Train Trax and Model Railway Magic

Ian_M

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

I think the Tomix tram track would have wider uses with the popularity of 009 as well as N gauge trams and industrial trackage. 
I got a fair selection off eBay over the years and have used it for quick setups to run my Kato & Tomytec trams with thoughts of 009 trams too using the Diecast Lisbon ones Kato chassis. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I hadn’t even heard of Tomix Finetrack until this thread mentioned it. That ship has already sailed for me with a loft full of Kato Unitrak already. But the Tomytec buildings and vehicles that I have are very good and I’d be happy to see an easier way to get hold of them. 

I actually prefer the Tomix track over Kato. Not that Kato isnt good, but I think the roadbed is far too high. The Tomix is at a much more realistic level and therefore looks better. I can also imagine their inset track being exceptionally useful to narrow gauge modelers.

Thanks to all who have contributed, either here or via my little survey. It's looking like there is a modest interest in Tomix and Tomytec items across the range, so later this summer we'll get some stock on the way and do the necessary website work.

I

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2

• 1 month later...

Summer sale time again:

https://traintrax.co.uk/sale

You'll see that we've added the ability to filter by category to make it easier to find the bargain that's right for you!

Our prices are always good compared to other UK retailers, but sometimes we can offer extra price reductions on selected KATO items. Grab them while you can!

We're unlikely to re-stock any of these items. We need to make shelf room for incoming stock (and to prepare for our end of year stocktake). Sale ends 30th June or when stock runs out!

• 3 months later...

Just a quick note to share that we're now offically a 'Trade Member' here on RMWeb. We'll try and share some updates about what's happening for us.

Recently we have been tied-up planning, going and coming back from our attendance at The International N Gauge Show (TINGS). As always with shows it was great to meet so many existing customers in person. It was particularly lovely to see Keith, previous owner of Train Trax, as well as catch up a little with Hiroshi, President of KATO. We also had our Hex TRAK demo which attracted a lot of interest.

Once we'd caught up with most of the admin and emails,  we were able to open pre-orders for the most recent announcements from Kato, both North American and Japanese. There's just a few this time, probably to allow manufacturing to get back on schedule after some recent delays. There are the following new items in the Japanese range: Tokyu Railways 5050 series 4000 series (in 'Shinkansen' style wrapping),  Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line 16000 series,  (HO) EF58 (with icicle cut, brown),  381 series "Yutaka Yakumo",  and the E231 series 500 series from the Chuo-Sobu local line. From KatoUSA there's a long overdue re-run of the SD80MAC - available in Conrail and NS liveries for those of you pulling coal.  Pre-order all items here.

Over the late summer we have had various arrivals too. Take a look at the 'Just Arrived' page to find out what's now in stock. A lot of KatoUSA locos arrived this week.

You might know that Train Trax is just one part of what Model Railway Magic does. We also trade all brands and scales of used model railway equipment on our eBay store. In the next month or so we're planning to branch out into something else by taking over another small online brand from the modelling world. We think there's lots of potential for it to 'grow' and we hope some of our Train Trax customers will also find it useful. More news on this soon.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1