Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

34 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I’d have to research as well as comb back through this thread, but I think the roofs are effectively swapped between 402 and 409. 402 carried a white stripe so in theory it’s an easy amendment to carefully remove the 9 with some white spirit, using masking tape over the numbers and other printed details to be kept and stick a 2 in its place. Seal with a little satin acrylic varnish.

I wouldn't say it was an easy job ! Especially if you haven't got an airbrush. And in my experience doing an individual number never matches the font or finish of the original so I always replace the lot.... and these days I'm avoiding waterslide.

Also I wouldn't let masking tape near it when removing the numerals as if you're a bit generous with sploshing the white spirit on then it gets sucked under the tape and all sorts of issues and fun could happen. Not sure of the blue AS has used but it could be tricky to paint match.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, dj_crisp said:

I wouldn't say it was an easy job ! Especially if you haven't got an airbrush. And in my experience doing an individual number never matches the font or finish of the original so I always replace the lot.... and these days I'm avoiding waterslide.

Also I wouldn't let masking tape near it when removing the numerals as if you're a bit generous with sploshing the white spirit on then it gets sucked under the tape and all sorts of issues and fun could happen. Not sure of the blue AS has used but it could be tricky to paint match.

I’ve used the masking tape method successfully on 37140 where I unintentionally removed part of one of the running numbers beforehand with the weathering enamel paint. This protected the depot sticker and data panel whilst I removed the remains of the number. I have also matched BR blue paint adding a small amount of yellow to Railmatch blue and tweaking it between coats. An example 37 single riveted roof section which was in sector grey below…

066oncrossing.JPG.beb2504f01c15db4e8e4cf46c708a417.JPG

I also colour matched and patch painted the exec dark grey on this - Railmatch exec dark grey and black.

DSCF1437.JPG.72186e0e3a86da6a8b75e3f830690b67.JPG

It can be done.

Edited by 97406
  • Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Just some packaging feedback for Accurascale upon receipt of my 31128 this evening.

Nice proportionally sized cardboard box but no AccuraEnds for the loco box thus did you run out again or have these been removed as a packaging option?

Loco box this time was also wrapped in a plastic bag which I feel is unnecessary and wasteful and would rather have the AccuraEnds for added protection within the box during transit.

The loco box only had a thin piece of crumpled paper down one side for protection in the cardboard box and nothing else and not the way I would pack something this valuable so perhaps this area needs a re-visit.

Unfortunately, my loco arrived without any paperwork/sound sheet but will log a support call for that separately.

Upon further investigation the paperwork was hidden underneath the foam insert at the bottom of the box so look out for that but came loose and not in a plastic zipped pouch which I will speak to AS about separately.

Lastly, Loco was covered in a 3-piece film which I find a pain to use if I need to re-pack the loco thus could you go back to the one piece film to cover the loco in the ice-cube like with all your other classes?

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by classy52

Admittedly I also first thought that the paperwork was missing when I opened my 31 but after the initial shock of not seeing it immediately I did find it in the bottom of the box under the foam packaging. 

We're so used to seeing it on the top as the first thing you find when opening the box.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Just some packaging feedback for Accurascale upon receipt of my 31128 this evening.

Nice proportionally sized cardboard box but no AccuraEnds for the loco box thus did you run out again or have these been removed as a packaging option?

Loco box this time was also wrapped in a plastic bag which I feel is unnecessary and wasteful and would rather have the AccuraEnds for added protection within the box during transit.

The loco box only had a thin piece of crumpled paper down one side for protection in the cardboard box and nothing else and not the way I would pack something this valuable so perhaps this area needs a re-visit.

Unfortunately, my loco arrived without any paperwork/sound sheet but will log a support call for that separately.

Upon further investigation the paperwork was hidden underneath the foam insert at the bottom of the box so look out for that but came loose and not in a plastic zipped pouch which I will speak to AS about separately.

Lastly, Loco was covered in a 3-piece film which I find a pain to use if I need to re-pack the loco thus could you go back to the one piece film to cover the loco in the ice-cube like with all your other classes?

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

I got the accuraends with my loco on Monday so perhaps they have run out, one has found a use to store my glasses need to find a use for the other!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, LNERandBR said:

Admittedly I also first thought that the paperwork was missing when I opened my 31 but after the initial shock of not seeing it immediately I did find it in the bottom of the box under the foam packaging. 

We're so used to seeing it on the top as the first thing you find when opening the box.

I had vaguely remembered that someone else had mentioned that on here, without being mocked I presume, hence why I checked underneath the foam insert but otherwise I would have logged an unnecessary support call with AS if I hadn't known.

Thus the moral of the story, if you are missing the paperwork check underneath the bed (foam inserts)!

7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @sulzer71

I confirmed some pages back that they were already on the high seas when this error was noticed. However, our locos are quite simple to renumber should the error be of a major irritant to the end user. It's not a perfect situation and of course shouldn't need to be done, but even we are human and make the odd mistake.

Cheers!

Fran 

Can’t these be intercepted on arrival in UK and corrected in your workshop? After all you’re only talking two variants. I know if this had been a Hornby thread you’d have been lambasted (along with people suggesting sending them back and asking for refunds). I know you don’t make many mistakes (as a company) and the product is generally extremely good, unfortunately two of my purchases (different model) also have an issue (which would be considered significant in many cases). However I’m looking forward to my class 31 (which is coming via a retailer) 😀👍

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Accurascale staff
4 minutes ago, MidlandRed said:

Can’t these be intercepted on arrival in UK and corrected in your workshop? After all you’re only talking two variants. I know if this had been a Hornby thread you’d have been lambasted (along with people suggesting sending them back and asking for refunds). I know you don’t make many mistakes (as a company) and the product is generally extremely good, unfortunately two of my purchases (different model) also have an issue (which would be considered significant in many cases). However I’m looking forward to my class 31 (which is coming via a retailer) 😀👍

We always recommend if you have an issue to reach out directly to the support team and we will always do all we can to resolve to your satisfaction. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MidlandRed said:

I know if this had been a Hornby thread you’d have been lambasted (along with people suggesting sending them back and asking for refunds).

There would be Tiki Torches & Pitchforks at Margate as we type and a very angry letter to the UN!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, SHMD said:

I purchased two Accuraends (not cheap) but got a really good rendition of a class31 with them free !

Kev.

I bought mine…

IMG_0092.jpeg.a8b816c1d3d5960314a14777512ca685.jpeg

A bit of a Bargain really,.. it came with a Purple piece of reusable plastic in the bottom..

IMG_0093.jpeg.389432525576ea6738fb722c6109595c.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 10

1 hour ago, classy52 said:

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve

This one falls in my department and all feedback is much appreciated.. Although if the main niggles are with packaging and hidden paperwork, then it just shows what a cracking job our PM and our factory have done on these..

We did run out of ends again for the last couple of hundred orders, but the warehouse are under instructions to do their best with void fillers like air bags and bubble wrap while we wait on a big restock of accuraends to arrive, including more than enough for all of the Deltics

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived, i’m like a kid, i’m having more fun with cradles than the contents…

IMG_0094.jpeg.9b7c79b23db828f9f64f783108aafecc.jpeg

does this look like the front of a steam train ?

IMG_0095.jpeg.bd10deb31e0f90aad63cf3a420e30789.jpeg

my toolbox is the tidiest its been in a decade…IMG_0096.jpeg.02fcbd170f3c7b98d9d434d39e2dced1.jpeg

but I cant find nowt now..

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Cabra cement depot said:

This one falls in my department and all feedback is much appreciated.. Although if the main niggles are with packaging and hidden paperwork, then it just shows what a cracking job our PM and our factory have done on these..

We did run out of ends again for the last couple of hundred orders, but the warehouse are under instructions to do their best with void fillers like air bags and bubble wrap while we wait on a big restock of accuraends to arrive, including more than enough for all of the Deltics

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes I like the AccuraEnds because I use them but I'm not clutching my pearls because I didn't get them with this loco and the hidden paperwork is literally a nothing burger but I mentioned it for anyone else on here waiting for their Class 31.

Ok there could have been a bit more padding within the box around the loco box but it arrived in perfect condition and yes that's what counts.

From my side the post wasn't a petty niggle at AS, as it was interpreted by most on here, but just feedback back to you guys which seems to have been roundly mocked starting with someone that runs this forum and also Agreed by one of your staff which isn't a good look in my opinion.

Maybe it's just one of those nights where everyone loses their sh!t over nothing, next time I'll keep my mouth shut and just go directly to AS online as this forum can get out of hand real fast.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 7

53 minutes ago, McC said:

We always recommend if you have an issue to reach out directly to the support team and we will always do all we can to resolve to your satisfaction. 

Yeah I know and the issue (applying to two variants of another model has been acknowledged to another forum member) - I will be contacting yourselves via you support mechanism - just waited whilst the GETS aftermath (including unloading of awards 😀👍) is complete before doing so. The lifetime warranty is an important USP imho. 

Edited by MidlandRed
  • Friendly/supportive 2