Mark 1 56ft 11" Suburban Coaches inn OO/4mm, By Accurascale

22 hours ago, Halvarras said:

I meant to say - wow! Just.......wow! 

Does anyone else remember when Tri-ang Hornby thought crudely moulding one-piece coach interiors in inappropriate colours such as sky blue and white was good enough? This suddenly makes that bygone era feel considerably more bygone........best to not think about that too much and just admire the decor 😉!

They are brilliant. It's worth of course remembering that when Triang added seats to coaches it was a considerable advance - until then RTR items had no interiors, apart from the recently introduced (and expensive) Hornby Dublo 'super detail' coaches. The presence of such seats on lowly Triang models was even added to the labels ('...with interior fittings') and you could buy the seat mouldings separately to add to your older coaches.

The garish colours sometimes used in the later 60s were because the interiors were on occasions moulded using overstocks of plastic polystyrene granules from other Triang products - for example, pink from the Pedigree doll production line.

Edited by andyman7
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

I grew up in Hemel Hempstead in the early to mid sixties when the Euston to Bletchley stoppers consisted of half a dozen or so coaches with a class 24 on the front.

From fallible memory, these trains were usually made up of ex LMS Stanier stock with non-gangwayed coaches at the Euston end, with some gangwayed ones at the Bletchley end - we always made a bee-line for the latter when going to London.

Now, the question is, did BR Mk 1 suburban stock ever feature in these trains?  Any photographic or other evidence would be gratefully received to help justify the purchase of an Accurascale model or two.

Nick.

Edited by Wuggie Norple
Clarification

1 hour ago, andyman7 said:

The garish colours sometimes used in the later 60s were because the interiors were sometimes moulded using overstocks of plastic polystyrene granules from other Triang products - for example, pink from the Pedigree doll production line.

That possibility had occurred to me (as Dapol has done the same - maybe still do the same - with the ex-Airfix kits).

I don't personally recall any pink interiors though 😲! - perhaps I was just lucky.....

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

I don't personally recall any pink interiors though 😲! - perhaps I was just lucky.....

Then you were fortunate - they were far from uncommon! 😝

CJI.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Wuggie Norple said:

I grew up in Hemel Hempstead in the early to mid sixties when the Euston to Bletchley stoppers consisted of half a dozen or so coaches with a class 24 on the front.

From fallible memory, these trains were usually made up of ex LMS Stanier stock with non-gangwayed coaches at the Euston end, with some gangwayed ones at the Bletchley end - we always made a bee-line for the latter when going to London.

Now, the question is, did BR Mk 1 suburban stock ever feature in these trains?  Any photographic or other evidence would be gratefully received to help justify the purchase of an Accurascale model or two.

Nick.

Most pics seem to show ex LMS compartment stock but this pic at Northampton of a commuter working has Mk1 suburban brake next to loco

FMCCS494 D5031 Northampton

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • Accurascale staff
17 hours ago, StuAllen said:

Well I got my invoice today for my BR Tool Van version, not long now

we expect the container to land at the warehouse in the next 6 to 7 days

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

12 minutes ago, McC said:

we expect the container to land at the warehouse in the next 6 to 7 days

You have drone Containers now?

Well that will speed up deliveries, I hope they don't fly too close to the Eastern front, might be mistaken for something more sinister.

• Funny 3

On 13/09/2024 at 15:30, woodenhead said:

You have drone Containers now?

Well that will speed up deliveries, I hope they don't fly too close to the Eastern front, might be mistaken for something more sinister.

No, they've trained birds to do the deliveries. I believe that they used Condors....