1:76 Bedford OB

rapidoandy

• Rapido staff
20 hours ago, mclong said:

Sufficient Power Magazine cover mentions Lodekka's and Sentinel six legger, does this mean Rapido's next bus will be a Bristol Lodekka, and Sentinel steam lorries are coming too.  

or maybe it was the graphic designer trying to think of risqué/laddish sub-headings.... Who knows?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Lovin' the Pearce and Crump job.....

Cowin' lush......izznit, look ewe. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, RapidoCorbs said:

LAST CALL for Bedford OB guaranteed pre-orders!

Our order book closes Friday 28th March so if you want to make sure you get a Bedford OB, please place your order by then.

Here's the link:

https://rapidotrains.co.uk/bedford-ob/

bedford-OB-deadline-1.jpg.2059f903e8df6e862a408d6fc6a158a0.jpg

28th April presumably. As I already have one on order can I ask what happened about figures - I seem to recall that the were going to be in the original train pack, but then got dropped from that - is there going to be a separate figure pack?

• Rapido staff
2 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

28th April presumably. As I already have one on order can I ask what happened about figures - I seem to recall that the were going to be in the original train pack, but then got dropped from that - is there going to be a separate figure pack?

Someone was paying attention! Now corrected.

The figures are in the deluxe train pack. There was a bit of back and forth before but they are going to be in the DCC sound pack.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Rapido seem to have gone distinctly quiet about the Bedford OB. And so apparently has everyone else - we’ve only had one comment, from 5Dublo2, in a whole year!

Newsletter 43 dated 19 April says the OBs are about  3 weeks behind the Fleetlines, which suggests factory completion in early June. It would be nice to see photos of decorated samples in the next newsletter ….. please!

John S

• 1 month later...

Transferred my pre-order from Hattons to Rails (I hope), but the latter has a rather indefinite means of booking it.

Real reason for this post is today I looked for a potential delivery date as we're going away and don't want to miss the mail from Rails requesting payment (not taking a phone with me to get ripped off with roaming charges). Rapido site is most unhelpful in that the OB fails to rate a mention in the production schedule, on the dedicated product page, and any newsletter beyond April - the last one available on the website.

An update would be much appreciated, please?

• 2 months later...

I was stunned when I realised how small the extra lights are. It's a beautiful model, though I'm really glad the Titfield model never had the tail lights, far too small to even think about. I wonder though if you could just get away with little paint dots. 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Can any of us post their own photos of Rapido’s Bedford OB bus, please?  I’d be interested to see them ‘working’ on folks’ railways, and see how they look in situ. 

John Storey