Building a 1366T in 7mm - And we're off

Guest WM183

Guest WM183

Welp. I have made the first cut. And the second. Ahem.

The hornways have been cut in the frames of the Majestic models 1366T kit. I will compensate the front two axles with a "flexchas" arrangement, and drive the fixed rear axle - simples! Well. I hope. The chassis will be soldered with new spacers, though I may also leave the rear turned spacer in place simply because 1) it's easy, and 2) you can't see it anyway. I need to turn a set of jig axles up - I do not have a set in 7mm! I am unsure where to get them, but I mean, I *do* have a lathe, so no big deal.  I will be making a new set of rods, so will set the hornguides with those. The kit rods... I mean, they're bad. They're just bad. 

The Slater's hornguides and bearings are nice and easy to assemble, but I do have a question - on a flexchas, I do not use the springs, do I? I just let the weight of the chassis provide the downward forces required, yes?

I will get a running engine, or I will get a bunch of experience and reuse the wheels, hornblocks and guides, motor, etc., and not be out much!

Amanda

Guest WM183

The chassis has been assembled, and I have decided where to install what in the way of spacers. The fixed axle has been tested and is a nice floating fit, and spins freely!

t9t74O3.jpg