Kaninchenbau Running

WIMorrison

Here is a video showing Kaninchenbau, which is the exhibition part of my home layout running as it would when at an exhibition.

It has now been exhibited at several exhibitions and at the last one it was switched on at 08:00 and then switched off at 17:30 and in between those times all I did was talk and drink many cups of tea! It was wonderful being able to explain to people what automation is all about and demonstrate the running without needing to constantly check the layout, change turnouts and stop or start trains (like people have to do on conventional layouts 😀)

I hope you enjoy it, if you would like me to bring the layout along to your exhibition please message me or email kaninchenbau2020@gmail.com

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Saw your layout in photos of Railex Fareham after Granddaughter said she wants me to take her there next year.  I have a feeling she would enjoy this layout.

Do you have any exhibition invites in the Southampton area (for her) or further north (for me)?

Paul.

Paul,

This year I will be at Newbury on 28th Oct (Newbury Model Railway Club (newburymrc.co.uk)) and then Warley. I expect to start next year with Astolat in Guildford on 21st January.

Keith Tucker also took video footage of the layout at Fareham and that should be on YouTube in a few days. Meantime this shows it running at Statfold a few weeks ago. Kainchenbau at 50th Anniversary

If you make it to any of these please say hello.

Iain

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@BR Blue If you, or anyone else, is coming to Warley then we can have a chat at Stand E53 where I will have Kaninchenbau running as part of the 009 Society 50th Anniversary display of narrow gauge layouts - there will be some simply outstanding layouts on display, well worth leaving the standard gauge offerings to see what can be achieved with narrow gauge 😊

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

@BR Blue If you, or anyone else, is coming to Warley then we can have a chat at Stand E53 where I will have Kaninchenbau running as part of the 009 Society 50th Anniversary display of narrow gauge layouts - there will be some simply outstanding layouts on display, well worth leaving the standard gauge offerings to see what can be achieved with narrow gauge 😊

I will be there. A bit more advance since we last spoken. Just about to start baseboards. You advised me to get the layout running well before starting on automation. I have made provision for it but will get things running well before I start setting up iTrains etc. See you in Warley.