Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

• RMweb Premium

Well proves you cannot win them all,should have a pole to see if correct scale size or light up was the way to go since it seems they are IR on the real thing,was sure i had not seen this in Kielder on RAC in the seventys and eightys, definatly different though,very to boldly go where others dont,hope it pays off with it being a bit niche:)

14 hours ago, 55020 said:

AS provide a fully programmed drop in decoder, something no other manufacturer does as far as I am aware.  If you choose to go off piste, I suggest you can't really then complain.  If you found it "unnecessarily complicated" did you reach out to AS for any assistance regarding which lights are wired/mapped to which output?  If you did I'm sure the answers would have been forthcoming.

Steve

Absolutely: when I fitted my own ESU LokPilot (bought locally here in Australia) to a non-DCC-fitted class 92, Accurascale's help team were very obliging and sent me a complete file of the CV settings that I could import into my LokProgrammer software and put onto the decoder. All I had to do was ask. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, BrushVeteran said:

What ever next!.............................we'll have a version with flames coming out of the exhausts before we know it!  (EE engine of course, never saw a Mirrlees create that spectacle).

Best flames I ever saw were D200 on a Crewe - Stoke run. 

Come on Accurascale, you still know it makes sense...

Roy

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 3

38 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Roy

So, for the next EE Co model they will include a box of matches in the extra parts! 😈🤣

• Funny 3

If AccuraScale did an original greed D5572, I wonder how many folks “of a certain age” would buy one to remember their first train set?!  I love my Freightliner set - and a long and slippery slope began 🤣🤣🎉

I’d probably buy one

Edited by philg
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23/06/2023 at 12:03, Roy Langridge said:

Roy

I think the effect of fire on a plastic model would be somewhat different to the prototype (I says deliberately missing the point…)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 22/06/2023 at 16:05, Bucoops said:

Not a fan of the 31s but I have "met"105 and its friend in preservation

20200805_141618.jpg.5c614e5466ec292bb512bc296d0c8a31.jpg

20200805_141614.jpg.95d6f5bb2c948071bafdef4a366e22d3.jpg

Great to see more Mangapps based items get the miniaturisation treatment.

Well, before my normal modelling window but I’ll be doing this:

https://www.47soton.co.uk/2014/06/31105-oldest-diesel-on-network-rail.html

I can make the train up from my 3D prints really easily so why not have 2 versions of the coaches!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 24/06/2023 at 05:33, philg said:

If AccuraScale did an original greed D5572, I wonder how many folks “of a certain age” would buy one to remember their first train set?!  I love my Freightliner set - and a long and slippery slope began 🤣🤣🎉

I’d probably buy one

How about Accurascale recreating the original trainset? 😀

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 23/06/2023 at 18:33, philg said:

I’d probably buy one

Plus one for D5572. I've had a soft spot for Brush type 2s ever since. 

But.......

Was it not the Freightmaster set...? 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

21 hours ago, SJR said:

How about Accurascale recreating the original trainset? 😀

No No No NO NO ! 

That would completely ruin it's flawed charm - EXACTLY the reason some films must never remade especially by Hollywood !!!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Fran and everyone at Accurascale, 

I hope you are all well? 

Just a quick question. Will your Class 31 and Class 50 models have the removable roof in order to fit a DCC Decoder or DCC Sound Decoder? If not then what will the method be to do this? 

Thank you in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Danny,

Yes indeed, both models will have a removable hatch for DCC installation.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran, 

Thank you for the reply and information, it’s greatly appreciated. 

I was hoping that they would do, but didn’t recall seeing it on the specifications, so I didn’t want to assume. That’s brilliant, because it makes fitting a decoder so much easier. 

I’ve just remembered, so I will mention this whilst I’m here even though it isn’t the most appropriate thread. I bought a Class 37 decoder from you this week and I think the decoder is the one for the Class 37, it’s just in the description on the website it says it’s for the Class 31. I only knew it was for the Class 37 from reading the reviews that other customers had left. I just thought I would let you know of the error. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

@Accurascale Fran

Hi Fran,

Just a quick question re. the Class 30 D5549 which I have on order and is only available as a non sound model.

I am wondering if the D5549 will be supplied with a fitted Accurathrash speaker and stayalive? If so then I could place a separate order for a sound chip which I presume will be available some time post launch?

I know this would make the model strictly speaking a type 31 (ie Mirrlees replaced by an EE power plant but without a yellow panel). But given that Mirrlees sound will never be an option, at least I would have a sound fitted model in my collection. A compromise I'm happy to make.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Railsnail
Added stayalive
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Railsnail said:

@Accurascale Fran

Hi Fran,

Just a quick question re. the Class 30 D5549 which I have on order and is only available as a non sound model.

I am wondering if the D5549 will be supplied with a fitted Accurathrash speaker and stayalive? If so then I could place a separate order for a sound chip which I presume will be available some time post launch?

I know this would make the model strictly speaking a type 31 (ie Mirrlees replaced by an EE power plant but without a yellow panel). But given that Mirrlees sound will never be an option, at least I would have a sound fitted model in my collection. A compromise I'm happy to make.

Thanks in advance :)

I would do the same if a 31 sound decoder was going to be offered at some stage. Better than no sound, unless someone out there has some old recordings of the Mirlees?

• Like 1

• Accurascale staff
3 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

I would do the same if a 31 sound decoder was going to be offered at some stage. Better than no sound, unless someone out there has some old recordings of the Mirlees?

We're actually working on a solution for the Mirlees :) More news anon... 

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, McC said:

We're actually working on a solution for the Mirlees :) More news anon... 

Brilliant! So the big question. Is it worth getting the class 30 for a future sound retrofit, or will a sound fitted be offered. I know I'm being pushy but you do keep coming up with solutions 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zr2498 said:

Brilliant! So the big question. Is it worth getting the class 30 for a future sound retrofit, or will a sound fitted be offered. I know I'm being pushy but you do keep coming up with solutions 🙂

I'll push with you 😄

• Accurascale staff
7 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Right now, th plan is that the Ready 30 will have accurathrash fitted. IF we sort the Mirlees file, then we'll likely add that variation and allow customers to upgrade should they wish. 

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, McC said:

Right now, th plan is that the Ready 30 will have accurathrash fitted. IF we sort the Mirlees file, then we'll likely add that variation and allow customers to upgrade should they wish. 

Thanks. Just placed an order for DCC ready D5549 with one of your retailers, as you have 'sold out' on your site. Hopefully they will offer the same upgrade should you have success.

• Agree 1