Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

• Accurascale staff
23 minutes ago, mikesndbs said:

Where in the instructions does it say about this useful feature of removing the roof panel? I've had the body off every time to fix and adjust. Can you tell me how to get it off, seems tight and I don't want to scratch it, thanks :)

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 13.38.31.png

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, mikesndbs said:

Where in the instructions does it say about this useful feature of removing the roof panel? I've had the body off every time to fix and adjust. Can you tell me how to get it off, seems tight and I don't want to scratch it, thanks :)

I used a little black tack or masking tape to lift the panel off.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

10 minutes ago, IOW O2 said:

On Gaugemaster simulation controller moving off with throttle at 75 and then brake slowly released it cuts in quite slowly and only reaches full spin when brake is at 75%, by then fan is out of site anyway.  When slowing down reverse effect I like it, but really fast if on normal control.

Only in the parts diagram I used some sprung pilers on the roof handles

roof.jpg

OO they strong enough for that, obviously I guess lol thanks,

Interesting your findings about the fan speed, I'm using a GM model D and it was horrible, got a fix in place that costs 5p and a bit of solder lol

• RMweb Gold

I think I've already asked this back up the thread about the master volume CV, but can anyone confirm if it's CV63, as per other Loksound decoders? I'd like to turn it down a bit before the neighbours start complaining.

• RMweb Premium

I have received my 31432 and I was stunned by the realistic lighting levels, perfect level of glow from the domino marker lights! Never had a better RTR diesel model before.

• Like 2

• Accurascale staff
1 minute ago, mikesndbs said:

I'm venturing into something I hate, FITTING buffer beam details lol

31 409 1982  (ish) has anyone come up with a nice big colour reference photo to guide me please?

Screenshot 2024-10-18 at 14.15.37.png

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

27 minutes ago, Geep7 said:

I think I've already asked this back up the thread about the master volume CV, but can anyone confirm if it's CV63, as per other Loksound decoders? I'd like to turn it down a bit before the neighbours start complaining.

Yes it is.

Max is set to 192.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mikesndbs said:

OMG lol 

I added the detailing pack the other day. There were 2 missing pieces from the detailing pack, so was considering contacting the support team to see if there's a way for me to get them. Overall though I'm happy with it and happy I added them.

This is 31432

PXL_20241016_144635122.jpg

Edited by Jay M
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, Jay M said:

I added the detailing pack the other day. There were 2 missing pieces from the detailing pack, so was considering contacting the support team to see if there's a way for me to get them. Overall though I'm happy with it and happy I added them.

This is 31432

Is it possible to fit 2 or 3 piece ploughs after all that?

Looking to detail my 31128 which for real has a full compliment of pipes as well as ploughs fitted even today, just not sure if it will all fit?

Edited by classy52

1 hour ago, McC said:

Any models that wore ploughs, have the preparations made. Models that didn't, don't, but you still get both plough types as a freebie in the accessory bag. 

Thank you McC, however from all pictures I've seen 31128 has the 3 way ploughs at the number one end & just the left & right side ones at the number 2 end so shouldn't there be holes ready drilled into place with that in mind please?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, classy52 said:

I'll just check for you. I don't believe mine has the gaps to fit them, but I'll see if I can at least hold the 3 piece where it's needed. Pretty sure someone here mentioned that there were 2 or so pipes that wouldn't be used along with the plough in working life though

Edited by Jay M
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Looking to detail my 31128 which for real has a full compliment of pipes as well as ploughs fitted even today, just not sure if it will all fit?

Each of the individual plough pieces have arrived like this, in 2 pieces rather than in a singular piece that I had with my 37. However, I don't see it being major issue to fit those bits, even after I've added the pipework. Some bits may be a bit tricky, but not impossible 

PXL_20241018_134727675.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Not an 'unfair question'.

To anyone who has both, what are the weights of the A/Scale and Bachmann class 31's?

Thanks,

Al.

5 hours ago, MikeParkin65 said:

According to RM the Bachmann SFX version weighs 534G

I saw a video which said the Accurascale one was 454g for sound fitted. I haven't weighed my own...

44 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

Thank you McC, however from all pictures I've seen 31128 has the 3 way ploughs at the number one end & just the left & right side ones at the number 2 end so shouldn't there be holes ready drilled into place with that in mind please?

31128 over the last few years has had both 2 and 3 ploughs at both ends. From 2021, when I presume they have modelled it on, it tends to be just the two at each end. Loads of pics on Flickr if you search for "31128 2021". Looks to me like they had 3 on both ends in 2020, removed the middle piece from the exhaust end before they removed it from the fan end.

In 2024, with white rails on the end, it has had both 2 and 3 ploughs at both ends at the NYMR.

However, I'd have liked to have been able to fit all 3, so I do agree with you.

Here's mine all detailed up now:

20241018_150438.jpg.012b2549da790abe6e5fd2a47a87ce66.jpg

A few examples, all from 2020/1 (not my pics, click links for credits etc):

Rare pairing 31128 0Z31 Clay Cross 17.11.2021 Nemesis Rail Depot 31128 And 55019 Passing Hunslet In Leeds

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 10

• Accurascale staff
23 minutes ago, Jay M said:

Each of the individual plough pieces have arrived like this, in 2 pieces rather than in a singular piece that I had with my 37. However, I don't see it being major issue to fit those bits, even after I've added the pipework. Some bits may be a bit tricky, but not impossible 

PXL_20241018_134727675.jpg

You should have a three-piece and a single piece. Allowing maximum options.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, McC said:

You should have a three-piece and a single piece. Allowing maximum options.

Oh yeah, I do. I meant more the plough part and the black bracket for it. With my Class 37 the plough parts had the black brackets already attached

• RMweb Premium

Picked up 31409 from Arcadia Rail.  Tim tested it before purchase to make sure it runs well, which it does.

Were the white stripes applied at Manchester or Finsbury Park? I remember them on the peak passenger trains round Manchester.

IMG_2456.jpeg.18621f6b65d59947352693c0fbd35039.jpeg

IMG_2455.jpeg.ec6e12f4a164d142fc54f1ab2ade903c.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jay M said:

This is 31432

That's lovely the holes were in different places on some of mine or just not there, however I'm only going to do one end my blood pressure won't stand any more, felt like an elephant wearing boxing gloves trying to wipe its bum with a piece of confetti 

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, ColinK said:

Picked up 31409 from Arcadia Rail.  Tim tested it before purchase to make sure it runs well, which it does.

Were the white stripes applied at Manchester or Finsbury Park? I remember them on the peak passenger trains round Manchester.

IMG_2456.jpeg.18621f6b65d59947352693c0fbd35039.jpeg

IMG_2455.jpeg.ec6e12f4a164d142fc54f1ab2ade903c.jpeg

June 80 - May 81 FB then again Feb 83 - May 86 at Immingham 

• Thanks 1