Dundas 009 wagon kits

Lissadell

Apologies if this has been asked before - I’m non too familiar with the world of 009!

Were the Dundas kits supplied with metal or plastic wheels?

Are there any differences since Peco have taken over?

How much weight have colleagues added to the basic 4 wheel chassis  to assist with running?

Thank you for any help/guidance

Adrian

• RMweb Premium

Some of the early kits may have had plastic wheels, but Dundas 009 kits have had metal wheels for a number of years.

Peco haven't taken them over, Peco took over the Parkside standard gauge kits, Dundas are still trading from the previous address.

https://dundasmodels.co.uk/

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

20 hours ago, Lissadell said:

How much weight have colleagues added to the basic 4 wheel chassis  to assist with running?

I asked this question recently and was given a link to an group called McKinley Railway - they use a formula of 5gm weight per cm of length measured over the buffers. I have used this formula on my 009 stock, including bogie coaches and I have to say it seems to be working just fine.

I found some cheap 5gm wheel weights (use to balance car wheels) on eBay, the fit in most locations. If they will not fit (say in a loco boiler area) I use Liquid Gravity.

Edited by rynd2it
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Adrian,

Good luck with your wagons. And +1 for Liquid Gravity for adding weight. 

I’ve started a thread to document my experience with Dundas kits if it’s of any use:

Ian