The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Anyone recognise the new pantograph?

BR traction instructor

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

Tool? Or Fool? :biggrin_mini:

Both, as far as I'm concerned.

Shocking.

It's a shame that there isn't a clear full-face photo of this **** - posted on a news website - somewhere his boss can see it.

I think we can all guess exactly how well it would be received ... .

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Huw Griffiths said:

It's a shame that there isn't a clear full-face photo of this **** - posted on a news website - somewhere his boss can see it.

Presuming, of course, that chummy has a job - he's more likely to be one of the professional unemployed...

Edited by MarkC
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, 30801 said:

I'm seeing lots of judgy comments here before anyone's even seen how well it handles current. 

I suspect that there would be a lot of sizzling, accompanied by smoke and a whiff of roasting meat...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 30801 said:

I'm seeing lots of judgy comments here before anyone's even seen how well it handles current. 

Obviously someone who’s education missed the joy of the 1980’s/1990’s BTP safety visits to schools….

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, 30801 said:

I would say it looks like a fast-acting fuse.    Here's another twerp .... 1 min 20....

https://www.facebook.com/businessinsider/videos/train-surfing-this-terrifying-russian-craze-involves-teens-riding-on-top-of-trai/10153117529194071/

• RMweb Gold

It’s the new Fairely-Stoned single arm pan 

Life expectancy is unfortunately very short. Mainly a problem in the head and a quick acting auto-dropping device. 

Edited by Dagworth
Typo
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Dagworth said:

It’s the new Fairely-Stoned single arm pan 

Life expectancy is unfortunately very short. Mainly a problem in the head and a quick acting auto-dropping device. 

Economically viable, though; despite the short (and rarther spectacular) service life, they are easily and cheaply replaced from a previously overproduced product that has flooded the market and needs to be disposed of...

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Ah, Extinction Rebellion. I'm in agreement with the cause but they are spectacularly, tactically inept. We should be concerned about the sort of world we hand on to our children and grandchildren but unless you're going to walk to Dover and swim the channel then Eurostar would seem to be the greenest option to get to the continent. 

• Like 1