Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

22 hours ago, Dagworth said:

Bachmann ones are definitely closer to the proper colour 

IMG_2894.jpeg.b7b0336beafe6ebad51d06fd1bf1139c.jpeg

AS ones are an odd sort of tan/brown (maybe I can call it Golden Ochre?) 

Andi

No those boxes are definitely the same shade of blue 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

No problem at all, Will. 

Gareth took time out of his day working on his next project (one I reckon you will really like) to overlay CAD and scan from above if that helps. Otherwise, I'm sure you can make your informed judgement when you get hold of one in person.

Acc-31-roof.jpg.0a367a028729646547184c2f7cfd91ef.jpg

Anyway, clocking off time. Look forward to seeing more of our Peds on layouts! 

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for this Fran - It's a very interesting insight to how you guys work and helps show me whats going on. Maybe it's my eyes and I'm looking at the image on a small screen but does appear the centre windows/rainstrip doesn't line up which being set back on the CAD will create a flatter front appearance exagerated by the headcode box being closer the rain strip. It looks like thats also continued to the outer window, which was my casual observation... (Personally I think Bachmann has overdone this curve).

It also is very interesting in that the scan also shows how difficult your CAD teams job is in that it's really only a guide and there's alot of skill involved in intrepreting it!  

Thanks and good luck with the model

Will

• Accurascale staff

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up that the balance of the BR Blue 31s are now available on the website: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/brush-type-2-class-30-31/availability_in-stock

The look good with a nice tasty sub if I do say so myself! (also in stock and now on sale!) 

mk11.jpg.863fc8a78783482d4001b7d638325306.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 09/10/2024 at 11:04, Dagworth said:

Bachmann ones are definitely closer to the proper colour 

IMG_2894.jpeg.b7b0336beafe6ebad51d06fd1bf1139c.jpeg

AS ones are an odd sort of tan/brown (maybe I can call it Golden Ochre?) 

Andi

I think this is a definite case of needing a banana for scale! 🍌

• Funny 1

31128 Charybdis with Sound seems awfully popular, got my notification and there was only 3 left and just had to grab one!

Been reading all the previous posts on the comparisons with the competitor and to be honest with my severely untrained eye this Accurascale Class 31 kicks the other one into touch and that's not even mentioning the sound variants where Accurascale reign supreme, there's just no comparison based on the provided photo's.

Wasn't going to get 31128 but all the feedback and photo's convinced me otherwise, can't wait to get it.

Thank you once again Accurascale.

Edited by classy52
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Accurascale staff
23 minutes ago, Chris56057 said:

Is it fair to say we will see the Intercity,Dutch and Regional Railways examples in December? 

Next batch will ship in a few weeks, and the final batch a few weeks after that and then we'll be onto Run 2 proper :) 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I've just had a surprise DPD "we're expecting your parcel" email come through - either it's my Accurascale 31432, or a novelty pooing pigeon soap dispenser ordered online recently - but either way I'm very excited..!

• Like 1
  • Funny 13

• Accurascale staff
59 minutes ago, Down_Under said:

@Accurascale Fran are you likely to be producing anymore replacement wheelsets (P4)? I missed the pre-order.  Guess I'll have to keep an eye out on the website if any spare sets come up. 

Hi @Down_Under,

We will have some arriving with batch two in the coming weeks and they will go on the website then for sale.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Down_Under said:

@Accurascale Fran are you likely to be producing anymore replacement wheelsets (P4)? I missed the pre-order.  Guess I'll have to keep an eye out on the website if any spare sets come up. 

I also missed them.  When I spoke to Fran at the Darlington show 4 weeks ago, he said they would appear for sale on the website when they arrived with the 31s, so there must have been a very small window when they were on sale (especially as I looked a couple of times a week)

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, NickL2008 said:

Must say, looking at the pictures though that the Blue one is tempting, my Dutch one at this rate may have company when it arrives!

NL

I keep telling myself I don't need a Blue 5544 and to wait for a Western Region Blue numbered pre-tops example, but it's getting difficult to resist.....

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, Geep7 said:

I keep telling myself I don't need a Blue 5544 and to wait for a Western Region Blue numbered pre-tops example, but it's getting difficult to resist.....

I told myself I didn’t need a BR Blue one as well until the email popped in this morning with the gratuitous pics of the best model of a 31 ever. I’m now £269.99 lighter!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Geep7 said:

Me too 🤣🤣

47 minutes ago, Ajax50046 said:

I told myself I didn’t need a BR Blue one as well until the email popped in this morning with the gratuitous pics of the best model of a 31 ever. I’m now £269.99 lighter!

I am now poorer thanks to 37258, got the Dutch 31 and 50 still on pre-order 😅

NL

• RMweb Gold

Oh dear.

Ive folded..

its bad.

I see my name on the web page next to multiple pictures.

Next level loyalty club status is getting closer.

I decided to buy the rake of 7 blue subs too… the exact coach numbers to recreate the last train working on the Suburban routes, plus an extra SLO/Brake so I can split and make a 5 and a 4 rake (a bit more proportionate for my layout for a suburban length train)

so much for a quiet low spending month… cheese and crackers now till month end.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• Accurascale staff

Ohhh we do like a spinny fan! Especially when it's a smooth, integrated coreless motor with DC and DCC controls and fitted as standard to all models! 

• Like 17