{ 4mm 00 gauge }

Demos. Some nice types have "volunteered " to share their methods and will be awaiting your questions on the day.............

Chris { Gilbert } will be showing us a few bits and bobs. A bit of weathering and some alternative methods of coupling will be to the fore. Lurking in the background will be his East Anglian Cameo layout, Lockdown Drove as an added bonus. 

Jamie { Southern Region Steam } will be along offering advice on photography. In addition, if you have a particular favourite loco, building or item of rolling stock, Jamie will be happy to photograph them on the day. 

Martyn { Mullie } will be have the latest addition to his East Anglian odyssey, Upbech Quay on hand and will also be available to discuss how he achieves the beautifully subdued colours on his layouts. 

Bring and Buy

Closer to the day we will be inviting anyone who has surplus items to put them into the established Bring and Buy Bazaar. A proportion of the proceeds from each sale will go to the Charity of choice. Please start looking on those shelves and in those cabinets for anything you'd like to move on.  

Catering

Of course SWAG wouldn't be SWAG without the promise of Pasties and Cakes and rest assured these will be readily available on the day courtesy of the highly skilled crack catering department. 

As ever, all proceeds raised will go to our charity of choice. 

Trader support. 

There may be more but please give some thought to anything you might want to be able to pick up from the traders on the day. Contact them prior to and arrange to collect on the day. 

Lord and Butler. 

247 Developments. 

Mudmagnet Models. 

Edited by NHY 581
Change to Stubby's entry.
  • Like 6
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Fryers Lane -Mark. { Mark Forrest } Arising from the ashes of the Scalefour Society's Standard Gauge Workbench initiative and now much expanded, this layout will showcase Sectorised British Rail in the relatively recent past. Positively Modern Image !  { 4mm 00 gauge }

I'd better get on with regauging the track and stock, I've gone and built it in P4 by mistake 😉

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Mark Forrest said:

I'd better get on with regauging the track and stock, I've gone and built it in P4 by mistake 😉

You should l00k P4 you jump...

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Mark Forrest said:

I see. Troublemaker. 

FVR62lPXoAA_MQo.jpeg-01.jpeg.32172aa7579162ea9bc98e788dc59ea3.jpeg

Edited by NHY 581
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

I'm pleased to announce that Mudmagnet will be coming along with his range of 3D printed goodies. 

Richard has supported SWAG both as a visitor and exhibiting, most recently Orchard Road last year. 

This year he returns as Mudmagnet Models. 

His goodies are here; 

https://mudmagnet-models.sumupstore.com/products

Contact him ahead of the show if there's anything you fancy. 

Rob. 

Thanks Rob.

I'm working on lots of new projects, some will be ready soon and then more ready for SWAG.

Always a very enjoyable day.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

With Richard joining us, a revised batting order emerges from the pavillion. 

Layouts

Yelverton - Alex { Wiggoforgold} brings us his delightful rendition of Yelverton, as running in the summer of 1958. His scratchbuilt buildings, faithful to prototype are a joy to behold in their own right. { 4mm 00 gauge }

Bethesda Sidings-Tim { Captain Kernow } Tim has created a beautiful Cameoesque tribute to the byways and backwaters of Welsh border country.   { 4mm 00F/S }

Trowland- Rob { Rob R } Rob now has custody of Trevor Nunn's East Anglian masterpiece. Constructed in S scale, one could almost say that this is a pre-pre-grouping layout. A small corner of the North Norfolk coast from 19th Century....... { 1/64 scale }

William Smiths Wharf-Jerry { Queensquare } Champion of all things 2mm F/S, Jerry brings Williams Smith's Wharf to SWAG and will be demonstrating just how practical a proposition modelling in 2mm finescale really is. { 2mm F/S }

Newham. Stu. { Stubby 47 }  Stu's latest 009 adventure. A riverside set small station and goods yard serving the Port of Truro. History shows this to have been built as a standard gauge line, but what if they had decided on narrow gauge....................{4mm 009 }

St. Martin-sur-Or- { 10800 } Rod produces his  French odyssey based on a disused ex-Midi secondary line in South West France. Features overhead Catenary, mechanical signals and more than a few croissant crumbs. { 3.5 mm HO }  

Shwt-John. { Johndc120 } A study in end of line dereliction beautifully presented in EM gauge. Expect real flavour of a 1960s line just clinging on...... { 4mm EM Gauge } 

Fryers Lane -Mark. { Mark Forrest } Arising from the ashes of the Scalefour Society's Standard Gauge Workbench initiative and now much expanded, this layout will showcase Sectorised British Rail in the relatively recent past. Positively Modern Image !  { 4mm 00 gauge }

Llandafal- George Haylock has popped up at a couple of shows in South Wales this year and has kindly accepted an invite to bring his take on a GWR BLT, Cameostyle.  If you thought you didn't have room for a BLT, think again. It's George's first layout by the way..........{ 4mm 00 gauge }

Demos. Some nice types have "volunteered " to share their methods and will be awaiting your questions on the day.............

Chris { Gilbert } will be showing us a few bits and bobs. A bit of weathering and some alternative methods of coupling will be to the fore. Lurking in the background will be his East Anglian Cameo layout, Lockdown Drove as an added bonus. 

Jamie { Southern Region Steam } will be along offering advice on photography. In addition, if you have a particular favourite loco, building or item of rolling stock, Jamie will be happy to photograph them on the day. 

Martyn { Mullie } will be have the latest addition to his East Anglian odyssey, Upbech Quay on hand and will also be available to discuss how he achieves the beautifully subdued colours on his layouts. 

Bring and Buy

Closer to the day we will be inviting anyone who has surplus items to put them into the established Bring and Buy Bazaar. A proportion of the proceeds from each sale will go to the Charity of choice. Please start looking on those shelves and in those cabinets for anything you'd like to move on.  

Catering

Of course SWAG wouldn't be SWAG without the promise of Pasties and Cakes and rest assured these will be readily available on the day courtesy of the highly skilled crack catering department. 

As ever, all proceeds raised will go to our charity of choice. 

Trader support. 

There may be more but please give some thought to anything you might want to be able to pick up from the traders on the day. Contact them prior to and arrange to collect on the day. 

Lord and Butler. 

247 Developments. 

Mudmagnet Models. 

Ahem, you forgot to mention that I'll be there too. Plus I'll have one of the loud shirt fleet on. Not demonstrating or bringing a layout but allegedly helping on a mixed gauge 00/P4 layout.  

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

allegedly helping on a mixed gauge 00/P4 layout.  

If it's the one I'm thinking of, you'll have your work cut out. 

Buckle up Buttercup. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, 

This weekend's layout is Llandafal by George Haylock. 

Llandafal is George's first layout and it cropped up last year at a few exhibitions in South Wales. 

311664256_507313894742926_4585977574081546436_n.jpg.ef6600978a27382a03ae10bfd5004e6c.jpg

George is an accomplished model maker and offers a professional weathering service as well as building quite lovely military models. 

292005695_490173152909924_3340452919663422658_n-1.jpg.3a49b7c62b80e8767a344c1fd1187c21.jpg

The overall finish on the layout is excellent, demonstrating how there is much to learn from the military modelling folk.

273953946_486455069794622_1478238017274252038_n.jpg.7957ae997d6c8f68fff45a10fb05704b.jpg

His figures are exquisite and have been featured by Modelu. 

292108185_581783210261807_7602785098160996216_n.jpg.db700e7be6130d8accea19d8bcf2014e.jpg

292082279_490173112909928_2424155930013751218_n.jpg.16084da51734be0659bc97738ba014e7.jpg

If there was any doubt in your mind that you couldn't accomodate a BLT then think again. Well worth a look. 

More about George here...

https://www.liverycompanywales.cymru/downloads/210222-stage-award-winner-george-haylock.pdf

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

This weekend's layout is Llandafal by George Haylock. 

Llandafal is George's first layout and it cropped up last year at a few exhibitions in South Wales. 

311664256_507313894742926_4585977574081546436_n.jpg.ef6600978a27382a03ae10bfd5004e6c.jpg

George is an accomplished model maker and offers a professional weathering service as well as building quite lovely military models. 

292005695_490173152909924_3340452919663422658_n-1.jpg.3a49b7c62b80e8767a344c1fd1187c21.jpg

The overall finish on the layout is excellent, demonstrating how there is much to learn from the military modelling folk.

273953946_486455069794622_1478238017274252038_n.jpg.7957ae997d6c8f68fff45a10fb05704b.jpg

His figures are exquisite and have been featured by Modelu. 

292108185_581783210261807_7602785098160996216_n.jpg.db700e7be6130d8accea19d8bcf2014e.jpg

292082279_490173112909928_2424155930013751218_n.jpg.16084da51734be0659bc97738ba014e7.jpg

If there was any doubt in your mind that you couldn't accomodate a BLT then think again. Well worth a look. 

More about George here...

https://www.liverycompanywales.cymru/downloads/210222-stage-award-winner-george-haylock.pdf

Rob. 

Superb. 

Jay

• Agree 2