Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

On 14/09/2024 at 17:47, 45125 said:

Many things can alter the noise an engine will make, who set the thing up, is it new/tired condition, exhaust system, inlet system etc. As the co owner of a 12LDA28B powered loco that has a modified exhaust system it is a lot quieter than some of its unmodified sisters.

Absolutely right.  I must admit I never really followed which 45s were "quiter" than others, but Dad always told me he had a run back from Bristol to Brum back in the 1960s and swore the "peak" sounded like a jubilee.  I dismissed what he said as "rose tinted ears" for years and years, then all of a sudden  D4 popped up a couple of years ago with it's "demodified" phasing gears to its power unit.  All of a sudden it's 12LD28 sounded very much more like two 6LD28s bolted together, and markedly different from the 12LDA28s I remember from the1980s.  It is really good to hear what the custodians of D4 have done.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krieghoff said:

I am absolutely itching got get my hands on my 5 that I've ordered. I have two of the blue ones on order and these photos only serve to make me more eager to get my mitts on them and get them on the layout. 

They just look superb and whilst i have a railfreight red stripe on order with another competitor, im sure that the Accurascale model will be the definitive class 30/31.  

I have 3 on order and really cannot wait either. It was these machines that got me hooked. Standing at the foot of Thetford footbridge at rail height watching these Norwich - Birmingham New Street, pull away on full thrash as a 6 year old kid was awe inspiring 😀 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

In the cabinet at Darlington show

IMG_0645[1].JPG

IMG_0644[1].JPG

IMG_0643[1].JPG

They look excellent, really whetting the appetite. I spy a green machine next to them, did you get any photos of those by any chance? 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, NXEA! said:

They look excellent, really whetting the appetite. I spy a green machine next to them, did you get any photos of those by any chance? 

They were slotted in tight together, I did perhaps when I was at last show at NEC if you look back on thread

• Thanks 1

Looks like just a couple more weeks wait till they arrive and 432 lands at her new home. 

Also looking forward to seeing the samples of the railfreight one I also have on order when they arrive, I’m not going all in but from what I’ve seen so far the 31 COULD well be the new benchmark model. 

IMG_4711.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I've ordered none of them so far, but I probably will order one from a retailer.

I'm not particularly excited about it, but it will probably be nice to have it.

I can wait for it to be delivered.

Well, after reading that I feel so much better.  ‘Marvin’ springs to mind for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• Accurascale staff
2 minutes ago, Mark said:

Any news on the drop in wheel-sets for these?

we are doing final testing and fitting evaluations at the moment to ensure they will be in stock in the next week or so for customers who would like them shipped with their locomotives

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

we are doing final testing and fitting evaluations at the moment to ensure they will be in stock in the next week or so for customers who would like them shipped with their locomotives

So the locos are really that close, then?

Bring on one of my all time favourite locomotives. I have a total of 5 on order and i cant wait. They look the part and capture the very essence of the class from the nose to the tail (so to speak). 
i remember my old Hornby offerings with the belt driven fan (which i still have) and i thought they were superb. 

The accurascale offering is on a totally different planet and im really glad they have negotiated the troubled waters in view of the current escalating events 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, McC said:

Boat lands in less than a week (finally)!

Didn't say where !!

Joking - hopefully!!

A N Other manufacturer has had a head start because of this protracted delay - let's hope you can catch up and regain the high ground.

The other will definitely be a quality product, so life will get a lot more interesting very quickly!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

• RMweb Gold

Certainly the Accurascale examples with full yellow ends look bob on compared to to the other 31, especially the area above the windscreens, plus the glazing is less prismatic. I have 2 blue’uns about to arrive, so I’m looking forward to them being delivered.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Didn't say where !!

Joking - hopefully!!

A N Other manufacturer has had a head start because of this protracted delay - let's hope you can catch up and regain the high ground.

The other will definitely be a quality product, so life will get a lot more interesting very quickly!!

Al.

Interesting to note your post is signed AI. There's certainly a distinct ring of A.I. about it. 

Are you sure you clicked on all the boxes with traffic lights in them ? 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
Correcting the auto correct fascist.
  • Funny 2

35 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Interesting to note your post is signed AI. There's certainly a distinct ring of A.I. about it. 

Are you sure you clicked on all the boxes with traffic lights in them ? 

Rob

Since this 'modern technology' has become dominant in the modern communications and development system, my 'familiar name' has indeed become very popular!!

(Perhaps the site should permit other fonts to be used / applied to avoid this very same confusion!!)

Al.

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Since this 'modern technology' has become dominant in the modern communications and development system, my 'familiar name' has indeed become very popular!!

A.l.

That's what a robot would say...........

9 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

So once they've been sent out the mods should lock this thread?

Nah, it needs to be kept open for the second, third, fourth and so on batches!

As has been proven with the multiple pages of livery froth, there are a plethora of exotic options and variants to choose from to keep the tooling suite busy for a long time yet! And plenty of the more mundane options too, which I'm pretty sure would be very welcome too!

Cheers

J